Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WTF happend?

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    Not a fan of Jay-Z of mainstream rap to begin with, but most people who are in the know seem to think he is talented..
    of course he is...i'm just pointing out what i believe is the real source of his longevity.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
    of course he is...i'm just pointing out what i believe is the real source of his longevity.
    I don't think it's any big secret that his business skills outweigh his musical skills since he ran Def Jam for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by pariah-1972 View Post
    What religion is that again? it seems so weird that Prince is letting anyone tell him what to do especially spending 10 to 15 years fighting against his so called "slavery" from his record label.
    He's a Jehovah's Witless.

er...Witness.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    He's a Jehovah's Witless.

er...Witness.
    I wonder when this country is gonna grow up and stop worshiping false gods and following stupid random religions and learn to think for themselves.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    They kind of do already. No matter how long a band has been around, their concerts are usually dominated by songs from their first decade.
    I remember seeing an interview with some old rock star (I think it was one of the Eagles) who said that every band eventually becomes a tribute band to themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with some old rock star (I think it was one of the Eagles) who said that every band eventually becomes a tribute band to themselves.
    How completely ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    This is especially true considering how many old bands on tour only have one or two original members.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    This is especially true considering how many old bands on tour only have one or two original members.
    Case in point - The Little River Band. Which these days consists of the drummer (who, to the best of my knowledge, didn't sing or write any of their songs, but simply pulled the sleazy move of registering the band name under his own name) and a bunch of hired hands.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Would you believe the Goo Goo Dolls used to be a thrash punk band?
    As were the Beastie Boys.

BANNED

Punk is the best starting point for any garage band since it doesn't require any chops.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    They weren't very good, but Sugar Ray started as an alternative metal band. They released their softest song on their debut album as a single and it became a hit. They moved into pop music and have been laughing all the way to the bank ever since.
    That's not entirely accurate. Their first album was a mix of metal, punk, funk and soul, but their second album was mostly alt metal with the pop song Fly you're talking about. Almost nobody knows their first one and IMO best album. I would put them on this list...I liked their first two, maybe three albums, and then it's just downhill.

Second Weezer. WTF, man. It's like they forgot how to write fun songs that weren't bland. Let's see...Korn. 1 was great, 2 was good, 3 was EXCELLENT, and it's been a hot mess of shit ever since except maybe Untouchables which I enjoyed half of. Disturbed had an interesting debut and then 4 albums of the same song ever since. Godsmack, same deal. Started off interesting and then just got dull and generic.

Most of the mainstream thrash guys to an extent, but instead of just a drop off, most had an artistic peak and then wavering ups and downs..Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera.

Hmm..honestly, pretty much every rock band I can think of off the top of my head at some points hits their creative/artistic/popular peak and then just runs out of steam, usually around the time they either get too drugged out of their minds they don't know what they're doing or when they sell out. Even the greats have a turning point... Led Zep, the Stones, etc.

BANNED

There is a ton of stuff that factors into those things i personally feel like The Stones are still making great music every band has a high point wither it's an album or one song.
    hell even the Beatles were starting to lose steam towards the end.