Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Everyone involved with the Super Mario Brothers movie should be hated for participating in that mess. Bad movies are bad movies and they both had a large part in it being that bad. This movie is a major stain on both actor's careers.

Same with Freddy Prinze Jr, except he doesn't have the track record of good movies that Hoskins and Leguizamo have to make up for the awful movie he starred in.

Now I might be wrong. However, Vega's seemingly puppy dog devotion to Shepard gave me the impression that he's going to be one dull character. And Freddy's track record of highly dull and wooden characters is also a pretty big sign from the universe that Vega either will be as hated as Kaidan or as forgotten as Jacob for his dullness by the end of ME3.
    Well, he played a character in 24 that was more grown-up than everything else I'd seen him in. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the factors in him being cast in ME, in fact. From what little I've seen of Vega, he's pretty similar to Prinze's character in 24. Both dull, generic military types ...

I have to say, I think characters are ME's weakest point.

if you could choose only 1 squad member from mass effect 2 to take with you into 3 who would it be?

i am torn betweek kasumi, jack, garruss.

i think i would go with jack though because of her bad ass attitude and she is coverd in tattoos like myself so she gets bonus kudos haha.

"My Mission Is To Protect And Serve (And Occasionally Get Laid)"

The most annoying thing that happened to me in Mass Effect 2 is fighting Blue Suns and Garrus is with me wearing his blue armor You guys will not believe how many times I got killed because in the middle of the battle I did not notice that the turian Behind me or on my right or my left was not Garrus but a Blue Sun turian

Quote Originally Posted by Dick/babs View Post
    The most annoying thing that happened to me in Mass Effect 2 is fighting Blue Suns and Garrus is with me wearing his blue armor You guys will not believe how many times I got killed because in the middle of the battle I did not notice that the turian Behind me or on my right or my left was not Garrus but a Blue Sun turian
    another reason not to have Garrus around
    Support your local roller derby league

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kryptondude View Post
    if you could choose only 1 squad member from mass effect 2 to take with you into 3 who would it be?

i think i would go with jack though because of her bad ass attitude and she is coverd in tattoos like myself so she gets bonus kudos haha.
    I'd prefer Mordin but, judging from the ME3 demo, he doesn't do much in the third game.

I've actually been playing through ME2 again, attempting to kill off all my party members, just to see what happens in the third game. I learned that you need to keep at least two alive (my record is all but four dead) and I've found a pretty good guide but I'm having difficulty following it to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I'd prefer Mordin but, judging from the ME3 demo, he doesn't do much in the third game.

I've actually been playing through ME2 again, attempting to kill off all my party members, just to see what happens in the third game. I learned that you need to keep at least two alive (my record is all but four dead) and I've found a pretty good guide but I'm having difficulty following it to the letter.
    I'm currently deliberately trying to kill off a large number of my squad. I figure I already have a save where everyone survives, so I want my second run to be as different as I can make it (well strictly speaking I have another run, but other than being Renegade it's too similar to my Paragon character).

I'm torn on Garrus, though. I have played the demo so I know he's on the main squad in ME3, so I might have to manipulate events to make sure he survives. But then if I start down that road there are so many characters I'd like to save.

Also I've been playing as a Vanguard, which is just so damn fun. Charge is amazing.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

That's actually my main issue with Dragon Age 2; they were so determined to be more like Mass Effect that you could no longer play as Dwarves or Elves. How much greater would Mass Effect be if you could play as a Turian, Krogan, Salarian, Quarian, Krell or Asari in the main game? Or a Volus! I want to play as a Volus ...

I really want to unlock Quarians and Salarians in MP. The Asari Adept is pretty good though. Has a melee attack that I think is area-effect. Looks that way. And she has a biotic dash instead of a roll, which takes some getting used to but it's fun because it's different.
    I've been trying to unlock the other races, but it never comes up in my veteran packs. I'd like to be able to play as Volus, Geth, Batarian, Vorcha, Yahg, Elcor, and Hanar too. How awesome would it be if Mass Effect 4 was all about Blasto the first Hanar Spectre?

As for Dragon Age I didn't mind much because Dwarves and Elves pretty much look just like humans. My main issue with Dragon Age 2 was the repeated environments.
    Last edited by sandwich eater; 02-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm currently deliberately trying to kill off a large number of my squad. I figure I already have a save where everyone survives, so I want my second run to be as different as I can make it (well strictly speaking I have another run, but other than being Renegade it's too similar to my Paragon character).

I'm torn on Garrus, though. I have played the demo so I know he's on the main squad in ME3, so I might have to manipulate events to make sure he survives. But then if I start down that road there are so many characters I'd like to save.

