Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Jim Lee's "Earth 2" Wonder Woman Sketch Revealed

Hot on the heels of this week's Earth 2 Batman and Robin design sketches, DC Comics today released Jim Lee's concept art for Wonder Woman while series writer James Robinson fills fans in on her back story.

Full article here.

Lolz. He finally got her in that skirt he's always wanted. Ah... Jim.

"ue the events that open the saga of EARTH 2, Wonder Woman is already the last Amazon of this world and she is determined to avenge her sisters…at whatever cost,” said EARTH 2 writer James Robinson.
    Earth2: Even more 90's than DCnU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Earth2: Even more 90's than DCnU.
    This "90s" slam is used so often, and yet is so devoid of meaning. Anyways... one thing that's apparent from these redesigns is that Jim Lee loves big boots and kneepads with logos.
    "I find myself in the service of lost boys struggling to be strong men." - Robin: Year One

I love it!
    Top10 DCnU Titles:
    Week 1: Animal Man, Swamp Thing
    Week 2: Demon Knights
    Week 3: Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Catwoman
    Week 4: Aquaman, Flash, All Star Western

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFan1973 View Post
    This "90s" slam is used so often, and yet is so devoid of meaning. Anyways... one thing that's apparent from these redesigns is that Jim Lee loves big boots and kneepads with logos.
    Oh there is a meaning to it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFan1973 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing, cos I hear people bitching about Justice League costume looking 90s and I was thinking, good god, which part of it is 90s?
    I don't see pouches or oversized guns or stuff like that. The only thing is that there is a collar, and chinese collars aren't 90s, they're used more now than in the 90s.
    Then I saw people bitching about Ravegers tron outfit calling it 90s. And same thing, have no idea which part of it is 90s.
    Those tron costumes can be seen on Spiderman as well, but no one is calling him 90s. So, I think people are just calling everything 90s when they don't like something.

Is she part cyborg with that arm?

It's a bit busy.

I hate that thing around her head.

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing, cos I hear people bitching about Justice League costume looking 90s and I was thinking, good god, which part of it is 90s?
    I don't see pouches or oversized guns or stuff like that. The only thing is that there is a collar, and chinese collars aren't 90s, they're used more now than in the 90s.
    Then I saw people bitching about Ravegers tron outfit calling it 90s. And same thing, have no idea which part of it is 90s.
    Those tron costumes can be seen on Spiderman as well, but no one is calling him 90s. So, I think people are just calling everything 90s when they don't like something.
    Plus 90s was a diverse decade, I mean it's a decade. The early 90s and the late 90s don't have a lot in common, so there's not much way for it to make sense as a slam anyway. Plus, well while sure there were quality issues, overall 90s has just as many excellent comics as any decade, and well personally I'd say more than some decades.

Agreed the use of the 90s thing in this thread didn't really seem to make sense.

I dig this Earth 2 look, pretty Xena-ish. Speaking of the 90s.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 02-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    In this case i was referring to the dark and edgy premise of the E2. "Batman and WW are pissed off and kill people you guys. It's so cool! Revenge, blood and guts!"

Its like i'm really in the 90ies.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Plus 90s was a diverse decade, I mean it's a decade. The early 90s and the late 90s don't have a lot in common, so there's not much way for it to make sense as a slam anyway. Plus, well while sure there were quality issues, overall 90s has just as many excellent comics as any decade, and well personally I'd say more than some decades.

Agreed the use of the 90s thing in this thread didn't really seem to really work.
    Why do you guys need to go all technical and pedantic about it? Cant you just accept that 90ies is a term that now stands for EXTREME, gore, pouches and grimdark stories?

You know we mean that, you know its a popular term, so cant you just get the point and stop being pedantic about it? In this case i meant overly grimdark for no reason and i used the "90ies" term. Get over it. Jeez.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 02-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Well, personally some of us disagreed with your observation and found it, well, lacking in substance. We're all entitled to our opinions. And if being the lone survivor of something and fighting back is 90s, well then the 90s have been around for hundreds of years.

Also, should I point out the dark and grim comics thing happened in the 80s?
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Well, personally some of us disagreed with your observation and found it, well, lacking in substance. We're all entitled to our opinions. And if being the lone survivor of something and fighting back is 90s, well then the 90s have been around for hundreds of years.

Also, should I point out the dark and grim comics thing happened in the 80s?
    It's just a popular term that people use these days. It's much better to get the point and just roll with it. We all know that there were other comics in the 90ies too, but the decade was mostly ruled by grimdark and extreme, pouches, youngblood, azbats, Spawn, and all the other dark and edgy crap.

So when you call something "90ies" you obviously dont mean the good parts of that decade, but the bad parts. The comics that made darkness and violence cool and made money off of it. But it was just a cheap gimmick.

Okay, and this comic has nothing in common with the elements you just listed. Other than I guess maybe the fact that Azbats is violent? And just because the "90s" term as you say is used often, doesn't mean everybody has to think it's a valid idea. Comic bookery discussion.

And it was Frank Miller's Daredevil run in the early 80s that made dark and grim cool.
    DROKK IT!!

Dang. Last of the Amazons means no Fury (unless she's hidden somewhere) and no Earth 2 Trinity of Huntress, Powergirl and Fury. Unless Trevor and Prince have a hidden son and we get a Fury (Wonder Man), Scion of the Amazons.

Which could be awesome too.
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman