Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Batman: Earth One" Hits in July

DC releases full solicitation info with new details on Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's "Batman: Earth One" original graphic novel. Batman's hunt for his parents' killer begins this July.

Full article here.

i need to see more on it to make an opinion.

yeah know, at this point, if DC really had it's gameplan together, they should have used this Earth One line to offer the 'definitive' origin of the major characters in the New 52 ~ since current continuity is 5 years from 'the Dawn of Heroes' these could still be the same stand-alone continuity free GNs they are envisioned to be yet still add to the larger tapestry of the unified New 52 universe...

...i also cannot believe that they are just now soliciting the 2nd one of these, what did Superman come out in the first 1/2 of last year? I think this line will likely die the same slow death of the All-Star line...

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Earth Fun (Party Earth) Mr_Wayne's Avatar

This seems so... gimmicky. It's an alternate universe so I'm not too concerned. I just treat these books like Elseworlds. Besides I'm never too thrilled about Johns take on Batman. It always seems a bit off and too humanized.
    I've always wanted to diversify the DCU, but usually when I do it, James Robinson comes along and kills them all. -Grant Morrison

These need to come out way more often with a larger set of characters. The whole idea just feels wasted otherwise.

I'm not sold on this idea yet, but I will be buying this. I've read rumors about Johns not really liking Batman as a character and this sort of being his chance to rectify and quell those notions.

Gary Franks art does look amazing in the previews that DC has released thus far.

This is a total pass. Frank's art looks cool but I wish he would team up with a different writer.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

It's tragic that Marvel has solicited up a half dozen Season One books while DC is just getting a second hardcover out.
    I like comic books.

Damn, I'm the only one excited about for this book? What's so wrong with Geoff Johns Finally writting Batman?
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Damn, I'm the only one excited about for this book? What's so wrong with Geoff Johns Finally writting Batman?
    For me personally, every other time he has written Batman. Can't think of once instance where he used Batman and I thought it was interesting or well written.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Released a couple of weeks before The Dark Knight Rises?! Who could've guessed!

I'll probably give this a go because i'm a sucker, although i really enjoyed Superman: Secret Origin even though it just a slightly different angle on a story i already knew. Which is precisely what this looks like.

Yeah, I'm not interested.

Oh boy another retelling of a heroes origin!! Yyaaaa!! Ya not realy. Are these guys that desperate? Do they have writers block, can't think of anything original or exciting so we will mix up domineering else's story call it new and original, jack up the price and call it epic!! Not for me, sick of this crap already.

Like deadboy said, it's another version of a story we've already seen. I'll get it from the library.
    Free your soul and let it fly....