Page 353 of 666 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 9988

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Going to go out on a limb here......You like the X-men?

Reminds me of going nuts from the MHC 60% sale....oh how I wish I could take some of that back.
    I get points instead of commission at my job. I buy Chapters/Indigo online gift cards. It all cost me $1700CAD (in gift cards... so, guilt free for me!!!). I never really read X-Men, except for New X-Men by Morrisson, and I love New Mutants. I have every Spider-Man book available, practically... so I thought I'd give the X-Men a try. I'd say I have quite a bit of stuff to last me a while. Needless to say, I'm psyched!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dingbat46 View Post
    I get points instead of commission at my job. I buy Chapters/Indigo online gift cards. It all cost me $1700CAD (in gift cards... so, guilt free for me!!!). I never really read X-Men, except for New X-Men by Morrisson, and I love New Mutants. I have every Spider-Man book available, practically... so I thought I'd give the X-Men a try. I'd say I have quite a bit of stuff to last me a while. Needless to say, I'm psyched!!!
    Good for you! While I'm sure cash is always king, getting points to be able to use at something you enjoy is always a good thing.
    So did you get free shipping on all that?
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    BS that my FA OHC still hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. It's been 'In Stock' for two days now.
    That's what I'm saying. Hasn't even shipped and I had it pre-ordered from the first day it was listed on Amazon. Merrick, did you actually cancel your pre-order and then re-order it?

Yes, free shipping over all orders over $25. I tell ya, it's the best site there is. The prices are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Hasn't even shipped and I had it pre-ordered from the first day it was listed on Amazon. Merrick, did you actually cancel your pre-order and then re-order it?
    Yes, he canceled it last week and then reordered it when he noticed he had $50 credit. Odd eh? Last order in, first one out? I thought B&N only did that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dingbat46 View Post
    Postal guy is going to love you big time in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    oh how I wish I could take some of that back.
    Could you elaborate on this?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Yeah, thats what happened. When I cancelled it it didn't have any of my preorder credit applied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Could you elaborate on this?
    Meaning I wish I did not order as much as I did.

Got so caught up in the 60% sale that I ordered things that I would normally not.

What's the one thing you bought (and haven't sold for profit) that you look at now and just shake your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    What's the one thing you bought (and haven't sold for profit) that you look at now and just shake your head?
    Part of me wishes I had flipped Punisher MAX Vol 4 instead of buying the other four HCs. That part of me goes quiet when I look at my shelf though.

Merrick, your UXM Omnibus ought to fetch a decent price. They're averaging over $150 on ebay, and I see that some guy even paid $125 for one that the seller showed as having two partial pages ripped out! Just goes to show that being honest about a book's condition won't necessarily hurt its price.

I bought the onslaught reborn ohc for 20 bucks. I was so naive when I first got back into comics.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

For me it was right after Civil War and I wanted to read more about Spider-Man post CW. I bought Back in Black Vol 2. Still haven't been able to sell it. Up until that point I was very discerning about what I bought and was horrified (exaggerating) that I wasted $15 on a comic I didn't like.

Off the top of my head--Ghost Rider by Aaron omnibus & Atlantis Attacks omnibus. Both purchased because I had credit to burn and/or major sale. Didn't make it more than 25% through before I closed the book forever. Mind you, I've read Secret Wars II twice!

What else?
    Daredevil--Fall From Grace
    Spider-Man--Revenge of the Green Goblin
    Spider-Man--Wild Blue Yonder
    Spider-Man--Torment
    Spider-Man--Trials and Tribulations
    Spider-Man--One Small Break
    Punisher War Journal--Jigsaw
    Iron Man--Doomquest
    Batman--Year Two
    Kick-Ass
    Wanted
    Elektra--Scorpio Key
    Cowboys vs Aliens--even at $1.49, this was a head-slapper!
    Shadowland
    Ghost World

And if that list didn't get anyone going, I also didn't care for any of the three League of Extraordinary Gentlemen books... sorry, I love Moore's DC Universe comp, From Hell, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, but this was one series that I sort of liked Vol 1 and went downhill from there. About the only good memory I have was his takedown of James Bond