Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "CLiNT" Campaigns For Relaunch

In advance of its May relaunch, Mark Millar's comics magazine "CLiNT" goes political with a new promotional video just ahead of a week of CBR interviews covering everything from "Supercrooks" to "Rex Royd."

Full article here.

Pathetic. Shall we expect another relaunch in less than twelve months? CLiNT is a childish piece of crap that reflects it's developer perfectly, and doesn't have nearly the staying power of a 2000AD or a Judge Dredd Megazine.

It's self-indulgent tripe, and Millar doesn't even offer up any truly new or exclusive material of his own which would surely be the biggest draw. Kickass 2 was being printed at exactly the same time in comic format as it was being serialised in CLiNT, and the same will happen with Supercrooks. Millar just needs to stick to comics, because CLiNT is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    Pathetic. Shall we expect another relaunch in less than twelve months? CLiNT is a childish piece of crap that reflects it's developer perfectly, and doesn't have nearly the staying power of a 2000AD or a Judge Dredd Megazine.

It's self-indulgent tripe, and Millar doesn't even offer up any truly new or exclusive material of his own which would surely be the biggest draw. Kickass 2 was being printed at exactly the same time in comic format as it was being serialised in CLiNT, and the same will happen with Supercrooks. Millar just needs to stick to comics, because CLiNT is a waste of time.
    Yeah. I was willing to check it out to support a new British comic magazine, but it made it pretty clear right from issue one that it was going to be full of immature crap, wasn't interested in showcasing new talent, and really, really didn't want me as a female reader. I'll stick to 2000AD, thanks.

Sales are that low huh? Not surprised, CLiNT is an awful magazine.

Tried a couple of issues but pretty lame, must be some interest in it though if he's willing to splash out on a relaunch.

ah ha love Millar. One thing he should have done is change the name of his mag. nobody knows what a Clint is supposed to be.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

CLiNT is a play on words. I may subscribe to 2.0 has its cheaper then actually buying all four of those comics separately.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    CLiNT is a play on words. I may subscribe to 2.0 has its cheaper then actually buying all four of those comics separately.
    It might be a play on letters, but it's still damn childish and shows the exact demographic Millar is trying to appeal to.