Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I don't know if this is because I am logging in for the first time since the upgrade, but the threads with new posts since my last visit aren't sorted at the top of the list like they used to. I'll second the request for the bolding of threads with unread messages. Also, if there is a 'go to last unread post' button, I can't find it. And that's a pretty important button for some of the very big threads.

Veteran Member

Is the search function working properly? When I tried clicking on another member's ''latest posts'', it took me back to messages he had posted in 2007 and 2006 rather than the messages posted this week. I only noticed it in this one instance, though.

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina_Fried View Post
    I don't know if this is because I am logging in for the first time since the upgrade, but the threads with new posts since my last visit aren't sorted at the top of the list like they used to. I'll second the request for the bolding of threads with unread messages. Also, if there is a 'go to last unread post' button, I can't find it. And that's a pretty important button for some of the very big threads.
    The ones with unread messages are at the top for me. Except for stickies they are the ones with open envelopes...
    as for 'go to last unread post' it is the tiny dark blue circle with two down arrows, right before the title of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    my favourite new feature

Liking this a lot, ability to use alternate colour schemes would be nice too.
    a big black box?

oh i see in the quote its a youtube video... all I am seeing is a big black box....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    It's great! I love all the new features, although it will take some getting used to.
    It's also nice that we can post Youtube videos!

1) Is there a way to spoiler things? You know, blacking out the text and all.
    2) When i look at the main page, there is a letter image next to each thread. Sometimes its red, and others its grey. What does each colour mean?

Thanks a lot!
    There is an Icon Legend at the bottom of the page.
    red means its a "hot" topic...whatever that really means.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    1) Is there a way to spoiler things? You know, blacking out the text and all.
    Yep.

Put <SPOIL> and </SPOIL> tags around your text, replacing < and > with [ and ].

spoilers:
    Works like a charm.
    end of spoilers
    Expletive Deleted

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

I'm rather used to this formatting now as its being used on other forums I frequent, so no complaints about the general aesthetics of the place. I think at the moment, my only gripe would be the bold letters on threads that you've read the latest post on (I'm kind of used to them becoming "un"-bold[ed] after you leave the thread or refresh the subforum page).
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by deathcry View Post
    There is an Icon Legend at the bottom of the page.
    red means its a "hot" topic...whatever that really means.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Yep.

Put <SPOIL> and </SPOIL> tags around your text, replacing < and > with [ and ].

spoilers:
    Works like a charm.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks a lot guys!

I want the yellow theme back. Too much white is hurting my eyes. How do I change it back?
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

Veteran Member

Has ''What's Going On?'' been disabled or is there a glitch of some sort? It doesn't seem to work, although it does show which members are presently on the forums.

can we have more smileys

The white background with the red letters (main boards) are kinda hard on the eyes yeah. Maybe if they make the white a little darker. Milky white or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Is the search function working properly? When I tried clicking on another member's ''latest posts'', it took me back to messages he had posted in 2007 and 2006 rather than the messages posted this week. I only noticed it in this one instance, though.
    The search index is rebuilding and takes a very long time, but that said we're about 2/3rds the way through every message on these forums. Should be done by tonight, Pacific time.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

I notice that I can no longer tell which threads I have read and which are unread.

Also, while some of the features seem nifty, this UI is generally terrible aestetically speaking. I really hope this look is just temporary.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

First, I used to be able to go to a profile and do a one click search of all threads started by the Poster. Now it seems that feature is gone. I used to find it useful.

Next, the navigation is going to take some getting used to, especially when accessing the site from my smart phone.

Third, the controls for posting and editing should stand out more. I nearly lost this post because I couldn't find the submit button/link.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe