View Poll Results: Are you enjoying AVX?

Voters
302. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

79 26.16%
  • No

124 41.06%
  • Would enjoy it more if it had more feats

19 6.29%
  • Jean Grey

80 26.49%
Page 53 of 389 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

For any of you who find yourself bummed out by the sobering tone and disappointing results of AvX, I cannot recommend strongly enough reading issue 17 of FF. Spidey gets totally hammered on Kymellian booze, parties with Molloids, watches the Torch hook up with Mary Jane, and gets macked on by a Zatoan hottie. And it has one of the best shocker-endings of all time.
    I haven’t had that much fun reading a comic since the first issue of Wolverine and the X-Men.
    I demand a Future Foundation / Jean Grey School cross-over, penned by Hickman, penciled by Gragotta, and I demand it now!

As i said in the avx vs thread. Wolverine is going to switch side. He is going to make his own side and some of the jean great school mutants are going to join him. Why would the guy who wants to kill hope take sides with Cyclops?
    And I think Marvel is going to play the " surprise" card on us for the next few weeks with colossus beating spiderman, but letting him go because he is a gentle person and Gambit beating Cap because Cap is distracted but someone comes in and saves Cap's ass. Just so we can be " surprised" not because it's all logical in the light of 60 plus years of building these characters histories. And After the first few initial " surprises" we will see some " normal" outcomes in some of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You didn't actually read the issue i take it?

Iron Man wasn't wearing a metal suit, they explained that in the issue itself. Iron Man thinks 10 moves ahead, so of course he'd be prepared for Magneto.
    Buddy it got explained clearly in the first page. Iron man is 10 steps ahead but this is THE MASTER OF MAGNETISM , HE CAN USE ANYTHING AROUND HIM , EVEN PULL AN ASTEROID FROM SPACE AND DROP IT ON HIS HEAD IF HE WANTED TO.

Magnetism is one of 4 laws of the cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    I hope you get arrested
    I hope you get molested

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    LOL...this for the win.

Agreed. I was disappointed (yet again). With the stakes for the X-Men being so high, I don't see why Piotr would sacrifice taking out one of the most powerful Avengers, and could potentially cost them the fight in the long run. The PIS is running thick so far, and I expected better. Gillen wrote the issue well IMO, but the forced plot win ruined it for me, and we will probably get more.

I have to agree after those first bullshit fights I feel like boycotting them . great writers but since the marvel corp is only out for $$$$$$$$ and the premiere of Avengers on the Horizon they got told to make x-men look weak. Marvel is just making this a big giant gimmick

Emma is going to the Avengers.,
    And this all in one tread thing y is annoying.,

Quote Originally Posted by comicbook man View Post
    Magnetism is one of 4 laws of the cosmo
    One of the four FORCES
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    So, we're to understand that Iron Man found an element that is not metallic to conduct electricity? .
    Carbon, when fond as graphite, conducts electricity. But I don't think it's use in electronics is widespread.
    Last edited by Sunbird; 04-26-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Did Cap really just punch Wolverine in AvX 3? Man he's in over his head.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by comicbook man View Post
    Marvel is just making this a big giant gimmick
    <GASP> noo! 1212121

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    Carbon, when fond as graphite, conducts electricity. But I don't think it's use in electronics is widespread.
    When it is the form that conducts eletricity it is magnetic, and the power going though it would create it's own magnetic field
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

this 'event' has generated a lot -- well emotion, debate, discussion, arguing -- hell raging...

i don't comment on books i haven't read and i have no plans on reading this 'event' until it appears in trade -- if then...but it strikes from what i've read so far, here and elsewhere, all this is -- literally -- IS AN EVENT...

if mavel wanted a slugfest for the next several months, hey that fine...there are those out there who will buy this 'event' for just that...but i feel this could have/would have been a masterpiece of major proportions...the phoenix ain't the centerpiece of this story (somebody correct me if i'm wrong) it's just the catalyst -- excuse -- for having marvel's two premiere teams duke it out...

okay that's fine -- but where is the character dynamics in all this, some of you have mentioned this...and where is the backstories...

maybe they'll come later...but i doubt it...

i think i might be saving my money...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

i would say that's a good choice.

I posted this in the Uncanny X-Men 11 thread but received no answer:

From my question to Kieron Gillen on Formspring:

KieronGillen

Is there a significance why Scott Summers' signature appears in the first letter to humanity in issue 1 but issue 11 has Cyclops written.

"Signing one with his human name and one with his mutant name is certainly something to note."

Now while I can appreciate the letter itself as a sound tactical move on Cyke's part to attempt to hurt the Avengers reputation so as not face backlash for being involved in this kind of fight; and assume the above example is just part of the P.R battlefront talk, I think Avengers Vs. X-Men should have been kept as a fight between the two teams only. The Avengers are not mentioned by name, the letter refers to them as agents of the US government. This declaration of war against the United States is something new Uncanny has bought to the table. Instead a case can and should be made that the current extinction that mutantkind faces is the direct result of the actions on an Avenger. Issue 1 of AvX has Cyke saying it wasn't natural what happened to mutantkind, House of M had two alternate unnatural timelines, they just happened to stick with the second one. This means a major reality (manipulating) shift is owed to the X-Men and since the Scarlet Witch can't oblige the Phoenix has to be it ("Power. True Power", again from AvX 1). This is why in my opinion Cyke has had such a wild character arc these last few years, he is on some level been fighting this unnatural reality which everyone has come to accept as the norm hence all this out of character accusations and other name calling like fanatic and dictator (having read ALL the pages of this thread I use the word nervously). Anyway this is just my long round about way of saying: Cyclops' declaration of war should be against the Avengers and them alone.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    You didn't actually read the issue i take it?

Iron Man wasn't wearing a metal suit, they explained that in the issue itself. Iron Man thinks 10 moves ahead, so of course he'd be prepared for Magneto.
    LOL, 10 moves ahead. Hey, master of magnetism, maybe my metal suit isn't such a great idea. That's 15 steps ahead!