Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Mystique of the cartoons and especially the movies is not the same character as that of the comics. The closest portrayal was possibly in X-men: Evolution, where, IIRC she was the leader of the high school "brotherhood" posing as the principal.

To me, Mystique is very much the female Logan with her bad-assness and convoluted extended history. She's occupies the same grey area as Magneto and I hate it when she gets played as a straight out villain. That's not what she's about.
    current top5 - The Unwritten, X-factor, The Walking Dead, WATXM, Amazing Spiderman

"You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a F***ing challenge" Introdiction - Scroobius Pip

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    and just for the record, I LIKE Mystique, but you can't trust that bitch, and every time someone does, I laugh at them. I reread "Get Mystique" yesterday for the first time in years, and the funniest line was definitely "It's a set-up. Raven sold us out!"

lol, no shit buddy. The woman makes a career out of disappointing you.

Actually the story revealed that it was Wolverine that sold them out, Mystique just got wind of it and didn't let the rest of the team know and escaped.

Well it is hard to believe that Magneto would work together with Mystique, but not impossible because their is no Villain of the X Men that is on the same level as Mags.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Mystique has never liked Magneto, nor respected him. I don't think she "hates" him; she has contempt for him in the 616 Marvel Universe.She formed her own Brotherhood of Mutants as a deliberate improvement on Magneto's failures of the past. Mystique kidnapped Lee Forrester and took her form, pretended to be her, and probably had sex with Magnus that way -- in UNCANNY #199. Then when Magnus, Kitty, and "Lee" visited the United States Holocaust Museum in Washington, Mystique changed into her true appearance and attacked Magneto, and took him into custody. I don't see Magneto forgiving her for that, or her attack at the Holocaust Museum.

BANNED

Go Mystique!

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Until proven otherwise, I have to think that Mystique was a Nazi during the war.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Until proven otherwise, I have to think that Mystique was a Nazi during the war.
    She was in True Friends fighting the Nazis with Irene and Logan.

I think what it comes down to is that Erik doesn't trust people and Raven only use people to get to her goals this by default I think show case why they would not work together. Now if if came to saving Rogue I could see them working together to save her but as Rivak I think Mags would have no problem with trying to kill her. For what happen and the past.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    She was in True Friends fighting the Nazis with Irene and Logan.
    That doesn't prove anything. She did advice the girls against killing her precious Fuhrer.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Mystique has never liked Magneto, nor respected him. I don't think she "hates" him; she has contempt for him in the 616 Marvel Universe.She formed her own Brotherhood of Mutants as a deliberate improvement on Magneto's failures of the past. Mystique kidnapped Lee Forrester and took her form, pretended to be her, and probably had sex with Magnus that way -- in UNCANNY #199. Then when Magnus, Kitty, and "Lee" visited the United States Holocaust Museum in Washington, Mystique changed into her true appearance and attacked Magneto, and took him into custody. I don't see Magneto forgiving her for that, or her attack at the Holocaust Museum.
    Interesting. I haven't read all those issues, so I didn't know that. To be fair though, I don't think Mystique hates him. At least, not anymore than she hates everyone else.

See, this is why I really want to see a scene of Magneto and Mystique getting together to discuss Rogue. Can you say awkward? LOL :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Interesting. I haven't read all those issues, so I didn't know that. To be fair though, I don't think Mystique hates him. At least, not anymore than she hates everyone else.

See, this is why I really want to see a scene of Magneto and Mystique getting together to discuss Rogue. Can you say awkward? LOL :P
    No. she hates him. It was pretty clear. From her perspective, Charles and Magneto are upstarts who have only ever gotten in her way.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    No. she hates him. It was pretty clear. From her perspective, Charles and Magneto are upstarts who have only ever gotten in her way.
    Well, dang. I still want to see some more interaction between them :P

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I think what it comes down to is that Erik doesn't trust people and Raven only use people to get to her goals this by default I think show case why they would not work together. Now if if came to saving Rogue I could see them working together to save her but as Rivak I think Mags would have no problem with trying to kill her. For what happen and the past.
    they both use people (especially family). but i think Raven is, in a way, a more experienced/more jaded version of Magneto. he still believes in the mutant brotherhood/superiority of species crap. she's more in the mutants-have-to-do-what-it-takes-to-survive camp. they are actually very similar, personality-wise. and i think that's why they could never be allies. neither one enjoys looking in the mirror and have remade themselves a lot over the decades.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    wasn't she Leni Zauber during the war or am i misremembering? wait, no, that couldn't be. i think that was around the time she got pregnant with Graydon.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Mystique fought the nazis. She tried to kill Hitler. Meanwhile, Magneto's teaming up with the red skull.

Who do you trust?

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen