Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

welll this is going to take a day to get use to but as long as all the malware is gone I'm cool with it.

Seems pretty much the same just some minor changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I notice that I can no longer tell which threads I have read and which are unread.
    Oh yeah, that is confusing.

Also, i used to click the quote button with the wheel of my mouse and it would open a new tab with the post i wanted in quotes. Now i need to left click on the quote button, and then go to the bottom of the page and press "reply to thread" to find the quoted post and reply.

Perhaps there's an easier way. However i really liked replying on another tab so that i could switch back and forth between tabs and check the thread, add another post in quotes, etc.

If i click on "reply with quote", will that message go at the end of the thread, or right under the message i'm quoting?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Welcome to the New 52 CBR.

Where's my Jim Lee-redesigned costume?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    The comic book industry/medium is paradoxically the most fragile and most resilient thing in the world. Its noisiest critics insist every day that every cough, sputter, or dirty look threatens to destroy it, but it has survived every prediction of its demise for nearly eight decades.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    my favourite new feature

Liking this a lot, ability to use alternate colour schemes would be nice too.
    And now SuperE is complete.....yeeeessss....
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

One thing that I couldn't find was how to search by forum in the advance search section. I could be missing it, but could someone give me a hand?
    Calling All Writers!
    Join the fledgling Ultimate DC Unified Fanfiction Community
    Ultimate DC Universe
    Tons of Titles still available!

The new look will take some getting used to, but it will be fine once you get the yellow theme back.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I notice that I can no longer tell which threads I have read and which are unread.
    Look at the envelope icons next to each thread. If the envelope is closed, it's read. If there are papers sticking out, it's unread.

It's a bad UI choice, but the information is there.
    Expletive Deleted

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Oh yeah, that is confusing.

Also, i used to click the quote button with the wheel of my mouse and it would open a new tab with the post i wanted in quotes. Now i need to left click on the quote button, and then go to the bottom of the page and press "reply to thread" to find the quoted post and reply.

Perhaps there's an easier way. However i really liked replying on another tab so that i could switch back and forth between tabs and check the thread, add another post in quotes, etc.

If i click on "reply with quote", will that message go at the end of the thread, or right under the message i'm quoting?
    I never did the "click with mouse wheel" before, but I did to get this replay. I clicked reply with quote. It opened this in a new tab, rather than the same tab. A left click opened in the same tab. reply's go at end. I have not seen threading yet.

The reply function is very clunky, folks.

First off, the quick reply window is MUCH smaller than it used to be, which makes posting thoughtful replies inconvenient.

Secondly, the buttons are not intuitive at all. After completing a post, I keep wanting to go to the largest button "Reply to this thread" which ends up clearing out your post entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    The reply function is very clunky, folks.

First off, the quick reply window is MUCH smaller than it used to be, which makes posting thoughtful replies inconvenient.

Secondly, the buttons are not intuitive at all. After completing a post, I keep wanting to go to the largest button "Reply to this thread" which ends up clearing out your post entirely!
    It seems like they are continually changing things... or things have taken awhile to catch up. This is the first time I saw a 'Quick Reply', one that didn't either open a new page, or if wheel-clicked opened in a new tab. there is a bigger area if you open in a new tab.
    I think it will just have to take some getting used to.

Also, what's up with posting images? They seem like thumbnails that you have to click on now

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Look at the envelope icons next to each thread. If the envelope is closed, it's read. If there are papers sticking out, it's unread.
    Actually, I'm seeing the open envelope on a few threads I'm positive I have never visited, and also on threads I know have been posted in since last time I checked them.

Also, what's the difference between red envelopes and blue envelopes?

It's a bad UI choice,
    That's putting it lightly. I used to be able to instantly know if a thread had new posts just by looking at the title. Now I apparently have to check every thread according to some weird envelope-based sempahore system. o_O
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Actually, I'm seeing the open envelope on a few threads I'm positive I have never visited, and also on threads I know have been posted in since last time I checked them.

Also, what's the difference between red envelopes and blue envelopes?

That's putting it lightly. I used to be able to instantly know if a thread had new posts just by looking at the title. Now I apparently have to check every thread according to some weird envelope-based sempahore system. o_O
    Well if haven't visited the thread, then you haven't read it, therefore an open envelope.
    If you posted there will be a green symbol indicating it.
    red envelopes mean the topic is hot ( I guess a certain number of posts make it hot). blue is normal. There is a key at the bottom of a forum page explaining this.
    I think the envelope and red and blue symbols have always been there. We are just used to seeing bolded text in the title.

okay I'm not liking the new search function having a hard time trying to find some older threads

I figured out the same thing, and it seems to apply for the most part... but when I checked out a couple of threads on Rumbles, there was one thread with 5 posts that was 'hot', and another with 5 posts that was not. And it didn't appear as though the thread that was hotter had less time between the posts when compared to the 'cold' thread.

Overall, I'm pleased with the new layout. Took all of 10 minutes to get used to it, and maybe we're not done yet, but I welcome the change.