Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

How come i can't get to my former posts when I click "view forum posts?"
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    I'm rather used to this formatting now as its being used on other forums I frequent, so no complaints about the general aesthetics of the place. I think at the moment, my only gripe would be the bold letters on threads that you've read the latest post on (I'm kind of used to them becoming "un"-bold[ed] after you leave the thread or refresh the subforum page).
    That's why i dont like it, it makes CBR look generic.
    The Old CBR had style. When you came to the site you knew you were at CBR.

By the way, could get rid of the "TOP" button at the bottom of the thread and turn it into a button that navigates back to the forum the thread is in? Cause i really dont see the point of having to hit two buttons (top then forum) just to go back to the section i was looking at. I have enough buttons on my keyboard and mouse that let me travel back up to the top if i want.

Oh here is another one, the reply button just below each post and the big "Reply to Thread" button both take you to the quick reply option and you need to press another button to go to advanced reply. You should have the big "Reply to Thread" button take you to advanced reply since the reply button at the bottom of posts already take you to quick reply. Because then there is really no point in having that big button all the way at the bottom. And i believe this is how you had it originally here.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 02-25-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: common sense

Sing while you may

Quote Originally Posted by deathcry View Post
    Well if haven't visited the thread, then you haven't read it, therefore an open envelope.
    If you posted there will be a green symbol indicating it.
    red envelopes mean the topic is hot ( I guess a certain number of posts make it hot). blue is normal. There is a key at the bottom of a forum page explaining this.
    I think the envelope and red and blue symbols have always been there. We are just used to seeing bolded text in the title.
    Yeah, the envelopes were there before, though I think they looked differently. Funny enough, I can't even recall how they used to work, because I never ever looked at them to take in the information they imparted. They were just a graphical enhancement to me. I recognized fresh posts by bold thread titles, and when I check a forum, I'm skimming all the threads on top anyway and memory tells me which ones I posted on before. And really, who cares when a thread is considered 'hot'?

In conclusion, I'd really like to have the boldness back.

I used to click on usercp and it would show my subscribed threads with new posts. It seems like the only way to do that now is to go to the subscriptions page. I preferred the old system because I don't need to see all my subscribed threads when they don't have new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    I used to click on usercp and it would show my subscribed threads with new posts. It seems like the only way to do that now is to go to the subscriptions page. I preferred the old system because I don't need to see all my subscribed threads when they don't have new posts.
    That's the way it's working for me, don't know why it isn't for you.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Well I don't seem to have a usercp link anymore. I have links to my profile page, settings, notifications, etc. but no usercp that I can see. Maybe I'm just missing it in all the newness.

It's really killing me that I can't find my most recent posts in threads just by pressing a button!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It's really killing me that I can't find my most recent posts in threads just by pressing a button!
    Click on your name, and then on "View Forum Posts".
    Conn Seanery

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Actually it seems like clicking on settings does what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Click on your name, and then on "View Forum Posts".
    Now, it's only showing the ones I've done since the forums were upgraded. None from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Actually it seems like clicking on settings does what I am looking for.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe that's the UserCP but it's mislabeled.
    Conn Seanery

This upgrade is murder on the eyes.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Search is way futzed. I tried finding a post of mine from yesterday, and it skips from July 2008 to today.

Otherwise, I don't hate it any more than I hate site design changes in general. We were overdue.

I appreciated that the font color problem has been solved.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Jonah addressed the search issues earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    The search index is rebuilding and takes a very long time, but that said we're about 2/3rds the way through every message on these forums. Should be done by tonight, Pacific time.