Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: When Words Collide - Feb 20, 2012

Tim takes a look at the script for Garth Ennis' "The Shadow" #1 from Dynamite and provides a spoiler-free review of the opening issue along with some reflections on the influence of Howard Chaykin and Orson Welles.

Full article here.

It's a shame the reviewer hasn't read any of the Shadow novels from the pulps. That Shadow was quite different from the radio Shadow. But it sounds like Ennis is taking a healthy dollop of the pulp version while stirring in a taste of other versions for added flavor (end of cooking metaphor). It is about time for a Shadow comic; and while I'm not the biggest Ennis fan, I am looking forward to this. Hopefully he'll mix in a few shorter stories (one or two issues) with the more epic ones I expect him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Tim takes a look at the script for Garth Ennis' "The Shadow" #1 from Dynamite and provides a spoiler-free review of the opening issue along with some reflections on the influence of Howard Chaykin and Orson Welles.

Full article here.

Fraggin' Bastich

Is the whole script available somewhere? I love to read that kind of stuff :)