Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Default AvX #1 advanced orders discussion

According to Bleeding Cool, advanced orders for Avengers vs X-men will hit 200,000 copies this weekend.

It seems Marvel's mega push just might pay when it's all said and done.

BANNED

Well, I hope they buy Avengers Academy tie ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    If the tie in for that title is as good as the Fear Itself tie ins everyone should buy it.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

As much as people complain (justifiably) about there being too many events and the cost of the tie-ins, they can and DO generate sales spikes for struggling books that tie into it. Events are a way companies try to help the books struggling to stay out of the red.

And we still have a month to go before it come out. Lets just hope the story is good which i believe it will because unlike Fear Itself AVX deal with a lot of story lines from the pass 8 or 9 years which look to becoming to a head.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

BANNED

Sales on issue one won't gauge popularity as Marvel have muddied the waters with some extreme incentives.

I'm more interested on what sales on say #5 will look like and to see what affect if any these incentives and aggressive marketing campaign have had if any.

I'm not going to do what people did with DC and keep saying see what #3 is selling, see what #6 is selling, see what#12 is selling.

I think #5 is a good enough point for that retailers to have adjusted their orders to meet demand.

I am hoping that it does give a shot in the arm to Avengers Accademy which needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Sales on issue one won't gauge popularity as Marvel have muddied the waters with some extreme incentives.

I'm more interested on what sales on say #5 will look like and to see what affect if any these incentives and aggressive marketing campaign have had if any.

I'm not going to do what people did with DC and keep saying see what #3 is selling, see what #6 is selling, see what#12 is selling.

I think #5 is a good enough point for that retailers to have adjusted their orders to meet demand.

I am hoping that it does give a shot in the arm to Avengers Accademy which needs it.
    Events pretty much always sell well though. It's a given that sales will drop after the first issue.

But if Fear Itself can stay at (or at least close to) the top of the characters, then I don't see why AvX won't be able to. Granted it's a longer series so they would have to be able to sustain that for more issues.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

That's great to hear. No matter what company or what book. It's always good to here when comics are doing this well.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    That's great to hear. No matter what company or what book. It's always good to here when comics are doing this well.
    The interesting thing that the new DC 52 thing proved is that if one companies hits it big they all tend to do a bit better.

Marvel books were selling better too afterwards, even if DC took the lead. If you can get people in the stores, odds are you'll get a few people that'll buy other stuff regardless of who makes it. So much focus is on who is "winning" between marvel and DC that people overlook the more important issue that BOTH companies (and the industry as a whole) is starting to show some signs of improvement.

This event is basically catnip for Marvel readers, Avengers AND X-Men, punching each other for the first half and then uniting for the second ( two events in one!), phoenix, ALL the big writers so you can't say " it's fraction so i'll skip it", and several big artists. And then incentives for retailers to order lots of copies ;P

I'm kind of excited/interested, but knowing that most events are disappointing and this one being 12 issues...i expect it to be really slow and boring with any semblance of a good story lost due to greed.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The interesting thing that the new DC 52 thing proved is that if one companies hits it big they all tend to do a bit better.

Marvel books were selling better too afterwards, even if DC took the lead. If you can get people in the stores, odds are you'll get a few people that'll buy other stuff regardless of who makes it. So much focus is on who is "winning" between marvel and DC that people overlook the more important issue that BOTH companies (and the industry as a whole) is starting to show some signs of improvement.
    These pushes are probably coming at just the right time, as well. With the NA economy picking up and unemployment coming down, there's going to be more disposable income for people. Big events like this and the New52 remind people who may have taken a break that there's still stuff going on in comics that might interest them. Seems all for the best, if you ask me.
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    These pushes are probably coming at just the right time, as well. With the NA economy picking up and unemployment coming down, there's going to be more disposable income for people. Big events like this and the New52 remind people who may have taken a break that there's still stuff going on in comics that might interest them. Seems all for the best, if you ask me.
    Quote for the truth.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

BANNED

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-slug-15786076

Yeah, they're trying REALLY hard to hype this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-slug-15786076

Yeah, they're trying REALLY hard to hype this.
    Good. It's getting the word out to avenues other than comic book sites that comics need to do.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

BANNED

Which is pretty cool.
    I just hope it doesn't make them buy the big name books and that's it.