Page 552 of 666 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 9988
    The Only Aussie Rox Fan TamTam79's Avatar

The End never had the same appeal to the masses that the Inifinty Gauntlet and Thanos Quest stories had, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TamTam79 View Post
    The End never had the same appeal to the masses that the Inifinty Gauntlet and Thanos Quest stories had, IMO.
    No, but it's one of those major Starlin Thanos stories which was reprinted in a TPB that is pretty tough to find and went OOP very quickly and then got a hardcover and IT WENT OOP, too. And, again, it's Starlin Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    No, but it's one of those major Starlin Thanos stories which was reprinted in a TPB that is pretty tough to find and went OOP very quickly and then got a hardcover and IT WENT OOP, too. And, again, it's Starlin Thanos.
    Don't disagree, I just doubt it will ever sell like the other two major Starlin arcs in that format.

I'd be interested what the print-run for those three was.

Infinity Gauntlet: 1376
    Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos: 901
    Marvel Universe: The End: 804

Quote Originally Posted by TamTam79 View Post
    Marvel's "The End" series always seemed more novelty than anything else. Although, Hulk: The End was pretty freaking good.

Infinity Gauntlet: 1376
    Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos: 901
    Marvel Universe: The End: 804
    Those are the DM variants, are they not? Im more interested in the total run, but perhaps those numbers are somewhat indicitive of the whole.

Just like with the omnibuses, I doubt that the print runs of the regular editions are much higher than the "limited" editions. But, because those are not listed on the backs, we'll never know (unfortunately for us collectors). I'm sure most casual collectors don't even know these exist unless they find them on their retailer's shelf or in bookstores, so I'd say that a lot of copies were NOT ordered. Plus, how many comic shops actually stock these unless someone orders them? It's the same with omnibuses and OHCs. Unless a store is really progressive and sees the potential market for these, their money is better spent on more issues of Avengers Vs. X-Men, which they know will sell out and bring higher profits.

Did someone say on here that the Young Avengers OHC is hard to find?

And one more question for tonight: Which Miller DD omnibus set is more desirable, the red and blacks or the comic covers covers?

Did someone say on here that the Young Avengers OHC is hard to find?
    It is OOP and very hard to find at cover price right now.

I got lucky and found it on an european website one month ago.

Regarding the series, it's pretty solid and Jim Cheung is amazing, as always. It's worth the extra bucks if you find a mint copy!

Okay, an online shop in Germany (Sammlerecke.de) has:

- Punisher by Ennis Omni
    - Howard the Duck Omni
    - Uncanny X-Men Omni

for 99€ each.

I also do not know this shop, but according to some comic forums in Germany, it seems to be quite popular here. Shipping in Europe seems to be between 5 and 10 €, overseas needs to inquire.

Just type in the name of the Omni in the search mask ("SUCHEN") and then you should find it.

PM me if you can't find it.

EDIT:

They also have a used copy of UXM for 50€.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 06-03-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: No direct links to outside sales, thanks - GH

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

- Punisher by Ennis Omni
    - Howard the Duck Omni
    - Uncanny X-Men Omni

for 99€ each.
    It looks like they have X-Men vol 1, Spiderman vol 1, and Iron Man vol 1 also.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

- Punisher by Ennis Omni
    - Howard the Duck Omni
    - Uncanny X-Men Omni

for 99€ each.

I also do not know this shop, but according to some comic forums in Germany, it seems to be quite popular here. Shipping in Europe seems to be between 5 and 10 €, overseas needs to inquire.

Just type in the name of the Omni in the search mask ("SUCHEN") and then you should find it.

PM me if you can't find it.

EDIT:

They also have a used copy of UXM for 50€.
    Thanks man! Had to shoot for the UXM. They do not support direct credit card payments, so had to email them about paying via Paypal. I'll let you know how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by slaine View Post
    Thanks man! Had to shoot for the UXM. They do not support direct credit card payments, so had to email them about paying via Paypal. I'll let you know how it goes...
    Just ordered a new copy of JLA/Avengers Collector's Edition from them myself, since I have all of the Omnis mentioned above (apart from HtD, which isn't worth 100€ to me).

Sadly they do not have Pun MAX Vol. 4 or AA Vol. 2.

LordJulius, i'm in your debt forever if my order goes through. I've been looking for this Punisher Omnibus for 2 years now!

I also have a good european site to get quality comics : cheap-comics on google

They run a great firesale right now, with too many deals to count here (omnibus, OHC...).