Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's almost a direct adaptation because nearly every thing other than that element made it into the movie.
    So just everything except what makes the character likable. Gotta love Hollywood.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    So just everything except what makes the character likable. Gotta love Hollywood.
    He was still plenty likable. Rami's movies, at least the first two, were pretty faithful adaptations, I really don't see how that could be argued otherwise.

How do you guys know the plot for Batman Earth One?

BTW Spider-Man does crack wise in the Raimi movies, not much, but he does. And the movies still captured Peter perfectly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    How do you guys know the plot for Batman Earth One?

BTW Spider-Man does crack wise in the Raimi movies, not much, but he does. And the movies still captured Peter perfectly.
    It was hardly perfectly. Peter never moves on from being this semi-repressed kid. It's why I'm glad they're rebooting the series.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I don't see how a Spider-Man who doesn't crack wise could be considered "almost a direct adaptation".
    If you'd have complained about the organic web shooters or the changes to the villains you'd have a point, but there were plenty of wisecracks. IMO they got his personality spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's almost a direct adaptation because nearly every thing other than that element made it into the movie.
    Changing the bridge scene was a pretty big departute from the comics.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "