Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE OWL SIGNAL: Lobdell Hunts Owls with "Red Hood & The Outlaws"

Scott Lobdell accompanies Red Hood, Starfire and Arsenal to Gotham City for "Night of the Owls" where the non-team tangles with the Court of Owls and Mr. Freeze. Plus, an exclusive peek at Freeze's new look!

Full article here.

Holy Gods! Redesigned Mr. Freeze!

"That said, there is an awesome scene between Jason and Tim that is going to have people spitting out their Cheerios and standing on their breakfast table shouting with glee! It is one of my favorites glimpses into both Jason and Tim's life that I've gotten to write since the New 52 started."

Is it bad that the first thing I came up with after thinking "what would make fans freak the $&#@ out with glee between Jason and Tim?" was "oh god, they're going to make out"

man, I kept Gotham Spoilers on tumblr waaaaaay too long.

EDIT: LOVE Rocafort's design. I just generally love his style, so that could be it too. And the scene between Jason and Bruce that was cut?! WHY!?!!?!?! That would have been PERFECT. Man I'm disappointed. All I wanted was like a tense one page scene between the two.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 02-17-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    "That said, there is an awesome scene between Jason and Tim that is going to have people spitting out their Cheerios and standing on their breakfast table shouting with glee! It is one of my favorites glimpses into both Jason and Tim's life that I've gotten to write since the New 52 started."

Is it bad that the first thing I came up with after thinking "what would make fans freak the $&#@ out with glee between Jason and Tim?" was "oh god, they're going to make out"

man, I kept Gotham Spoilers on tumblr waaaaaay too long.
    Heheheh--I have to admit, that would make me spit out my Cheerios.

But yeah, this looks really fun. Totally looking forward to this crossover and the space adventure with Starfire & The Outlaws.

BANNED

I am Disturbed by the "UNKNOWN" vibe im getting from the Mr freeze desgin.
    what i mean is i just have no qlue how to feel about it................................................ ............................. i want to like it Rockafort can make alomost anything look badass...... just damn.
    my normal feeling are that freeze should aways wear a much more armoristic suit and i dont like the exposed head...............
    i would have liked somthing leaning a bit more towards the suit he had his episode in Batman Beyond
    somthing between thease 2

mabye the book with bless us with a flash back where we will get to see the classic suit. hope rockafort knocks this out of the park
    Last edited by Movieartman; 02-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    I am Disturbed by the "UNKNOWN" vibe im getting from the Mr freeze desgin.
    what i mean is i just have no qlue how to feel about it................................................ ............................. i want to like it Rockafort can make alomost anything look badass...... just damn.
    my normal feeling are that freeze should aways wear a much more armoristic suit and i dont like the exposed head...............
    I agree I don't like the exposed head either but overall I like the design of the new look Mr. Freeze

As for the Freeze design--I was kinda hoping we'd get something like Arkham City, but it's not a bad design at all. The Freeze vs. Starfire fight Lobdell's promising sounds pretty damn awesome too.

Interesting design for Freeze. I wonder if this'll be the design he has in the Annual as well, it sounds like Lobdell kinda got it approved under the radar but it seems unlikely he'd look like that in this but not in the Annual being released the same month. Still, interesting they're targeting Freeze. With Penguin it made sense because of his ties to Gotham's four families, but I'm curious how Freeze will be tied into the Court.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    As for the Freeze design--I was kinda hoping we'd get something like Arkham City, but it's not a bad design at all. The Freeze vs. Starfire fight Lobdell's promising sounds pretty damn awesome too.
    yes it does

hmm i didnt know freeze was in AC can u post a pic please

The thing I like about the freeze design is that it takes away the helmet, and makes it seem like he won't be so confined to his power suit. It seems like every time you needed to beat Mr. Freeze, it was just "yeah go crack his glass helmet, and he'll freak out and start crying about dying"

Do want. Do want bad.

Mind you: a spin-off from their space adventures?! Damn you Lobdell, every time you make a spin off I have to drop some other book!

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    yes it does

hmm i didnt know freeze was in AC can u post a pic please
    Certainly.

Now that I think about it, the design we see here does remind me a little bit of the under-armor we see Freeze in earlier in the game.

The thing I like about the freeze design is that it takes away the helmet, and makes it seem like he won't be so confined to his power suit. It seems like every time you needed to beat Mr. Freeze, it was just "yeah go crack his glass helmet, and he'll freak out and start crying about dying"
    One thing I enjoyed about Arkham City is that he at least had an armored up, more durable costume this time around so that there is a legitimate fight before you break the mask.

Because there's only so many times you can end a story with Freeze curled up sobbing and begging for his life in a corner before you stop thinking he's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    One thing I enjoyed about Arkham City is that he at least had an armored up, more durable costume this time around so that there is a legitimate fight before you break the mask.

Because there's only so many times you can end a story with Freeze curled up sobbing and begging for his life in a corner before you stop thinking he's cool.
    yeah true, but that handicap was still there... just well reinforced hahaha.

I agree, although we already saw him in the new 52 being beaten by shattering his helmet...interesting that Freeze started off as a ripoff of Captain Cold and now they're both possibly being reinvisioned as metahumans.