Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 164
  1. #1
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Avengers Academy #26 *Spoilers*

    Just got my issue 26!

    Good issue! But man, that letter in the back. It went up on my facebook as the picture of modern homophobia.

    Gage handled that very well and responded much more politely that I am afraid that I would.

  2. #2
    Junior Member The Shogun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    344

    Default

    That letter at the end, people like that piss me off.

  3. #3
    Chaotically Neutral Specimen 297's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    Post it here?

    (i like how not a single thing about the actually story has been mentioned so far)
    I'd just like everyone to know that not only am I dropping Marvel, I'm dropping this forum considering I'm not even allowed to voice a negative opinion because a thread "isn't about me".

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    Post? Please.

  5. #5
    Junior Member The Shogun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Heres the letter. As for the issue, it was great. Really liked this issue. That speech


  6. #6
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    The letter is the most shocking part for a number of reasons. But it WAS a good issue.

    I have shared the letter on The "Its Okay to be takei" facebook page =)

  7. #7
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Lol a friend of mine who I have been trying to get in AA for a while now decided to pick up the trades after reading the hatefilled letter.

    So looks like you got your 'progressive' (read not homophobic) fill in reader Mr. Gage!

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Well said Mr. Gage!

    I always find it odd that people associate homosexuality to political. Does being black make you political?

  9. #9
    Senior Member baltiroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    The letter page is a fantastic example of the inherent double standard applied to hetero/homosexual relationships. I am really proud of the articulated response Gage provided and hopefully this might open some people's eyes to their own difficulty.

    Oh, and I liked the issue. Very interesting reveal at the end.
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

    www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

    www.peopleyouknow.tv

  10. #10
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well said!

    I always find it odd that people associate homosexuality to political. Does being black make you political?
    I've always viewed my heterosexuality as a political message.Go American Communist party!

    Hey why the boos?

  11. #11
    Wol with it. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Gage 4 President.

    Or come up here and become Prime Minister. Please.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

  12. #12
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Good issue but I'm really glad that storyline is over, at least for now. And we're down two Academy members but they didn't really do much so I think their defection had no real impact.

    I am interested to see where we go from here with the Initiative kids. I have a feeling there's something more to Jeremy than we're being lead to believe.

  13. #13
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    My facebook page "I am Robert Hale of bakersfield california" has a public photo of the letter, with highlighted sections like the "Its like giving little orphan annie AIDS" comment. Feel free to take it and SHARE it.

    I uploaded it to George Takei and several similar pages already.

  14. #14
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well said Mr. Gage!

    I always find it odd that people associate homosexuality to political. Does being black make you political?
    You'd be surprised how much it does, which of course is really unfortunate.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  15. #15
    Senior Member PaxHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Lol a friend of mine who I have been trying to get in AA for a while now decided to pick up the trades after reading the hatefilled letter.

    So looks like you got your 'progressive' (read not homophobic) fill in reader Mr. Gage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well said Mr. Gage!

    I always find it odd that people associate homosexuality to political. Does being black make you political?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    The letter is the most shocking part for a number of reasons. But it WAS a good issue.

    I have shared the letter on The "Its Okay to be takei" facebook page =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Good issue but I'm really glad that storyline is over, at least for now. And we're down two Academy members but they didn't really do much so I think their defection had no real impact.

    I am interested to see where we go from here with the Initiative kids. I have a feeling there's something more to Jeremy than we're being lead to believe.
    Looks like this letter is generating more activity than any spoilers for this Issue......

    And speaking of which...let's have some, ok...?!?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •