View Poll Results: Are you enjoying AVX?

Voters
302. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

    79 26.16%
  • No

    124 41.06%
  • Would enjoy it more if it had more feats

    19 6.29%
  • Jean Grey

    80 26.49%
Page 84 of 389 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 5832
  1. #1246
    Bitch, what? BBeeryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    with you
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    He better not punch Storm again.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm

  2. #1247
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,810

    Default

    I mean, I'm not surprised he overreacts and throws Earth's Mightiest Heroes in a gulag... that's his whole m.o. the past few years with detainment without trial... but for his sake, hopefully Cyclops is smarter than to trust Danger with keeping the Avengers incarcerated as warden again... right?

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  3. #1248
    Elder Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I mean, I'm not surprised he overreacts and throws Earth's Mightiest Heroes in a gulag... that's his whole m.o. the past few years with detainment without trial... but for his sake, hopefully Cyclops is smarter than to trust Danger with keeping the Avengers incarcerated as warden again... right?
    Maybe they'll name the prison after Jean too.

  4. #1249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comicbook man View Post
    Love this cover! The AvX #9 cover was okay, but leaving it all up to Spider-Man and putting the Avengers in a prison is essentially setting the X-men up for a big defeat. And who needs that? Sinister always offers much more subtlety in his devious nature. He's been cunning, coy, and downright charismatic in how he takes on the X-men. He really made a splash with the relaunch and it'll be interesting to see how he takes on the Phoenix. He already has experience manipulating it and the women it affects. He made a clone of Jean Grey once before. Now let's see how he handles the rip-off character that was shoved into her place!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

    X-men Supreme

  5. #1250
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe they'll name the prison after Jean too.
    All I know is, there will be mirthful laughter if Jessica Jones is the first to attempt escape by recreating the scene towards the end of Shawshank Redemption.

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  6. #1251
    C'est kinky Seresecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,837

    Default

    avx vs spoilers

    spoilers:
    another Avengers sweep
    end of spoilers

  7. #1252
    Ghostly Roboto Ebon Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here or there.
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yes but you are assuming that 80 years later Hope would still be relevant. Hope could have died long before anyone knew her and another messiah been born. Anything could have happened in the 80 years since Hope's birth to have made her completely irrelevant or obscure to that timeline. And they did not know that nothing important happened in the other timeline. They sent another Madrox dupe to the other timeline as well. No one except Layla (who went with the dupe to Bishop's timeline) knew a damn thing about which timeline was more important or what role Hope played in either. So again, Madrox would have had to fill them in on all the details. That other dupe who went to that other timeline in fact became Cortex and was sent to kill all the future leaders of the Summers Rebellion.
    There's no reason she wouldn't be relevant. In order for another messiah to replace her, mutantkind would literally have to face extinction again and get another restart. There's nothing at all to suggest something like that could happen. And I guess I was mistaken about Madrox. But the overall point remains out them having no reason not to react to the M on his face.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I may believe someone is a criminal but that doesn't mean I will fight it if someone else confesses and I have no proof. It simply became pointless for the X-men to continue to fight it given how the story unfolded. What was Cyke's backup plan for the Museum attack? What was his back-up plan for when Rogue's team betrayed the X-men at the start of MC. Give me a break dude. Cyke is not god, the dude has been caught without a plan plenty of times. If Cyke always has a plan and countless back-up plans then he must be one of the shittiest planners of all time to always have a plan but yet the X-men find themselves usually getting their ass handed to them initially before ultimately winning because they are the heroes.
    How was it pointless when she was still guilty of the act itself. Doom's confession didn't change that part of the crime, only the reason behind it. And there's a clear difference between planning and reacting towards the unexpected and the expected. He's known the Phoenix would be coming for a while now, just like he's known the Avengers would come for Hope. And we've seen that he already had a plan in place to deal with their invasion.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Again, I don't think there is definitive evidence of the PF's criteria. You are assuming you know based on a small window that you have witnessed. It is not a long history from the perspective of the PF. There is no government in the world that would not assume the PF is a threat based on the limited knowledge we have of it and simply stick its head in the sand and say well it hasn't fucked us up yet so lets not prepare for it.
    One can easily acknowledge the fact that the Earth's been around for a couple billion years without being destroyed by the Phoenix as a clear sign, even though it has mad an appearance multiple times on Earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It is judging them from a first impression because your first impression is based on seeing or being told they are black for example. A racist would simply stop right there and conclude on that person. And I have interviewed candidates plenty of times and formed first impressions based on their resumes and how they present themselves in an interview only for that first impression to be totally wrong. Some people are naturally better at presenting themselves than others.
    Judging by race means judging before they made an impression. And unless you're regularly wrong about people, the odds still support it.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    You specifically said the Shi'ar have this nice long history with the PF and so I pointed out that the nice long history is one of the Shi'ar trying to kill it because they think it is a destructive force and now you switch to the Kree? The fact is the civilization that you said is well versed in the PF thinks it is a danger. I could care less about the Kree because you did not mention them originally.
    I'm not switching anything. The Shi'ar aren't going after the Phoenix because they believe it destroys worlds, they're gong after it because it's their personal enemy and they won't to remove it's ability to engage in conflict with them. That's a whole different situation then acting as if it will wipe out a world. You would note the Shi'ar had no trouble allying with Jean and later Rachel when they needed help, nor allowing them upon their homeworld. The mention of the Kree and others is additional proof about the Phoenix not being feared in such a way by other worlds.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Except it is being used. Magik is being used right now. She was used in SC and when she was taken out, a team was sent to bring her back.
    Used right now for a whole different and specific reason. It says plenty towards her usefulness with Scott's current reason for using her. And she was used in SC alongside Pixie, so that doesn't disprove my claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Northstar specifically says in response to the landscape changing that it will be impossible to find Magik. It is right there for anyone to read. Again, it is absurd to pretend that there was any real way for them to find each other. They simply found each other because the writer wanted them to. It is debatable whether Pixie can come back to the exact spot she dropped them off and even if she could, it would not look to her like the same spot because the landscape would be completely different. So once again, once you decide to go after Magik, Pixie has to go along and stay with the team otherwise you risk her coming back alone and trying to find her away around when the entire landscape is now different.
    Again, it was impossible because they didn't know where she was in the first place. The changing landscape made a complicated issue even harder. And there's nothing implying they had to travel far while they were down there, so the claim that they didn't travel far from each other is reasonable. And as I mentioned, unless the change was spacial, then there's no reason Pixie wouldn't have return to the same area, even if the landscape was changing. Still wouldn't be no strategic reason to send Pixie and risk her dying.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not sure your point. The way characters are used changes all the time. Mags and Storm have periods where Cyke did not use them a lot and periods where he uses them more. Magik is no different.
    As long as they were available, Scott has used them in every situation. On the otherhand, even when Magik was available, she was not used very much. There's a clear difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Because Cyke had no reason to believe Hope was going to be killed. They simply wanted her off planet and there would be nothing preventing her from being trained off planet. And no one disputes people were upset with Nightcrawler dying. I am disputing the notion that sacrificing yourself for someone else has a negative connotation. It doesn't. Plenty of people sacrifice for their countries or others and are celebrated as heroes. Nightcrawler is not any less of a hero because he died for Hope. There were just people who were pissed because they would have preferred he did not sacrifice himself for Hope but that does not mean his sacrfice was negative.
    Um, yes he did. Cable specifically told him that due to the Avenegrs taking her, Hope wasn't around and the world burns. The implications pretty much suggest that she dies. If said people had no positive connotation towards Nightcrawler giving his life, then it's a negative connotation.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Messiah is a Jewish term. If you read the Old Testament or ask anyone who is a practicing Jew, the messiah is meant to come and destroy the enemies of the Jews. This is one of the reasons Jesus was not seen as the messiah by many Jews because instead of destroying the enemies of the Jews, he sacrificed himself instead. Incidentally, Christians got around this thorny issue by saying when Jesus comes back that is when he will fulfill his role as the messiah and destroy evil so even Christians believe in a messiah who will fight and lay waste to the enemies of Christianity. The Jews and Christians simply disagree regarding timing. So sorry, a Messiah was always intended to be someone who would fight.
    Fight =/= destroying enemies. Even in Jewish eschatology, there's nothing about actual fighting. It's more about the blessed one who will rule over the new era. There's no fighting done by Jesus during Revelation either, more like an instant victory. Besides, unless there's something to suggest that the X-men have suddenly become religious, there's no reason to assume anyone thought that Hope would fight in her role as messiah, especially since her opposition is a concept, not an actual opponent.

