Hybrid View

Default Adventure Time with Finn and Jake #1

I have a daughter who LOVES this show and I'll watch it every once in a while - has a really cool quirky sense of humor that I enjoy. So I picked up the new comic on a whim yesterday. I totally enjoyed it. The art style feels just like the show and so does the pacing and dialogue. There are a lot of fun details to the book like little almost hidden messages in the gutters (one of which is gonna require code translation)!

Anyone else pick this one up? Definitely a series my daughter and I will enjoy!
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

I was all excited about it - but my shop didn't get 'em this week. I know that the preorders sold out rather quickly. Maybe my shop didn't order them early enough?

(If that is the case, well, the second printing cover is the coolest, anyway. )

aargh! There's a coded message in the gutter on one page that I can't crack. It's obviously a pigpen (masonic) cypher but it's not the regular placement of letters. Guess I know what I'm doing this morning!
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

well with a little twitter hint from Ryan North the puzzle is solved!

I bought it for my daughter as well. She loved it. Sounds like I should read it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Rudd View Post
    I bought it for my daughter as well. She loved it. Sounds like I should read it too!
    Definitely give it a spin. Especially the extra story in the back. The main story is to be continued but the extra is fully self contained and a perfect example of the quirky humor in the show. I'll never look at spiced cider the same again...

I was really surprised when we sold out of all the copies we had at the shop. I've never even heard of this cartoon before.
    Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

Haven't read the comic yet but I absolutely love the show. It is hilarious and gets me laughing all the time.

Huh surprised I missed any news of the comic. Adventure time and regular show are the best cartoons on tv right now.

Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar

I loved this book so much, it was like watching a new episode of the show. We quickly sold out of our meager six copies, which should mean we will order more of the second issue along with copies of the 2nd printing.

The whole thing was so fun! I like the Lich who apparently has been around before since the Ice King recognizes him, hope we get details next issue. The second story was a great done in one with the humor of the cartoon, and that opening page is still the best thing ever, explaining the opening shot of each episode.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahPLG View Post
    I was really surprised when we sold out of all the copies we had at the shop. I've never even heard of this cartoon before.
    My own LCS was completely taken aback when I explained that Adventure Time is the #1 series on Cartoon Network right now. They had only ordered two copies and I had to go online and pay nearly $20 bucks to get a first issue copy (I rushed as I saw how quickly the price is going up for the first issue). But rest assured I added Adventure Time to my pull list and they will make sure I get copies in the future. Hope they get more than just two as they will sell like a first addition 'The Killing Joke' IMO!

The book itself was great, loved both stories! Also like how the book actually ties into the cartoon with the Lich returning in issue #1. Can't wait for the next issue!

Oh yeah, and CBR did have a brief preview for the comic: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=11362

Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

My LCS has tried and failed to procure the 1st and 2nd printings of issue #1, but hopefully they'll get the 3rd!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    My LCS has tried and failed to procure the 1st and 2nd printings of issue #1, but hopefully they'll get the 3rd!
    Just get the 1st issue off of either Amazon or Ebay. I went the Amazon route and bought from a comic shop in Texas, had the issue in a week for $15 plus S&H. Since the quantity was limited original printing I'd get one soon as the price will no doubt only go up.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

I absolutely adored this and it is great first issue; amazing art backed with a great story. Also, the little short story at at the end had me dying, hilariously cute.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!