Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Ugh! I just can't get behind this look at all. It's like a bad version of Frank Quietly.
    Quuuueeeeee?

I really don't see the Quietly thing with Ross, with Burnham, yeah not Ross.

The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I'll tell you what, DC wouldn't let Wonder Woman speak to Superman the way that Glory spoke to Supreme in this issue.

She gave him the what for! LOL!
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

On the other hand I don't imagine Superman would be nearly as big a d as Supreme was there, save for the DKR universe and other such alternate realities.

Anyway, I didn't care for it at all. The art was quite nice, but the writing was absolute amateur hour, with massive info dumps and awkward dialog; if there was a clever line there, it died of loneliness.

Blech, such a disappointment. I was really thinking that this Liefeld reboot had a chance to be something amazing, but even Prophet wasn't as good as I expected it to be -- not as innovative as Graham's King City work, with some weird ideas and great world building but little to make me care about any of it, and none of the world building THAT big concept.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I read Glory in 90's and liked it better than WW at the time. But i enjoy both titles equally now. You can't beat the art on either and nothing wrong with a strong female lead!
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh

Quote Originally Posted by darthnat View Post

There's that scene in the book between Glory and Supreme that I just can't imagine having the same impact with Wonder Woman and Superman. When Glory tells Supreme to get lost, I feel like it carries some weight because she looks like she could be his physical equal. If it was WW and Superman, we'd just have to take it for granted that WW could fight Superman because he's gigantic and musclebound and she generally isn't.
    I guess you missed New Frontier.
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't like my women looking like body builders. It's one thing to be tall and athletic. It's another thing to look like a female Scharwzenegger, thick neck and all. All that tells me is that she's chock-full of testosterone.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Quuuueeeeee?

I really don't see the Quietly thing with Ross, with Burnham, yeah not Ross.
    Maybe it's just that one thick-necked Glory pic posted above. It has shades of Quietly in my eyes.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I can't get past the artwork, Glory herself looks like a puzzle of different things.
    She has a big massive body, yet a cute little baby face that makes her look like a child. She has long anime style hair, yet there's still a strong american vibe in the lines. Her costume is just atrocious...

Like, what the hell are those boots, rocket powered? They look like she stole them from a Gundam.

I don't know, maybe I'm too nitpicky?
    Last edited by WhitOro; 02-20-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Bought this yesterday, on the strength of hearing good things said about it. The biggest comics-related pleasant surprise I've had in quite some time.
    "After a long absence, the original Thor returned to his comic book, only to discover that comics in the 90s were very different to what he remembered. But Thor quickly fit right in by going violently insane."

"You know, if everyone the Punisher killed turns out to be no more dead than anyone else who dies in Marvel Comics, he's going to be in BIG trouble one of these days."

- Both from Marvel Year in Review 1993

A very rude... gentleman darthnat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Like, what the hell are those boots, rocket powered? They look like she stole them from a Gundam.
    I think it's supposed to be a fusion of sort of classical Greek-style armor with futuristic space armor, since Glory is from an Amazonian warrior race that also happens to be incredibly advanced.

I guess you missed New Frontier.
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't like my women looking like body builders. It's one thing to be tall and athletic. It's another thing to look like a female Scharwzenegger, thick neck and all. All that tells me is that she's chock-full of testosterone.
    New Frontier WW isn't exactly the same as the standard WW.

It's fine not to dig her design, but I think it's perfectly okay for a massively-strong demigod to actually look massively strong instead of like another tall, thin female superhero whose design doesn't reflect her power but is somehow still able to bend steel with her teeth. I don't think this design choice will catch on, but it's refreshing for just going for broke in the total opposite direction from just about every other female hero.

I picked it up and really enjoyed it. Thought the art was great and liked the re-introduction of the character. On par if not better than WW for me. A bit early to tell perhaps.

I read it. Same as Prophet, I know jack squat about Glory, but I enjoyed this. I'll admit, I was worried about the artwork--I'm not into big, muscular women--but the art really worked with the story.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    if there was a clever line there, it died of loneliness.
    OMG, I loved that line, D. I'm borrowing that. LOL!
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Like some of the other posters, i have no idea who Glory is. But after reading what people are saying about this comic in this thread im gonna take a chance with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4PointOh View Post
    OMG, I loved that line, D. I'm borrowing that. LOL!
    :)

10 char
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

I'm more enamored of the art than the story, so far.

The most I'm hoping for from this book is maybe that this will be at least as good as The Authority in it's prime.