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Cyke is a general. Like and dislike mean nothing. You are confusing trust and like. Cyke has trusted Wolvy more during certain times than others. And again, during Schism Cyke specifically talks about how much he has come to trust and value Mags' opinion. You are free to believe what you want. I am simply saying what was said in the actual book by Cyke himself in regards to Mags.
    Like and dislike means plenty, since the X-men are a family foremost. And it being said instory doesn't mean anything unless there's an actual example of it. The recent comments made about the Phoenix shows this best.

  8. #1253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    avx vs spoilers

    spoilers:
    another Avengers sweep
    end of spoilers
    Well then I guess that would make the whole "No More Avengers" angle more necessary.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

    X-men Supreme

  9. #1254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    avx vs spoilers

    spoilers:
    another Avengers sweep
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

    Why am I suppose to buy the stupid tie in again Marvel? (Actually I didn't buy the first one either but here's why.)

    Can this get any more predictable? Everyone knew they'd never let Gambit beat Cap or Spiderman loose.
    I'm sure this time, it was a complete beat down instead of a fake loss too.
    end of spoilers

  10. #1255
    No Day but Today Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

    Why am I suppose to buy the stupid tie in again Marvel? (Actually I didn't buy the first one either but here's why.)

    Can this get any more predictable? Everyone knew they'd never let Gambit beat Cap or Spiderman loose.
    I'm sure this time, it was a complete beat down instead of a fake loss too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spiderman technically lost, at least it says that the winner is Colossus
    end of spoilers

  11. #1256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    spoilers:
    Spiderman technically lost, at least it says that the winner is Colossus
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ah, so Spiderman gave up like Magneto did and Gambit gets to be the only one so far one beaten completely?
    end of spoilers

  12. #1257
    No Day but Today Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    spoilers:
    Ah, so Spiderman gave up like Magneto did and Gambit gets to be the only one so far one beaten completely?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spiderman was losing, then he left because they found Hope somewhere else
    end of spoilers

  13. #1258
    C'est kinky Seresecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,837

    Default Black Panther vs Storm

    TT ALL ENDS HERE, TRUE BELIEVERS!!



    AVX Vs #5 (of 6)
    MATT FRACTION & JASON AARON (w)
    Leinil Yu & JOHN ROMITA JR. (a)
    COVER BY Leinil Yu
    FIGHT POSTER VARIANT By JOHN ROMITA JR.
    The premier tie-in to AVENGERS VS. X-MEN marches on!
    BLACK PANTHER VS. STORM!
    ANGEL VS. HAWKEYE!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

  14. #1259
    Veteran Member Slant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Is BP wins....

  15. #1260
    Seasoned OG xgeek52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Posts
    14,725

    Default

    oh, boy, this day just got interesting...

    *looks for place to hide*
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

    be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

    i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •