Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

I went through the entire thread and see I'm not alone in wondering about posting pics.

We're limited to 3 per post, which is fine, but when I post, the pics are teeny tiny, but other posters are getting good size like we used to have.

What am I doing wrong ? Thx
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    I went through the entire thread and see I'm not alone in wondering about posting pics.

We're limited to 3 per post, which is fine, but when I post, the pics are teeny tiny, but other posters are getting good size like we used to have.

What am I doing wrong ? Thx
    There are a couple ways of posting pictures.

One is from a url which has no real image limit.
    The other is to attach the image from your computer which does have an image limit of 620x280. Plus the system makes thumbnails if more than one image is attached.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

On a poster's profile page, the names of the last 10 visitors are all in white. Is that intentional?
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    On a poster's profile page, the names of the last 10 visitors are all in white. Is that intentional?
    Nope. It is a thing that is on the to do to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    There are a couple ways of posting pictures.

One is from a url which has no real image limit.
    The other is to attach the image from your computer which does have an image limit of 620x280. Plus the system makes thumbnails if more than one image is attached.
    Ok, that helps, but, there's a lot I've tried posting from url's but it says something about the format not being correct, and most of them are jpg and still not working.

Wow. Ok, it worked now. I had always had the "retrieve locally" box checked, until now, and it worked.
    Last edited by hondobrode; 03-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.

For url's you have to make sure they are image links and not just to a page containing an image.
    Also you have the option of hotlikng or attaching (Retrieve remote file and reference locally box checked) the image.

Example

Hotlinked

Attached
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prv11881_cov.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	90759

Here is what the code looks like with [] replaced with {}

Hotlinked
    {IMG}http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/70f69fbi11881/prv11881_cov.jpg{/IMG}

Attached
    {ATTACH=CONFIG}90759{/ATTACH}

Thanks Brandon !

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Once sad aspect of the forum upgrade is the fucked up thread search function now. Its the hardest thing to search threads now. I have tried and just gave up due to how weird it is. The older system was easier to navigate and make it work. The system now is a mess and needs fixed.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

When i post a new post, i often edit it right away. I usually spot a spelling mistake or want to phrase a thought differently or whatever and it always occurs to me after i've posted. Anyway, when i press "edit" sometimes i can edit the post right away, and others i'm taken to a different page where i can edit the post. Its like "quick post" vs "go advanced". What's the deal here? I'd rather quick edit my post and "go advanced" only if i choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    When i post a new post, i often edit it right away. I usually spot a spelling mistake or want to phrase a thought differently or whatever and it always occurs to me after i've posted. Anyway, when i press "edit" sometimes i can edit the post right away, and others i'm taken to a different page where i can edit the post. Its like "quick post" vs "go advanced". What's the deal here? I'd rather quick edit my post and "go advanced" only if i choose to.
    I always get the "quick edit" option. What option do you have set for Message Editor Interface under Settings>General Settings?
    You have three options.

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
    I have mine currently set for Standard Editor.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 04-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

I always get the "quick edit" option. What option do you have set for Message Editor Interface under Settings>General Settings?
    You have three options.
    The new edit page opens if the thread page hasn't been refreshed since you posted your quick reply. As long as the page has been refreshed, it gives you the in-page quick edit option.

Is this the place to comment on the updated forum?

I would have mainly but one minor gripe, being how in a single or either bottom line, the letter G sometimes seems to get eaten up into looking like a Q, because of the lower end not showing up,
    like so: g ("Gee") or q ("Queue"). EDIT: this time it isn't happening for some reason...?!
    Last edited by Kees_L; 04-14-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: as specified.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Is it possible to change the color of the thread from blue to red like we could do in the old forum? Also a Like button would be welcome.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

You have three options.

I have mine currently set for Standard Editor.
    I have the same.

Some minor fixes/changes were made to the CBR Forums today:

-- All threads with new posts in them that you haven't read since your last now are in bold to help guide your eye a bit better.

-- The members pages had some bad CSS so we've cleaned those up.

-- The footer had some weird formatting, which has been fixed.

Minor adjustments, but attention to detail goes a long way!
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -