Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    yea well Cerberus seems to want you dead....considering how the last game ended, not a huge surprise
    Maybe your ending But I did everything he asked for

Quote Originally Posted by Dick/babs View Post
    Maybe your ending But I did everything he asked for
    maybe Sheppard going back to the Alliance makes you look like a traitor to them....im fairly sure it gets explained
    Support your local roller derby league

Shepard most likely got called back to Earth to stand trial for blowing up the Batarian system in Arrival. Looks like the Alliance just claimed the Normandy for itself.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You start the second mission on level 12 in the demo, and you finish on level 15. So considering how quickly you level and how little of the power tree you can fill up by then, I'd say the second mission is relatively early in the game.
    Well, you'll probably startiong the real game in whatever level you ended Mass Effect 2, so levelling will be somewhat slower than in the demo.

I want to get back the Quarian homeworld.
    Spoiler tags, please.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

how is that a spoiler....and the games haven't shown the actual Quarian homeworld yet, just the Migrant Fleet

Yeah! Other than what you see in the demo, I have no idea what's actually in the game. All I did was express the thing I want to see.

As for the levelling, even if you do carry through your level from ME2 it's irrelevant to my point, because the game has to also be set up so that you can play it without importing a character. It even lets you pick whether your Shepard has suffered a lot of crew casualties or just the minimum of one from the first game, so they've obviously put thought into new players or people without clear files from 1 and 2.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

how is that a spoiler....and the games haven't shown the actual Quarian homeworld yet, just the Migrant Fleet
    Not having played the demo, I figured he meant part of it was set on the Quarian homeworld.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

maybe Sheppard going back to the Alliance makes you look like a traitor to them....im fairly sure it gets explained
    I think the demo was based on the default actions from the first 2 games. The opening will probably be different based on your saves. For example, in my saves Anderson is on the council, so he'll either not be on Earth or they'll have to explain what he's doing on Earth.

Anderson is incredibly badass.

and I get the complaints about DLC....but that is the new business model now and more people will spend money than "boycott"...and any DLC I have bought for Mass Effect has been worth it IMO....Overlord, Stolen Memory, and The Arrival were all solid
    Just because it's standard practice doesn't mean we have to roll over and take it. I'm fine with DLCs like Bring Down the Sky, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Those were all substantive DLCs that added a significant amount of gameplay and came out at least a few months after the release date. What I don't like is spreading weapons and armor all around or having pre-order DLC, DLC on day one or having exclusive day one DLC, or shipping DLC with action figures. I also don't like DLC that just contains in-game items (new items should come with new gameplay). Basically if you want the full game on release day you're going to have to spend a few hundred dollars.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/ma...-effect-3-dlc/

That's why boycotting EA is the only way to force them to change for the better. I know that most people either don't know or don't care and won't boycott, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that my gaming dollars aren't subsidizing EA and that my money is going to gaming companies who aren't trying to exploit me. Anyway, boycotting isn't that hard, you don't have to give up the games you just have to buy them used (do not buy used from Gamestop, get them from your friends, ebay, craigslist, etc.). Although, I suppose used game buying isn't an option for the PC players so boycotting is harder on them, but more worth it because PC gamers are treated even worse than console gamers by companies.

Another thing that I find interesting is that even though ME1 DLC was similar in length to the ME2 DLC it was much cheaper. The difference in price is clearly linked to EA's takeover of Bioware.

P.S. Although I enjoyed all the other major Mass Effect DLC, I hated Arrival.
    Last edited by sandwich eater; 02-15-2012 at 09:37 AM.

have fun on your crusade, Spartacus....there is a Gamestop a 5 minute walk from my office, they get my money out of pure convenience

have fun on your crusade, Spartacus....there is a Gamestop a 5 minute walk from my office, they get my money out of pure convenience
    Have fun when all games ship with one weapon and the ending is DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich eater View Post
    What I don't like is spreading weapons and armor all around or having pre-order DLC, DLC on day one or having exclusive day one DLC, or shipping DLC with action figures. I also don't like DLC that just contains in-game items (new items should come with new gameplay). Basically if you want the full game on release day you're going to have to spend a few hundred dollars.
    Well, it looks like all or most of this is overpowered gear that does nothing but diminish gameplay, so who cares about it anyway?

Another thing that I find interesting is that even though ME1 DLC was similar in length to the ME2 DLC it was much cheaper. The difference in price is clearly linked to EA's takeover of Bioware.
    I spot a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy there.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich eater View Post
    Have fun when all games ship with one weapon and the ending is DLC.
    Getting saucy with other people who play video games and post on these forums isn't going to convince anyone to join your crusade. I'm all for you advertising your campaign but when you start jamming the ego up peoples noses you loose my attention and we just end up tuning you out. Be a butt to EA but don't wipe it on everyone else.

I liked the new skill tree system, it gives you more control over what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You start the second mission on level 12 in the demo, and you finish on level 15. So considering how quickly you level and how little of the power tree you can fill up by then, I'd say the second mission is relatively early in the game.

And it seems like it's the first time in ME3 that you're fighting that particular group of villains, too.

As for what I want in the game... I want to get back the Quarian homeworld.
    Its likely your standard Bioware set up that allows the player to tackle certain missions in whatever order they want, which would be in line with the previous two Mass Effects, so its position in the story line(and the player's level when reaching it) would be dependent on the player. And also outside of /v/ on 4chan the vast majority of people could care less about day one DLC so long as it remains nothing more than a bonus, which is where extra weapons and armor and whatnot falls squarely under.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

what happened at the eed of mass effect 2 exactly? i remember the end mission and all my squad surviving, but what happened with cerburus and the illusive man?, do you betray him or something, iv forgotten, also what happens with aderson and the alliance, are they with or against you, i know anderson is with you.

"My Mission Is To Protect And Serve (And Occasionally Get Laid)"