View Poll Results: What did you think of Scarlet Spider #2?

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+

34 44.74%
  • A

20 26.32%
  • A-

6 7.89%
  • B+

7 9.21%
  • B

4 5.26%
  • B-

1 1.32%
  • C+

0 0%
  • C

1 1.32%
  • C-

0 0%
  • D+

0 0%
  • D

0 0%
  • D-

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
  • I don't even know who this "Scarlet Spider" is or have read it but I just love to vote!

3 3.95%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Goblin Cultist PhilUrich'sFlamingSword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Ah okay. Sorry, I only know 7 languages and unfortunately Spanish was not taught to me. Thanks for the information!
    Oh man, ONLY seven languages? You ought to be ashamed of yourself, sir! (he said sarcastically)
    The Amazing Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avengers Academy, Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, FF, All Ultimate

LOVE this book. Hope this book and the creative team last.
    "I visited Latveria and all I got is a bunch of Doombot heads."

-Deadpool-
    Doomwar # 5

This isn't a complaint, but the worst thing about a new series, you like, is waiting 4 weeks for the next issue.

With long running books you have a lot less questions about characters and motivations with new books it's agonizing the amount of time you have to wait for new character details.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

As I've said before, it's a fantastic new series and easily one of my favorites and one of the very few I actually look forward to. My only complaint is: I want an explanation on why the Tron costume Kaine stole looks like that now, not to mention Kaine hasn't used any of it's fancy tricks yet

Also do all super heroes know how to knit and sew their own costumes??? Is that some kind of secret society or power they have

If he wasn't planning become a super hero why he changed the tron suit?

Quote Originally Posted by davidjack View Post
    Him thinking, "only a nerd like Parker would want to look like a torn reject".
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by davidjack View Post
    Probably had the mindset "well, if i get caught i better have some costume so when i do a flashing killer escape no one will recognize me" as for the spider symbol on the back and front......... uh......

Loved the issue, i hope the whole "given by a god!" thing means we'll get more coatls on this book, Kaine getting a Sinister Six composed of elemental guys with Mayan powers would be the f***ing raddest thing.
    also "The guy has some impressive ink. But what really catches my attention is that he throws fire." had me laughing too much.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Ah okay. Sorry, I only know 7 languages and unfortunately Spanish was not taught to me. Thanks for the information!
    By the way, those sentences in Spanish were structurally incorrect. El hombre araña is accurate, but the others "Sangre araña" and "Escarlata araña" are wrong: they should be "Araña de Sangre" and "Araña Escarlata." In Spanish the adjectives come after the noun, like in French (for the most part).

That is why the first one "El hombre araña" is the only one correct. Hombre (Man) being the noun and araña (Spider) the adjective. Yost should research the language more carefully next time he uses it.
    Last edited by MrV; 02-08-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    By the way, those sentences in Spanish were structurally incorrect. El hombre araña is accurate, but the others "Sangre araña" and "Escarlata araña" are wrong: they should be "Araña de Sangre" and "Araña Escarlata." In Spanish the adjectives come after the noun, like in French (for the most part).

That is why the first one "El hombre araña" is the only one correct. Hombre (Man) being the noun and araña (Spider) the adjective. Yost should research the language more carefully next time he uses it.
    I noticed that, too. But more over i wondered why the hell he said that in the first place, i mean, just randomly going "Spider-man. Blood Spider. Scarlet Spider." when he's still convinced he's fighting Spider-man...
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post

Now for my nitpicks. First the costume sucks. It's too bland and ugly. I really wish he had a suit that was different than Peter's to make Kaine more unique. Let's give him the Iron Spidey suit for example and see how he handles the arms and other abilities.
    This new costume is definitely better than the original Scarlet Spider Suit.

However, I do agree with a more unique costume.

The Iron Spider-Man Suit (Not including the classic costume) is my favorite Spider-Man Costume so I'd love to see it make a return. I'm sure Kaine would find some wicked ways to use it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    I noticed that, too. But more over i wondered why the hell he said that in the first place, i mean, just randomly going "Spider-man. Blood Spider. Scarlet Spider." when he's still convinced he's fighting Spider-man...
    Maybe the original Scarlet Spider (Ben) got a street legend status during his time active, and assuming the Salamander was a young thug back then he may have heard of the Scarlet Spider but mistook him for Spidey at first.

Honestly, I wish Kaine had kept the Tron costume he took from Peter at the end of Spider-Island. That one looked a lot better than this one and was unique. The title of the book would have been something unique as well: TRON SPIDER or something more creative. Which would fit since Disney now owns Marvel, so they can't get sued anymore.

But seriously, the tron costume was awesome.

Great book, great issue.

Spanish also uses more articles, so you'll say something like "la Araña de Sangre, la Araña Escarlata"... BUT he was mumbling anyway, so it felt ok when I read it.

By the way, notice that in Spanish is "Spiderman" and not "Spider-Man". And we read it "speedermAn" (being the a like in "can").

I love Kaine as the Scarlet Spider. His personality, everything is badass. For one thing you don't get the Wise cracks, that you get from Spider-Man, I actually like that about Kaine. On top of that his fighting style is way more Brutal than Peter's (I.E. Slashing Salamander's Face, Strangling him with the webs, then Picking up a gun and firing rounds at him!) Since Black Panther got canceled I Definitely just found my Ongoing replacement in Scarlet Spider!

Just a random thought i had earlier. Couldn't Kaine technically take the name of Ben Reilly and not have a problem ID wise? Last i recalled Seward Trainer made a whole life for Ben while he was all virtual reality like. does that "life" still exist?