Page 409 of 666 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 9988
    Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkasaur View Post
    Glad people agreed with my idea. I was sad when no one responded for a couple pages and thought that meant it had 0 chance of being made. Now it has .01% chance!
    The more I thought about it the more I wanted it. There is some great stories that would be great in one volume. I'm actually a little surprised it hasn't happened. Well, I'm not really surprised by what Marvel does or doesn't do anymore but you'd think they would do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Death of spiderman omnibus on amazon.
    Well thats a pain in the ass.

I have no interest in anything "ultimate"

therefore, the new omni announcement stunk for me!

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Everything I've ever read by him in the last 5 years or so has been juvenile no-brain-needed slugfests that a teenager could have written. And yeah, the worst of the worst is his HIDEOUSLY bad Ultimate Universe crap.
    This is what I've read from him and liked in his latest years.

Fallen Son
    Wolverine Evolution
    3 of his Batman Superman arcs (I've only read 3)
    Some of his Red Hulk

He hasn't done that much in the last five years so I had to extend it to his most recent work

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The more I thought about it the more I wanted it. There is some great stories that would be great in one volume. I'm actually a little surprised it hasn't happened. Well, I'm not really surprised by what Marvel does or doesn't do anymore but you'd think they would do something with it.
    Those stories in one big oversized book would be really awesome, especially Ultimate Cap and Thor, since they are just 4-issues long. I'd love to own those stories, but I ain't buying a four-issue hardcover, not after I've gotten used to a minimum of 10 issues per book. And "Ultimate Comics Avengers Companion Omnibus" (let's add "Avengers" to the title just to boost sales) cointaining all these minis would be totally awesome.
    "Inventing a job is better than finding one"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Those stories in one big oversized book would be really awesome, especially Ultimate Cap and Thor, since they are just 4-issues long. I'd love to own those stories, but I ain't buying a four-issue hardcover, not after I've gotten used to a minimum of 10 issues per book. And "Ultimate Comics Avengers Companion Omnibus" (let's add "Avengers" to the title just to boost sales) cointaining all these minis would be totally awesome.
    Even better for Marvel: Ultimate X-Men Comics Avengers Companion Omnibus. Boost sales and Marvel gets to add an extra 25% to the list price.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Death of spiderman omnibus on amazon.
    Judging by creators listed, this will probably include the last issues of Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1 (probably #150-160), Ultimate Fallout and Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates, which we already got in the Ultimate Avengers Omnibus.
    "Inventing a job is better than finding one"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Judging by creators listed, this will probably include the last issues of Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.1 (probably #150-160), Ultimate Fallout and Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates, which we already got in the Ultimate Avengers Omnibus.
    What would make most sense to me is the following:

USM 135-160: Approx 598 pages
    Excerpt from Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates #4: 7 pages (immediate aftermath of Peter being shot)
    Ultimate Fallout #1: 22 pages
    Excerpts from Ultimate Fallout #2: 13 pages (Captain America and Thor chapters, plus MJ page)
    Excerpts from Ultimate Fallout #4: 8 pages (Miles Morales story)
    Excerpts from Ultimate Fallout #6: 14 pages (Gwen Stacy, Aunt May and MJ chapters)
    Total: 662, plus bonus features

But the pagecount of course doesn't add up that way, unless Amazon is wrong.

Death Of Spider-Man Omnibus?

Lame..

When someone puts in their item description on ebay that the shrink wrap might be torn because of packaging you really shouldn't expect much from packaging...

That wolverine omnibus I posted about a few days ago arrived. When the person in the mailroom handed it to me, my jaw dropped. It was in a giant padded envelope (easily twice the size of the book) that was torn to pieces. Opened it up the corners were banged up a bit. There was a 1/2 cm long tear in the jacket. For the price I got it, I'm not going to complain but I'm never buying from the guy again. I can only hope my Cap Lives omni from him arrives in better condition.
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

Yay, just got my Spiderman vol 2 Omnibus, Romita cover. Can't wait to crack it open.

On an interesting side note: while perusing ebay (which has honestly become a sickness at this point), I noticed that there is a sealed copy of Amazing Spiderman vol 1, 2nd printing for auction, but it has a split in the plastic wrap. Unsealed copies around it seem to be at a higher price, which I find odd, so this could be a steal for someone.

This isn't my auction - nothing could ever make me sell my spidey omni, haha - but it could be useful for a boardie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    Thanks, Cap - that is what I was talking about. What got me thinking about it was our discussion a few days ago about the potential Uncanny X-Men vol. 2 not being published yet due to the Masterworks versions not having covered enough issues for the vol. 2 omnibus. I'm hoping that the Man-Thing omni is an indicator that the Omnibus line may not be so closely tied to the Masterworks moving forward, which could open up the possibilities for future omnibus.
    Just a wild guess, but I'd say Marvel is likely to keep with the MMW --> Omni formula for series they've already began in that pattern. Keeps MMW collectors happy; status quo for Omni collectors; Probably results in some collector double dipping which lines Marvel's pockets. But it would be good news if Marvel jumped ahead to Omnis for older series not in MMW format yet like Man-Thing.

Loeb is bad.
    Teenwolf
    Heroes

Rulk
    Ultimates

Loeb is good
    with Tim Sale
    the Marvel color books
    and Dark Victory Holloween

Unforgivable-Loeb cancels new Avengers cartoon despite critical success and fan love.
    He should be fired.

In professional sports there is a saying :
    "it's better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late."
    He shouldn't make anymore big decisions at Marvel.
    He wants to write a title at Marvel -let him.
    He wants to take away Avengers cartoon and replace it with kiddie Red Hulk??? Insanity.

How would the death of spidey omni fit in with all the current OHC's. 1 thru 11 is out, 12 is out soon. There would still need to be a couple more before the death omni to complete the run?

Also was there any other ultimate events that were important to the spidey story, that might be referenced, that are collected in OHC that would be needed to make it read smoothly?

Quote Originally Posted by philby82 View Post
    How would the death of spidey omni fit in with all the current OHC's. 1 thru 11 is out, 12 is out soon. There would still need to be a couple more before the death omni to complete the run?

Also was there any other ultimate events that were important to the spidey story, that might be referenced, that are collected in OHC that would be needed to make it read smoothly?
    Vol 13 will contain the Death of Spider-Man.

And the final arc of Ultimate Avengers ties into Death of Spider-Man, but only in a single convergence before they split off again.