Hey guys,

I have something of a mystery comic I was hoping someone might happen to know about. But first, I want to say I'm new here-- just signed up in fact-- so forgive me if this is the wrong area to post such things!

Anyways, my brother and I were being nostalgic and talking about old Indie comics, when he dropped this on me:

"Back around '91 I found and bought a couple back issues of some indie title that I think must have dated to the 'black and white boom' of the mid-80s. It was definitely black and white; I feel like the cover may have included red. It's been 20 years since I saw this. It was squirrelly but sort of intriguing... it involved a class of students who had disappeared, then three of them had reappeared with some sort of super powers. One of them had a diagonal stripe of nothingness across the middle of his torso. They didn't behave as heroes or villains from what I remember. Then there were scenes showing the (iirc) teacher of the class and one other student were off somewhere plotting. Strange stuff. Oh also, at least one of the issues incorporated pasted-in art of elf / pixie characters from some forgotten newspaper strip or kid's book. I *think* either this comic, or that old found art was from Kentucky, somehow. "

Hopefully that might ring a few bells for someone out there.