Page 6 of 335 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Outside?
    For a few years, before Charlie arrived, our holidays consisted of going somewhere really hot and lying on a beach for a few days. I took my Gameboy and a stack of books and it was great. One of the latter holidays was when I had a PSP, and the moment the sun shone on it, playing anything on it became an exercise in futility.

So it tended to gather dust until the battery swelled so much it wouldn't sit in the battery slot properly.

Not seen the light of day since.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    I still have a PSP, that I never use, and a whole stack of UMDs, so I am feeling like shame on me to consider the Vita, but in some ways I cannot resist it.
    Way I look a it, I've got a smartphone. That's pretty much what portable gaming is now. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to play games that I'd rather play on a full TV setup.
    Broke down laughing and screaming for more/If this changed your life, did you have one before?
    sketches - Updated 2/26/2012

Quote Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
    Yeah, no doubt she's already been getting laid again. Possibly since before I ended things.

No need of any further emasculation.
    Sounds like a good decision to skip out on that get-together; That's a mine-field of drama you don't need in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    In a Silent Way by Miles Davis is a great album for calming yourself.
    I love it so very very much.

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    For a few years, before Charlie arrived, our holidays consisted of going somewhere really hot and lying on a beach for a few days. I took my Gameboy and a stack of books and it was great. One of the latter holidays was when I had a PSP, and the moment the sun shone on it, playing anything on it became an exercise in futility.

So it tended to gather dust until the battery swelled so much it wouldn't sit in the battery slot properly.

Not seen the light of day since.
    I think I may have played it while commuting on the train, but mostly in the house before I went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Helix View Post
    Way I look a it, I've got a smartphone. That's pretty much what portable gaming is now. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to play games that I'd rather play on a full TV setup.
    I totally agree with that, but then I think NEW UNCHARTED GAME and my opinion changes.

the new Uncharted game ain't all that....it's basically a touch screen QTE adventure with some shooting mixed in
    Support your local roller derby league

Eh, Uncharted is decent, but I think most of the love those games get is too "OMG IT'S JUST LIKE A MOVIE!" for me. The platforming is so simple it may just be a cutscene, and the shooting has always been floaty and weird.
    Broke down laughing and screaming for more/If this changed your life, did you have one before?

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Heh, just won 800,000 pounds sterling on the Irish Lottery.

You guys, who bought the ticket for me? Was it you, Joe?

Eh, Uncharted is decent, but I think most of the love those games get is too "OMG IT'S JUST LIKE A MOVIE!" for me. The platforming is so simple it may just be a cutscene, and the shooting has always been floaty and weird.
    Yep.

Speaking of weird shooting, there's just no excuse for that at this point.

I figured that would be fixed in the second game.....so what do you all think has the best THIRD person shooting?
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Completely understandable. For what it's worth, I consider it superior to AND more groundbreaking than Bitches Brew.

A Tribute to Jack Johnson is my favorite Davis album.
    I really need to sit down and listen to Jack Johnson for a while. That won't happen for a few years, but it's still a goal.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I love them, but really its because of the outrageous set pieces, I mean shooting guys while climbing around a moving train, at the same time dodging signals is not in every game...

The train level was a high point, but by the end of 2, they clearly had run out of ideas, and just throw you in a bunch of rooms and swarm you with wave after wave of cannon fodder. The cracks really, really show when the game's not wowing you with breathtaking visuals and barely interactive setpieces.

55 today and getting up to 60 by Friday.

I don't rememnber a winter so mild. Or maybe the snow dumps of the past 2 years have skewed my memory. Or maybe I'm old and don't remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I really need to sit down and listen to Jack Johnson for a while. That won't happen for a few years, but it's still a goal.
    It rocks, and it makes a helluva statement.

Ever listen to Live-Evil? That shit is insane.