Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Tony Moore Claims "Deception" In "Walking Dead" Contracts

After his lawsuit against former collaborator Robert Kirkman made waves in comics and Hollywood, Tony Moore gives his side of "The Walking Dead" rights battle to CBR, saying that the courts will reveal the truth of the comics creation.

Full article here.

So Moore is suing because he doesn't have proof he is being ripped off, and he is trying to get the proof?

I have a feeling the waves this has made in the media would have been a lot different if Moore originally said "I'm suing to check the books to make sure I'm paid what I'm owed."

I get his complaint and he certainly has a right to sue so he can gain the transparency he is owed, but his original opening comments are a far cry from what the actual suit entails.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Oh SNAP!!!!!

I hope he gets a fair share.

Kirkman's got more than enough gold, Moore could definitely use some damn ends-meat here.

What the...?

At this point it's one guys word vs. the other. Sad that it has to be brought to court.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart48 View Post
    So Moore is suing because he doesn't have proof he is being ripped off, and he is trying to get the proof?

I have a feeling the waves this has made in the media would have been a lot different if Moore originally said "I'm suing to check the books to make sure I'm paid what I'm owed."

I get his complaint and he certainly has a right to sue so he can gain the transparency he is owed, but his original opening comments are a far cry from what the actual suit entails.
    The fact that, according to Moore, the proof is being withheld is already a violation of the contract and hard to explain with anything else than "I think Moore's getting screwed".

I think Moore is getting paid. he just wants Mo Money.

He aint starvin. But I think He sees the TV show, the possible video game..and he wants a larger chunk of the pie. Arguably deserved if he co-created the series..and wasn't just work for hire. ( meaning the concept of what the book was and characters were done before he got on the project) If not..and he helped mold the series...then pay the man!

Does anyone know why Moore quit after 12 issues?
    Last edited by RolandJP; 02-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

No surprise here that Kirkman is a hypocrite. I lost all respect for the man and quit reading his writing after his manifesto BS a few years back because it just reeked of hypocrisy and looks like I was right. Hope it all works out and Moore gets what is deserved
    the preceding announcement was paid for by the new World order
    Got paranormal problems? Contact Boarderline Investigations. (*17) 555 - 2368. Ask for Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I think Moore is getting paid. he just wants Mo Money.

He aint starvin. But I think He sees the TV show, the possible video game..and he wants a larger chunk of the pie. Arguably deserved if he co-created the series..and wasn't just work for hire. ( meaning the concept of what the book was and characters were done before he got on the project) If not..and he helped mold the series...then pay the man!

Does anyone know why Moore quit after 12 issues?
    Six issues, actually. I know he has said somewhere why he wound up off it, because I think his work with Remender on FEAR Agent came after it.

Quote Originally Posted by khuxford View Post
    Six issues, actually. I know he has said somewhere why he wound up off it, because I think his work with Remender on FEAR Agent came after it.
    I thought he went straight to Exterminators...

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    I thought he went straight to Exterminators...
    When I said "came after", I didn't mean immediately, just chronologically in general.

BANNED

He couldn't keep a monthly pace.

I thought he left because he needed money and was taking jobs that paid. It's more time consuming to be a cartoonist on a book than it is to being a writer. Its harder to have a day job while building a career.

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
    No surprise here that Kirkman is a hypocrite. I lost all respect for the man and quit reading his writing after his manifesto BS a few years back because it just reeked of hypocrisy and looks like I was right. Hope it all works out and Moore gets what is deserved
    I also hated that when his Skybound imprint was started, it went completely against everything in it too. People were patting him on the back and saying what a great guy he is for "giving back" to comics while not even mentioning that he's taking some of the foreign publication royalties and option money. Which is bullshit. The guy was claiming how successful he was from his wholly creator owned work, and now he runs a comics farm. Come to think of it, has always been due course of Image head honchos.

BANNED

He's a dick for running a business? It's not like he's taking away any ownership rights.