Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm a fan of Perez's Titans of Myth origin, but they have to really simplify that to work.

Donna is Wonder Woman with Bob Kanigher's origin.

She is snatched away from Paradise Island at age 15-16. She makes her way in New York, 1998, by baby-sitting and waitressing. She calls herself Wonder Girl after her first exploits. She teams up with Dick Grayson, Wally West, Vic Stone and Roy Harper, calling themselves the Teen Titans, until Starro the Conqueror shows up and they reconstitute themselves as the Justice League.

You know there's a universe where this goes on.
    Last edited by jelebino; 04-07-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Hey, Barry Allen? You like all those memories of living your life with your mother? I hope it was worth it... You erased Donna Troy from history. HER COSTUME WAS AWESOME!

Hey wait... Does that mean that Terry Long is still alive somewhere? Ew...

But more on topic... I don't know... Um... How about she was made by her mother in the mirror again, but this time it was right before Thymiscira was invaded. And one of the soldiers found her, but he had a heart and sneaked her off and raised her as his own. That way, Donna could come pre-packaged with her stronger connection to the outside world that she seemed to have before.

I don't know, I'm just spit-ballin' here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CylonDorado View Post
    Hey, Barry Allen? You like all those memories of living your life with your mother? I hope it was worth it... You erased Donna Troy from history. HER COSTUME WAS AWESOME!
    One, Reverse-Flash is the one to blame. Barry tried fixing it as much as he could, but his memory was altered. Two, she's not officially out of canon.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    One, Reverse-Flash is the one to blame. Barry tried fixing it as much as he could, but his memory was altered. Two, she's not officially out of canon.
    As mentioned before--just because you are not seeing a character right now--doesn't mean that they don't exist in the DCU yet...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jelebino View Post
    Donna is Wonder Woman with Bob Kanigher's origin.

She is snatched away from Paradise Island at age 15-16. She makes her way in New York, 1998, by baby-sitting and waitressing. She calls herself Wonder Girl after her first exploits. She teams up with Dick Grayson, Wally Wood, Vic Stone and Roy Harper, calling themselves the Teen Titans, until Starro the Conqueror shows up and they reconstitute themselves as the Justice League.

You know there's a universe where this goes on.
    Who's Wally Wood?

Mark Millar Licks Goats BeccaBlast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Who's Wally Wood?
    Excellent Silver Age artist -- probably best known for creating/reviving Daredevil for Marvel
    Some days a girl wants to ride ponies. Some days a girl wants to punch tanks. Today ... is a tank day.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Who's Wally Wood?
    Typo corrected. I meant Wally West, of course.

The late, great Wally Wood is one of my all-time favorite artists. Stole my avatar from him and all. Samples here (Not quite work-safe.)
    Last edited by jelebino; 04-07-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    She's not officially -in- canon, either, just to be fair. That leaves comics limbo and the large number of pre-reboot characters that have been relegated there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    She's not officially -in- canon, either, just to be fair. That leaves comics limbo and the large number of pre-reboot characters that have been relegated there.
    If she was out of canon, she won't appear period until the next reboot. At least with no confirmation she's out, she can always, eventually appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    Personally I'd love for Diana to be the one that rescues Donna-- but I like this, in that it simplifies everything and honor the best parts. The problem comes with the Amazons (who worship the Olympians) accepting anything from the Titans(enemies of the Olympians).... but in general, I like it. As long as Rhea gives Donna to the Amazons when she's an infant. :)

Matt
    I think Hippolyta and the Amazons have a heathy respect for all the gods and goddesses and would stay clear of any "family" disputes.
    Rhea would be the least objectionable Titan by Hippolyta IMHO. She'd accept an innocent female child with no where else to go.
    That tidbit with Rhea would be the only change from Wolfman's original origin for Donna Troy that would keep her origin as simple as possible.
    It also gives Donna some depth and purpose seperating her from being just a copy of Diana.

Last edited by Hawk_fan; 04-22-2012 at 08:58 AM.

I would just make her the daughter of Demeter or Aphrodite or someone(a goddess) who would give her a unique powerset because making her a flying brick wouldnt work.

She's half demigod with a human father and is about the same age as Dick and Roy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jelebino View Post
    Typo corrected. I meant Wally West, of course.

The late, great Wally Wood is one of my all-time favorite artists. Stole my avatar from him and all. Samples here (Not quite work-safe.)
    He should have given Power Girl bigger areolas. lol

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Donna's origin should stay the way it was,I like that she knows her history across the multiverse plus it would be nice if someone remember the DCU pre-flashpoint that isn't insane(i.e. Psycho Pirate)imho, I think Donna & Wally MIGHT come back in Multiversity.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder39 View Post
    Personally I'd love for Diana to be the one that rescues Donna-- but I like this, in that it simplifies everything and honor the best parts. The problem comes with the Amazons (who worship the Olympians) accepting anything from the Titans(enemies of the Olympians).... but in general, I like it. As long as Rhea gives Donna to the Amazons when she's an infant. :)

Matt
    Not all Titans were enemies of the Olympians, only those that sided with Kronos. Rhea was always on Zeus' side since she went out of the way to deceive Kronos when Zeus was born. Zeus fathered many children with Titans, including Athena, Apollo and Artemis, and the Muses. If you go with the story that Rhea rescued Donna and then gave Donna to Hippolyta, it might be even more special that the mother of the Olympians decided to rescue and empower a human child.