Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default CBR Forums Upgrade - 2/25/12

Got any questions or comments about the upgrade? Post them here.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

Are we getting the alternate themes back? I really associate the yellow one with CBR now, almost as much as I did the PB&J balloons.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

We'll look into it but there are a lot of other cool new toys the Admins want to play with first...
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

That being said ... what we'd like the community to do is to test the new version of the forums.
    Test them out. Take note of the changes you like, the changes you don't like. Find bugs and errors if you can. We're keen to hear your thoughts and feedback!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Wow, this is nice...

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

I like it, but it all looks a little to bubblely if you know what I mean. Other then that it will take some getting use too, but its cool! I got to have a look around when I get up to see where everything is.

Edit:
    Are our avatars the same size as before? Or did they get smaller? I could just be going crazy lol.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Glad I could log in finally. It was worth the wait, Thank you

BANNED

I like it. You've done the smart thing by not making it too different from the old one, since people (myself included) tend to be averse to change.

I don't like it, but I guess I can tolerate it if we get the themes back.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

BANNED

I'm guessing it's the same program as the Bleeding Cool forum? I like it. Better than the old one.

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

I just wanted to comment on the quick navigation buttons on the bottom..
    using Chrome
    when I am reading a thread and click on the Forum name button...lets say "CBR Forums Q&A & Announcements", it takes me to the Top of the thread I am reading. (the button next to it), rather than back out to the list of threads. Clicking Top does nothing. I do notice that hovering over either button brings up the list...so maybe this is intentional?
    Seems odd default behavior...I'd personally rather go out or have an easy way to get out when at the bottom of a page.
    The quick navigation menu takes a little bit to get used to as it doesn't want to stay open, but moving mouse slowly helps.

Any chance, the Mobile Style will be introduced for easier mobile browsing? (I know you just did the upgrade :))

my favourite new feature

Liking this a lot, ability to use alternate colour schemes would be nice too.

Sing while you may

It's probably part of the theme I used to use, but I really miss the bolded text for threads with unread responses. Otherwise, everything seems fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    It's probably part of the theme I used to use, but I really miss the bolded text for threads with unread responses. Otherwise, everything seems fine so far.
    I didn't realise that was missing. It was really useful.

It's great! I love all the new features, although it will take some getting used to.
    It's also nice that we can post Youtube videos!

1) Is there a way to spoiler things? You know, blacking out the text and all.
    2) When i look at the main page, there is a letter image next to each thread. Sometimes its red, and others its grey. What does each colour mean?

Thanks a lot!