Also I've been playing as a Vanguard, which is just so damn fun. Charge is amazing.
    I think seeing what happens if you kill so many is the full part. I mean, the demo featured two characters it's possible to kill in ME2 (Garrus and Mordin) and one in ME1 so I have to wonder how BioWare account for it. Do they replace the party members or just leave them out entirely? And if they leave them out, does that mean the demo mission is no longer doable?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich eater View Post
    I've been trying to unlock the other races, but it never comes up in my veteran packs. I'd like to be able to play as Volus, Geth, Batarian, Vorcha, Yahg, Elcor, and Hanar too. How awesome would it be if Mass Effect 4 was all about Blasto the first Hanar Spectre?

As for Dragon Age I didn't mind much because Dwarves and Elves pretty much look just like humans. My main issue with Dragon Age 2 was the repeated environments.
    Sir, how would you like to be creative director for Mass Effect 4? And playing as a Yahg would be amazing.

I think seeing what happens if you kill so many is the full part. I mean, the demo featured two characters it's possible to kill in ME2 (Garrus and Mordin) and one in ME1 so I have to wonder how BioWare account for it. Do they replace the party members or just leave them out entirely? And if they leave them out, does that mean the demo mission is no longer doable?

Sir, how would you like to be creative director for Mass Effect 4? And playing as a Yahg would be amazing.
    Well I'm pretty sure Wrex is just replaced by his brother Wreav, like in ME2. The dialogue will end up being slightly different, but the two of them are more or less interchangeable.

Mordin is the one I'm really interested in, though. It's a great shame because he's my favourite character from ME2, but I'm going to have to get him killed in my current Vanguard run specifically so I can find out what happens in the demo mission without him.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Definitely Mordin. One of my favourite video games characters ever.

On my Failshep run I have 2 left alive: Tali and Zaeed (and I was pretty sure Tali died halfway through the suicide mission, but afterwards, I could still use her in Shadow Broker and Arrival, so I must have misjudged that scene). And technically Samara and Thane are also alive because I never recruited them.

I've managed to kill all but one, including Billy-Bob Shepard.

The key is (other than being simply very stupid doing the suicide mission) to not recruit so many damn people to begin with, leaving Grunt in his tank, and of course not doing any of those loyalty quests (and I was amazed at how much cash Cerberus gave me for handing over Legion).

Oh, and to do a ton of side-quests after the Normandy crew gets captured.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure Wrex is just replaced by his brother Wreav, like in ME2. The dialogue will end up being slightly different, but the two of them are more or less interchangeable.
    I hope so. That'd be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I've managed to kill all but one, including Billy-Bob Shepard.

The key is (other than being simply very stupid doing the suicide mission) to not recruit so many damn people to begin with, leaving Grunt in his tank, and of course not doing any of those loyalty quests (and I was amazed at how much cash Cerberus gave me for handing over Legion).

Oh, and to do a ton of side-quests after the Normandy crew gets captured.
    Thanks for the advice. I never thought about avoiding so many people. For one thing, I thought you had to do X number of missions before you were allowed to continue with the main story, so I assumed the majority of characters had to be used. I did hand over Legion though, actually by accident. I was a bit too vigorous with the Square button, I think. Or I didn't know what I was agreeing to.

Funnily enough, the guide I'm using recommends I do the loyalty quests. It's not very clear on why and I suspect it's just for people going for Renegade points. It also says not to do Miranda, Tali or Zaeed's LQs ... but further down it says you should do Tali's and then take all the Renegade options you're given. So I'm confused. I'm hoping the lack of ship/character upgrades will be enough. If not, I'll load an earlier save and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice. I never thought about avoiding so many people. For one thing, I thought you had to do X number of missions before you were allowed to continue with the main story, so I assumed the majority of characters had to be used.
    Oh, you do. But they don't have to be recruiting missions. They can be stuff like random missions you get scanning planets, or DLC missions.
    The Collector Ship becomes available when you have finished 5 missions after horizon.

When you have done that you can go straight for the Reaper IFF and head through the Omage Relay, I think.

Funnily enough, the guide I'm using recommends I do the loyalty quests. It's not very clear on why and I suspect it's just for people going for Renegade points. It also says not to do Miranda, Tali or Zaeed's LQs ... but further down it says you should do Tali's and then take all the Renegade options you're given. So I'm confused. I'm hoping the lack of ship/character upgrades will be enough. If not, I'll load an earlier save and see what happens.
    Tali's kinda moot. You can do her loyalty mission. She gets killed anyway, along with Jack and Thane (or Garrus if you skipped recruiting Thane) as long as you didn't get any ship upgrades, loyal or not.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Oddly, Ashley Williams looks a lot like the lady who does my wife's hair.

Miranda. What?! Am I the only person who sided with Cerberus?
    Last edited by sHayden; 02-20-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    Miranda. What?! Am I the only person who sided with Cerberus?
    Yes, you are. By the end of ME2 Miranda isn't even siding with Cerberus and calls you crazy for handing over that base to the Illusive Man.