Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default For your Consideration: Villains turn Hero

Over the years, the X-Men have had various villains that became an obstacle to their way of living, and the furtherment of Mutant Rights. However, some of those once seen as "enemy" has at one point decided to become a "friend" and ally to the X-Men in their fight for Mutants in a prejudiced world.

Among those who have (some for a short period of time) changed their ways are: Rogue, Sunfire, Juggernaut, Magneto, Mystique, Lady M, Emma Frost, Danger, Sabretooth, and various others.

The most famous and possibly the first in comics(at least Marvel) example of this is the X-men's very own; Rogue.

Once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, A terrorist,and general trouble maker. Rogue has since become one of the most well known X-men.

Having defeated the Avengers, X-Men, Dazzler, Luke Cage, ROM the space knight and others on several different occasions. Rogue turned to Charles Xavier- the worlds most powerful telepath- after she began to struggle with her powers, and Carol Danver's vindictive personality residing within her. She was accepted by Charles, and begrudgling by the x-men. She would later prove herself to be a hero and a worthy ally. Fighting along side the x-men in every battle they faced. She's a prime example of what could happen when a Villain becomes a Hero.

Though, sadly, not all have taken to Heroism quite like Rogue. Magneto; has been the X-Men's greatest adversary from the very beginning, however; there was a time when he also turned over a new leaf and decided to walk on the side of Angels. This was short-lived as he lost faith in his ability to be "good", thus reverting back to his old ways of Mutant Domination by show of force.

He has recently rejoined the X-Men, if only for the sake of preventing the extinction of the Mutant race.

Even more recently Sebastian Shaw, has been seen hanging around Utopia with Gen Hope. Will their attempt at rehabilitating Shaw further prove the worth of reaching out to their enemies?

The question I want to raise is this. Thinking back on the X-Men and what they believe, and also taking in count the way they are now. Struggling for survival, should taking in Villains and "rehabilitating" them, be a method that the X-Men need to implore further? The X-Men stood for the betterment of Human/Mutant relations, should they also consider taking on Mutant/Mutant relations especially since mutankind is at dangerously low level?

For you Consideration: Previous Topics
    Gambit/Rogue
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

I want this guy on a X-men team bad

Last edited by Charging; 02-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.

You forgot Siryn! Siryn's first appearance was in Spider-woman #37, which came out in April 1981. Avenger's Annual #10 (Rogue's first appearance) was November 1981.

For shame, Teddy, for shame.

I said "and various others"

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

and possibly the first in comics(at least Marvel)
    Possibly the first, at least in Marvel????

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    Possibly the first, at least in Marvel????
    I think she means mainstream.
    XPOTM:September 2010

I meant Rogue was (possibly not entirely sure) one the first recorded cases of a Villain successfully turning into a hero permanently

There have been so many villains changing face recently in one form or another I'm having suspicions that it may be part of a future event. Magneto, Namor, Emma, Danger and Magic all joined up with the good guys by choice / Sebastian Shaw has been mind wiped so he could join Hopes team / the Juggernaut as a power and destructive urge has joined by possessing Colossus and the only other I can think of from the top of my head is Apocalypse through cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    I meant Rogue was (possibly not entirely sure) one the first recorded cases of a Villain successfully turning into a hero permanently
    LOL I know what you meant, I was just trying to give you a hard time about it.

I think, technically, Siryn has been around just a little bit longer, but she's not as popular as Rogue.

Toad is going to be the best villain turned X-man.
    XPOTM:September 2010

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

The more I ponder, the more I feel it was a mistake to allow Rogue in. That should have been the day they welcome Carol in as a full member.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mimic, predated Rogue!

Why do you think that? Do you believe that Carol would have benefited from being with the x-men?

BANNED

The phenom of Villain to Hero is annoying I think. Mainly because we are running out of villains. It's WAY more fun to have a hero be a villain. Feral's defect from X-Force was amazing and watching Cyclops become the worst person ever has also been good.

Yeah, that's going to be mah next thread