Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Axel-In-Charge - Feb 17, 2012

In another "Avengers Vs. X-Men" special, best-selling scribe Brian Michael Bendis joins Axel Alonso to discuss collaboration, crime fiction, Moon Knight, "The Ultron War" and more.

Full article here.

BANNED

Is it just me of are Marvel purposefully avoiding telling us whether Bendis will also be leaving Avengers Assemble too. I have a feeling it will just end up being a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Is it just me of are Marvel purposefully avoiding telling us whether Bendis will also be leaving Avengers Assemble too. I have a feeling it will just end up being a mini.
    I think he's only staying on for the first arc.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Is there nothing you're not keeping from us, Marvel?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Congrats to Bendis, on writing the greatest Avengers run of all time!!!!!

I can't wait to read his run on X-Men coming up soon!!!

Also, I can't read Avengers after he leaves unless it's Jason Aaron, Dan Slott, or Warren Ellis, or maybe Mark Waid. Anyone else, I'm out.

Not interested in Hickman writing it. Or Fraction or Brubaker.

Unfortunately, the names I just listed above are the only writers proven enough to take over as big a book as it has become under Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass View Post
    Congrats to Bendis, on writing the greatest Avengers run of all time!!!!!

I can't wait to read his run on X-Men coming up soon!!!

Also, I can't read Avengers after he leaves unless it's Jason Aaron, Dan Slott, or Warren Ellis, or maybe Mark Waid. Anyone else, I'm out.

Not interested in Hickman writing it. Or Fraction or Brubaker.

Unfortunately, the names I just listed above are the only writers proven enough to take over as big a book as it has become under Bendis.
    Yeah 50,000 readers big. Beat that DC

san francisco - the free range twink farm

God, I so don't want to even know who Bendis WANTED to use as the nanny. Good work on Sankovitch to make Squirrel Girl happen. It's the only reason I bother to even read New Avengers (that and the horny pseudo-Scarlet Witch prison psychiatrist).

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    He has said in a few interviews that he is only doing the first arc. I wouldn't be surprised if this just became a mini. I said from the beginning that it should have been one. Make it a nice self contained story and at the end put a note saying if you liked this, come back next month for Avengers 30 or whatever the new issue will be at the time.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    God, I so don't want to even know who Bendis WANTED to use as the nanny. Good work on Sankovitch to make Squirrel Girl happen. It's the only reason I bother to even read New Avengers (that and the horny pseudo-Scarlet Witch prison psychiatrist).
    Tremor the most uninteresting character in a long time I imagine. Hey I'm Hyde's daughter, lets not explain how I have superpowers or explore any connection to my dad. Plus can I have the least interesting costume ever.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I lvoe that in the same interview the Phoneix is referred to as the 'maguffin' and then later 'we can't haveAvengers & X-Men fighting ove r amaguffin."

Some of this soudns interesting to me but i just can't get past the massive continuity-ignoring they're doing by seemigly pretending the PF hans't been around for decades (real time) and used relativley benignly by various characters.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Straight Edge

BTW, I'm actually starting to buy into the speculation that Bendis is taking over Uncanny. WHat else would "scare" him? I know he's done some Ultimate X-men, but Uncanny is different world. X-fans are tough.
    Now, he definitely has another project that has to be somewhat Avengers related because he has said a few times that part of Avengers Assemble bridges to what he is doing after that.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

i can't wait for whatever it is bendis does next

total rhetorical question... how can you hate that guy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    BTW, I'm actually starting to buy into the speculation that Bendis is taking over Uncanny. WHat else would "scare" him? I know he's done some Ultimate X-men, but Uncanny is different world. X-fans are tough.
    Now, he definitely has another project that has to be somewhat Avengers related because he has said a few times that part of Avengers Assemble bridges to what he is doing after that.
    Deffo Uncanny and something else. THunderbolts hasnt been axed for a reason and theres another team book too.

I don't think he will get uncanny i think Marvel got Gillen lock into that book now Thunderbolts i another story.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I don't think he will get uncanny i think Marvel got Gillen lock into that book now Thunderbolts i another story.
    Do you not think that Gillen seems to be phoning it in.

God sadly I think id prefer Bendis on Uncanny as long as he wasn't directing the other books.