Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: First Look at "Superman vs. The Elite" Animated Film

Artwork from DC entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation's next direct-to-video film, "Superman vs. The Elite," has surfaced, debuting a new art style for Superman and Lois Lane.

Full article here.

Hey look, it's the guy from American Dad.

BANNED

interesting.. I hope it's a good story, overall, though I have become weary of the superman/batman-centric focus of the DC animated movie releases. There's other stuff out there, it deserves to be adapted.

..and with the Dark Knight adaptation, it's mentioned to be "two-parts", so does this mean two separate video films? how are they going to split the story in half? why not just do a single 2-hour film?

I'm still excited about seeing Justice League: Doom, which I haven't even bought yet. And already, DC is working on another feature? Why can't Marvel be this efficient when it comes to direct-to-DVD features? DC has done so well with these features and I've yet to be disappointed by one thus far. In this sense Marvel has no excuse and I'm glad DC is using their vast library of source material to make these features.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm still excited about seeing Justice League: Doom, which I haven't even bought yet. And already, DC is working on another feature? Why can't Marvel be this efficient when it comes to direct-to-DVD features? DC has done so well with these features and I've yet to be disappointed by one thus far. In this sense Marvel has no excuse and I'm glad DC is using their vast library of source material to make these features.
    it's really wierd that Marvel has such a hard time getting their properties done right in Animation, even at their best they've had issues. (conversely, it's bizarre that DC has had such a hard time getting their not-Batman franchises to Live action ~ and not sucking ~ when they are an arm of a major motion picture studio. It's really sad that in a Post Iron Man world they've still not made an even decent not-Batman film ~ and didn't Dark Knight come out the same summer as Iron Man?)

I suppose we'll really get a sense of what Marvel's Animated future with Ultimate Spider-Man which is the first totally in house developed series, right?

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

How does The Dark Knight Returns warrant being released in 2 parts? I mean, I know it's good, but I don't recall it being very long. Please don't tell me they are incorporating The Dark Knight Strikes Again. That travesty is best forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Hey look, it's the guy from American Dad.
    +1 Like

I came here expressly to post "Starring Peter Griffen as Superman" - totally beaten to the punch. That is a big divergence from typical animated design.

Why is Supes chin so big?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    interesting.. I hope it's a good story, overall, though I have become weary of the superman/batman-centric focus of the DC animated movie releases. There's other stuff out there, it deserves to be adapted.
    And yet it doesn't sell. DC have tried doing Wonder Woman, Green Lantern.. And whilst the results are usually fairly acclaimed critically, they don't sell like hotcakes, which every Batman or Superman one does.

So it's another thing where fans put the nails in the coffin. They send the message to WB and DC that they basically aren't interested in any other properties, and they respond in kind. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    So it's another thing where fans put the nails in the coffin. They send the message to WB and DC that they basically aren't interested in any other properties, and they respond in kind. Simple.
    Quoted for truth.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by steakdiaper View Post
    How does The Dark Knight Returns warrant being released in 2 parts? I mean, I know it's good, but I don't recall it being very long. Please don't tell me they are incorporating The Dark Knight Strikes Again. That travesty is best forgotten.
    It just means they won't have to cut out as much material. All Star Superman easily could have been adapted into 2 films if they included everything.

Basically, DKR Part One will likely cover the first two issues (Two-Face and The Mutant Gang) and Part Two will cover the last two (Joker and Superman). It actually makes for a pretty decent place to split the story; I think it will feel rather natural.

Hmmm, so the Tick has traded in his suit for Superman's???

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    And yet it doesn't sell. DC have tried doing Wonder Woman, Green Lantern.. And whilst the results are usually fairly acclaimed critically, they don't sell like hotcakes, which every Batman or Superman one does.

Yep. Personally as long as they keep producing Justice League animated films then I'm good.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I hope he lobotimizes someone in this, that would rule.