Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Haha!! I loved last week's issue!! Bart is back, can't wait to see what's coming up next.

Jeff and Bert are a hoot together!!!! <3 <3 <3

Loved Clark's line when he broke the wall of their shared apartment:

"I promise I'll get that put back together as soon as I'm finished dealing with a power-mad physicist over on 11th." XD XD XD XD

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Jeff and Bert are a hoot together!!!!
    Miller writes wonderful background characters. Jeff and Bert are my absolute favorites.

2 Awesome vids with the cast of SMALLVILLE!!!

THIS IS WAR

THIS IS WAR [Team Krypto collab]
    Last edited by TomariS; 12-25-2012 at 07:36 PM.

So I just recently watched the season 4 episode called "Transference" that has Clark and Lionel Luthor switching bodies. I have to say I thought the acting in this episode was quite well done. Especially John Glover..just the doe eyed look on his face he had when he was Clark..it really did sell the whole "that's not really Lionel in there". Even Tom Welling was decent at being Lionel.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

this week's Smallville wins DC's Book of the Week just for the villains. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I meant the title of the book (IE: Smallville season 11).
    Not yet, I'm going to assume we will know when the first chapter of it comes out.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Oh and this weeks chapter is out, wow I've enjoyed this current arc a lot. Not only has the art been amazing but having Bart around again has been fun. And I really love Bart's costume.

For those who want spoilers

spoilers:

Chapter opens with Lex visiting the guy who tried killing him in chapter 1 hoping he can go into his mind. But Tess signals for the guy not to do it.
    The chapter then jumps over to Superman and Impulse in Paris.
    Smallville's version of monsieur mallah and the brain are brought in
    Superman and monsieur do battle while Impulse tries to save the near by people.
    While running around Impulse goes into Hyper Drive and is chased by dark flash.
    Chapter ends with Superman defeating monsieur both he and Impulse save the day.
    end of spoilers

The one thing I've been liking about the Smallville comic is its been bringing in other big DC villains. And just like the heroes they have new updated looks. i also updated names.
    Last edited by atlasjj; 12-29-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

The fluidity and dynamics are mantained.Bart is one character who wants Clark to have fun with his powers.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Just caught up with the last few chapters of Smallville this morning.

The Batman story was fantastic...and the return of Bart is shaping up to be great too.

and to answer a previous poster's question...the ape villain in the latest chapter isn't Gorilla Grodd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsieur_Mallah

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The Batman story was fantastic...
    I thought so too, I liked the idea of Barbara Gordon being Nightwing and Batman wearing face paint like a navy seal. Makes him seem a little more realistic.

I also like the idea of Tess' mind being trapped inside Lex's head. Can't wait to read the rest of Bart's story as well.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    Smallville's version of Grodd is finally introduced.
    That's not Grodd, it's Monsieur Mallah and the Brain. (They even say so when the Brain introduces himself and Mallah on page 14...) Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsieur_Mallah

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    Oh and this weeks chapter is out, wow I've enjoyed this current arc a lot. Not only has the art been amazing but having Bart around again has been fun. And I really love Bart's costume.

For those who want spoilers

spoilers:

Chapter opens with Lex visiting the guy who tried killing him in chapter 1 hoping he can go into his mind. But Tess signals for the guy not to do it.
    The chapter then jumps over to Superman and Impulse in Paris.
    Smallville's version of Grodd is finally introduced.
    Superman and Grodd do battle while Impulse tries to save the near by people.
    While running around Impulse goes into Hyper Drive and is chased by somekind of dark creature (Could be another DC villian but I'm not sure.)
    Chapter ends with Superman defeating Grodd and both he and Impulse saving the day.
    end of spoilers

The one thing I've been liking about the Smallville comic is its been bringing in other big DC villains. And just like the heroes they have new updated looks. This week brought us Grodd finally. Something that I don't think would have ever worked in the live action show. But in the comic it works well. Now I could be wrong that the talking Gorilla is not Grodd in this chapter, but I'm pretty sure it is.
    I'm pretty sure the dark creature was the Black Flash( Flash and the speed force version of the Grim Reaper.) I hope Bart doesn't die in this chapter.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Okay so I updated my post above with the correct character names. Sadly I was mistaken, when it comes to DC villains I only know the really well know ones, or ones that have popped up in Smallville and the DC movies.

And if I am right then this Friday the first spin off chapter comes out.
    Last edited by atlasjj; 12-30-2012 at 09:37 PM.

More good news for SV season 11...

Part of The Best of 2012, at COMIXOLOGY!!!!!!!

Here's hoping to end our very first SV year (on april, 2013) with lots of good vibe and success, and an even better second year.

PS: SV11 #27...Clark and...A MONKEEEEEY!!!!! Clark's so cute!!!!! XD XD XD
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-02-2013 at 06:29 PM.

BANNED

Great issue of Smallville this week. #28 begins a monthly side story focusing on J'Onn and Batman. We see the construction of the Watchtower on the moon beginning and a surprise villain appears in Gotham.

Like last issues' Mallah and the Brain and Mr Freeze in the Detective arc, the comics are opening up to villains that just weren't possible on the TV show's budget. It helps create more of a classic comic book feel than we had on TV.

Overall, Smallville has been the most Superman-like of the current Superman comics. Brian has created an oasis of good old fashioned Superman comics here, seamlessly mixing heavy action scenes with those quiet personal moments that he is so good at.

He also has a great handle on the extended cast. I look forward to the strip's eventual formation of this universe's Justice League.

According to Brian's blog, this J'Onn/Batman arc will fill in the monthly gap in the main serial which has been shipping three issues a month so that it doesn't get too far ahead of the print book. This side story WON'T be collected in the monthly print book, only in the TPB, so grab it online if you only buy Smallville in print.