Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC relaunch

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Default The DC relaunch

How does the average Marvel fan feel towards the relaunch? Is anybody looking forward to the second wave books? I was big Superboy and Titans fan before the relaunch now, not so much I'm picking up the X-men & Uncanny X-Force instead what new Marvel books are you exploring instead of the DC relaunch titles?
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

I really like Marvel Comics. But I am buying 20 DC Comics and 2 Marvel Comics - simply because I think Marvel is pricing their products far too high.*

I think DC is doing the far better job at this time - delivering a lot of fresh and resonable priced comic entertainment. That´s why they get my money with an 10:1 advantage to Marvel.

(*I am buying digital, not print!)

BANNED

Favorite DC title is Green Lanterns: New Guardians. LOVE IT.
    I tried a few books, but ended up dropping most. Besides NG, I'm also getting Birds of Prey and Batwoman. The slow pace of the DCnU is driving me NUTS.

Also, why the hell is Fairchild in her underwear? Give her a costume for God's sake! That, and Power Girl's costume needs some blue. It's so bland without it.

As a Marvel fan I despise the DC relaunch for a few different reasons.

I just find it preposterous that you can take an entire classic universe and flip it on it's head and yet no one bats an eyelash. It just shows me that DC's universe has always been second rate to some degree.

I'll be looking forward to Winter Soldier #3, AvX and AvX VS, and Scarlet Spider. I will not be buying anything from DC's Second Wind.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

I think DC has done a very good job with the relaunch and they clearly have a lot of momentum going now. If their top titles continue to rank over 100,000 copies a month, Marvel is going to need to take a long hard look at why their best titles come in less than 60,000. We'll see long term, but the freshness and spark that DCnU has is undeniable. Sure they've lost 6 titles, but overall their management of the line is solid. Marvel needs to breathe some new life into their line. (I'm mostly Marvel, but I get a few DC comics).

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Generally, I'm apathetic and ambivalent about the Reboot. When it comes to DC, I'm primarily a GL fan. Since the GL corner of the DCU was relatively untouched, I'm not that affected by it. I am losing interest in Red Lanterns and New Guardians though. Perhaps 4 GL titles is too much.

However...
    - I'm enjoying Wonder Woman for like the first time ever (except Lynda Carter).
    - JLA has generally been a disappointment.
    - Firestorm and Captain Atom, two of my other historical favourites, were a huge letdown.
    - I'm extremely displeased with Starfire, another favourite.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'm buying less DC books, for me a least two have been great while the rest have rode the wave of could be better to mediocre to terrible

The second wave does nothing for me
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

I picked up no DC floppies historically, but got some stuff in trade. With the relaunch I picked up action comics because Grant Morrison writing early Superman, what's not to love? Turns out LOADS. I'm giving him till the end of the first story he's started because He's Morrison, but I am lost by this book. I thought the point of the relaunch was to make it easy to keep up with what was happening and make things consistent? So far we've been introduce to Clark for at least 3 different eras (maybe 4, it's hard to keep track) as well as his future friends, future enemies and future plot devices. I guess if I knew all of Superman's back story I'd be fine with this, I'd work out who was doing what and what was going to happen, but I really don't so I'm just a bit confused by it all.

I loved the DC relaunch! DC is so much better than Marvel now in my opinion. Prior to the relaunch, I used to only buy Detective comics, Green Lantern and Batman Inc. Things have changed now.

I buy from Marvel:

- Amazing Spider-Man
    - Scarlet Spider
    - Venom
    - Daredevil

I used to buy Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four/FF, Thunderbolts and Avenging Spider-Man, but I have since dropped all of them.

Now with the relaunch, I buy from DC:

- Justice League
    - Batman
    - Detective Comics
    - Dark Knight
    - Nightwing
    - Batman and Robin
    - Red Hood and the Outlaws
    - Catwoman
    - Green Lantern
    - Green Lantern Corps
    - Green Lantern: New Guardians
    - Red Lanterns
    - Wonder Woman
    - Superboy
    - Supergirl
    I just recently dropped The Flash (since he is evil and destroyed the old universe for his own selfish reasons) Action Comics, Superman.

DC > Marvel now. Marvel needs to get their act together.

I dropped DC altogether with the relaunch. My favorite character from their company was thrown away with less than an honorable mention and I knew it was my time to let that line go. I can't and wont follow a company who is so willing to delete characters that fans have been following for years on end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Generally, I'm apathetic and ambivalent about the Reboot. When it comes to DC, I'm primarily a GL fan. Since the GL corner of the DCU was relatively untouched, I'm not that affected by it. I am losing interest in Red Lanterns and New Guardians though. Perhaps 4 GL titles is too much.

However...
    - I'm enjoying Wonder Woman for like the first time ever (except Lynda Carter).
    - JLA has generally been a disappointment.
    - Firestorm and Captain Atom, two of my other historical favourites, were a huge letdown.
    - I'm extremely displeased with Starfire, another favourite.

What's wrong with starfire ?

And my marvel to dc ratio is very small

Getting one marvel book scarlet spider ,
    DC batman, nightwing, batwing, deathstroke and batman beyond unlimted when it comes out. I have bad feeling deathstroke is going downhill issue 9. I hope I'm wrong .

Marvel, DC when you think about it, it's all the same both got good titles both got bad titles and trust me you will see that 3.99 price point slowly come to DC.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Marvel, DC when you think about it, it's all the same both got good titles both got bad titles and trust me you will see that 3.99 price point slowly come to DC.
    Well batman will be 3.99 but will have two face back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    What's wrong with starfire ?
    There's a lot wrong with Kori, DC's policy on her seems to be if you were a fan of her before the reboot/relaunch then they don't want your money, if your exposure to her is from RH&O then they're happy as you have no clue the half assed job they're doing with her
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    There's a lot wrong with Kori, DC's policy on her seems to be if you were a fan of her before the reboot/relaunch then they don't want your money, if your exposure to her is from RH&O then they're happy as you have no clue the half assed job they're doing with her
    Oh. Well she going be the next big arch. Scott said RH&O goes to outerspace.issue one she was popular with the gang.....