Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Robert Kirkman Calls "Walking Dead" Lawsuit "Ridiculous"

Robert Kirkman calls the lawsuit filed against him by former "Walking Dead" collaborator Tony Moore "ridiculous," and insists the artist is being properly paid for his contributions to the series.

Full article here.

Looks like Moore wants to audit the bookkeeping to confirm that he's being paid the right amount in royalties. With the success of the show I don't fault Moore one bit but it'll depend on how the contract he signed is worded if he gets access.

As a legal action this is as common a lawsuit as it gets in finances.

It sucks that they are friends but once lawyers became involved and contracts get signed the friendship is put aside.

BANNED

I've always gotten the feeling their friendship was "put aside" a long time ago.
    Moore always has a rather bitter attitude when asked about his parting The Walking Dead and friendship with Kirkman.
    Last edited by the goddamn batman; 02-12-2012 at 11:07 AM.

I'd be bitter too if my "friend" fired (for lack of a better word; Moore couldn't handle the monthly pace Kirkman wanted) me from a book that went on to become hugely popular. Every time he gets asked about it is just another reminder than he could have been on that train instead of Charlie Adlard.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

If anything Moore should only get what he deserves, meaning everything he made, only. A percentage on the first trade's sales and only season 1 of the show, he had no say in anything passed issue 6.
    Reading: Fantastic Four, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Demon Knights, Scalped and The Walking Dead

I think this all ultimately depends on how much he's co-created. Like the character personalities or designs etc.

Oh, It's on now.

*Grabs popcorn*

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    I think this all ultimately depends on how much he's co-created. Like the character personalities or designs etc.
    Which is really hard to determine. His contract seems like a pretty decent deal (if Kirkman honors it) though considering he hasn't worked on the book for years.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 02-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.