Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Avengers Assemble and its place in the 616?

Sorry if this is a bit of a nooby question but this Avengers Assemble thatís coming out in April whatís the deal with it in terms of the 616 universe and where it stands?

Im new to Avengers so i apologize again if itís a noob questions but is Avengers Assemble in the main 616 universe and in the current time?

Is the arcs and stories going to be affected or indeed affect any of the other stories?

If I remember rightly I think Tom Breevort said that it would be a 616 book when he was asked the same question on his formspring.

As for how it will or won't affect any of the other stories I guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm predicting that it won't if I had to guess.

Hope that helps a little bit

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

It takes place in the regular Marvel Universe, in the present.
    Expletive Deleted

BANNED

When Spider-Man is on both Avengers teams and the Fantastic Four as well as have two books for his solo adventures, there's really not a problem when another Avengers book does the same.
    ...course that doesn't mean I'll get it...

It has Iron-Man and is now in 616 so means ill get it.

no way it is 616 without me totally dropping marvel for undoing everything in the past 50 years

RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy831 View Post
    no way it is 616 without me totally dropping marvel for undoing everything in the past 50 years
    how are they undoing everything in the past 50 years?

It's set in the 616, with minimal tie-in to other books. The idea behind the series is sort of an onramp to the Marvel Universe for people who have just seen the movie and want to learn more. It's the one Avengers book that won't be tying into AvX, for example.

If I'm not mistaken it is supposed to tak place after the events of AVX. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It will involve all of the characters from the Avengers movie and deal with threats that haven't been explored in a while as well as new baddies.

I'm curious how it'll work- there will def be some foreshadowing to how the 616 universe may look after AVX...
    Currently Reading: Any/everything Marvel Cosmic, Hawkeye, New Avengers, All New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Iron Man, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by LXDTS View Post
    If I'm not mistaken it is supposed to tak place after the events of AVX. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. It will involve all of the characters from the Avengers movie and deal with threats that haven't been explored in a while as well as new baddies.

I'm curious how it'll work- there will def be some foreshadowing to how the 616 universe may look after AVX...
    I haven't seen this anywhere but am trying to find out as its the difference between me getting it and not getting it.
    Unless its here and now im not bothering.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muldwych View Post

It has Iron-Man and is now in 616 so means ill get it.
    Those are very good reasons to get it!
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I see this as the "Astonishing Avengers" title - it's in continuity, but won't be heavily affected by crossovers or the goings on in other titles. It's designed for new readers - specifically those coming from movie theatres - so they can't get bogged down in too much continuity.

I'm just wondering how they're gonna get Hulk on the team - what's his status quo at the moment?

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mightytev View Post
    I see this as the "Astonishing Avengers" title - it's in continuity, but won't be heavily affected by crossovers or the goings on in other titles. It's designed for new readers - specifically those coming from movie theatres - so they can't get bogged down in too much continuity.

I'm just wondering how they're gonna get Hulk on the team - what's his status quo at the moment?
    Basically back to wanting to be left alone but with a twist. Now he has a beard and is trying to kill Bruce.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Basically back to wanting to be left alone but with a twist. Now he has a beard and is trying to kill Bruce.
    So he's split from Bruce? I'm guessing either they won't mention that in AA or they'll be rejoined before this starts.

Also, is anyone actually excited at this book?

I get the feeling its all a bit subdued and no one is really bothering.