Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default biggest loss to the dcnu

This question popped into my head while watching absolute justice. And the jlu episode legends.

What do you guys think is the biggest loss to the universe. I personally think.its the abseence of the jsa on the main earth I will miss the old guys still teaching the jla/ titans a thing or too
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

Looks like you're a glass half-empty kind of guy. What about what you think is the biggest gain is?
    I think that the accusation of Vertigo and Wildstorm were the biggest gains.

To answer the OP's question. I'd say the loss of the New Teen Titans history. Thats really the biggest thing for me. Really loved those stories and characters. I don't think the JSA is a big loss all in all to future stories.

Aside from losing some histories of certain New Teen Titans members there are like 2 characters I wish were handled differently in the relaunch. That's about ti for me.

BANNED

Boob Window

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    To answer the OP's question. I'd say the loss of the New Teen Titans history. Thats really the biggest thing for me. Really loved those stories and characters. I don't think the JSA is a big loss all in all to future stories.

Aside from losing some histories of certain New Teen Titans members there are like 2 characters I wish were handled differently in the relaunch. That's about ti for me.
    I was thinking about that too but in reality its not such a big lost concidering that NTT was 20 years ago and on the recent years the titans franchice has been worst than ever
    not only to mention that some of that will somehow stick in DCnU

I think the biggest lost on the DCnU has been having so many missing chances like the chance to bring Mr Terrific, Static, Green Arrow and others back to the spotlight only to miserably fail at it

on context on what is the biggest lost due a retcon
    i would say Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Boob Window
    Lol!
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 03-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Wally West is by far the biggest loss for me. But also Booster Gold being an amazing character. It's a shame 52 and his second series seems to be erased. I'm crossing my fingers that Ted Kord and Vic Sage still existed in their roles, even if they stay dead, I'd be fine with them just staying canon.
    My name is StoopKidLivesOn. I'm the fastest man alive.

Check out my blog, I review comics and other stuff: http://thekidsstoop.tumblr.com/

I hate beating a dead horse, while possibly opening a can of worms at the same time, but I'm still going to say it. I think the removal of Wally West is the biggest loss. I think Barry's return is fine and DC has managed to handle it relatively well, but to see a character who survived so long and managed to fill a legacy role so effectively simply get the shaft in the reboot is endlessly disappointing to me.

To answer Doordoor123's question which I think has equal merit. I'd say the energy in the superman line has been one of the great gains, and what's been done to Supergirl has moved her into being one of my favorite characters month to month.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    Looks like you're a glass half-empty kind of guy. What about what you think is the biggest gain is?
    I think that the accusation of Vertigo and Wildstorm were the biggest gains.
    I can agree with this its nice to have everything under one roof but I still belive the lack of a jsa is bad.
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

just to complement, i think the biggest gain is the entire Dark Line of DC
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    I was thinking about that too but in reality its not such a big lost concidering that NTT was 20 years ago and on the recent years the titans franchice has been worst than ever
    not only to mention that some of that will somehow stick in DCnU

I think the biggest lost on the DCnU has been having so many missing chances like the chance to bring Mr Terrific, Static, Green Arrow and others back to the spotlight only to miserably fail at it

on context on what is the biggest lost due a retcon
    i would say Oracle

Lol!
    Yeah thats more a personal lost. The characters are being used in no and productive ways. The only character who seems ot be really effected by the NTT loss is Nightwing in my opinion. He's seemingly lost a lot of his depth and connections to the hero community. And seems to be right bach where he was pre-Final Crisis, but without all those long standing friendships and connections.

I think Static is still very salvagaeable. It just takes some time. He suffered from a really bad run, but thankfully they didn't redo his origin and stick him with an awful one. Now it won't be easy, and I worry DC will give up on him.

Mr. Terrific is a bigger problem in my mind. The damage control on that character will have to be extensive. Pandorra just needs to show up and unboot him.

Green Arrow is in decent shape. I've always found modern day archer heroes a little weak personally. I mean we've got all these far more advanced weapons that would be way more effective. Just give him guns. Say they are trick bullets if you want.

Boob Window
    This OMG This!!!!!

Oh how I miss you Boob Window

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1148567-supergirlfill_super.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	89291

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    just to complement, i think the biggest gain is the entire Dark Line of DC
    I do think the 52 has several strong titles.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Boob Window
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

That gif is awesome. I'd say the loss of the old Batfamily. Its not the same anymore, and it used to be epic. And my favourite got put in limbo. Oh well, my second favourite got a great book, building his character.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by RohanRiderX View Post
    This question popped into my head while watching absolute justice. And the jlu episode legends.

What do you guys think is the biggest loss to the universe. I personally think.its the abseence of the jsa on the main earth I will miss the old guys still teaching the jla/ titans a thing or too
    Well, even in the Legends episode, the JSA lived on another Earth. That's how it was for decades until DC brought them to the main Earth. Even then, they were trapped in Limbo fighting off the Ragnarok for years. I kinda like that they're back on an Earth of their own, where they guide future generations of heroes, including their children.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Am I the only one who thinks it is a bit rude to answer a thread with a question as to why the poster is asking the question or not including another question that is 180-degrees from the one asked? There are a gaggle of threads in the forums asking for pros and cons. Respect the original thread poster, guys and at least answer the actual question.

My own is that I miss Wally West the most by far and away. However, I grieve with others who have also been disenfranchised with the reboot/launch. Its not the one loss...each loss posted hurts. I'll add that I also miss Superman's previous long history with his parents and Lois. I also miss that they have yet to bring back Ted or Ralph. There's so darn much that I miss that it's become impossible to see the good parts of the renovations without noticing the marks on the carpet from the missing furniture...so to speak. I can't view Teen Titans without thinking about Wally and Raven. I can't look at Barry without remembering Wally, Max, Jay, The Quicks.

For me the relaunch is a pretty papered shadow of what I once had.

And....

Can't believe I'm saying this but.... yeah, am sort of missing the 'boob window' too. Never particularly cared one way or the other before, but now that its gone its just...wrong somehow. Like having them covered up is likely to cause the contained heat from those monsters to ignite her suit and create another (more singed edged) window anyway. jk

Boob Window
    Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/d3ath31ng/1323906113715.gif
    Lol, i love you guys!

For me, it's been this: