Page 343 of 666 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 9988

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderCrawler View Post
    Does Marvel release these collections for recent runs? Say, Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF? =D I know that specific one isn't released; just an example.
    Yes. Aarons Ghost Rider/Wolverine, Brubakers Captain America(Where is Vol 4?)/Daredevil and JMS Thor are some recent examples. Hickmans F4 stuff has got to be an Omnibus, as for when well that's another matter.

The Only Aussie Rox Fan TamTam79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

btw BD has Ultimate Comics Avengers Omnibus in stock, just got a price drop email. Not really keen on the book based on reviews but I'm sure someone here will want to get it early.
    Not sure how it's released so early, but the book also went up in price $12 from its pre-order price.

Now to just wait annd see where it goes from here...

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Why would you think that? Just take a moment and stare at Ennis' Punisher Max Vol 1-5 lined up on a shelf in OSHC form. That itself would possibly be a record setting Omnibus at 1488 pages for those 5 volumes. It might not even be possible to bind that in one book a readable fashion. Then you've still got 384 pages for Born, First to Last collection, and the Barracuda Max mini. And then for completionists sake, there's Vol 6 which is another 424 pages. If you combined those minis and Vol 6 you would have 808 pages. All of Ennis' work together would be 1872. If you include the Volume 6 stuff, that's 2296 pages. IF the Omnibus collecting community would be so lucky as to get Ennis' Punisher Max in Omnibus form, the primary works would be either the biggest Omnibus to date or it would have to be split into two Omnibus books. If you split it into two volumes, you could put the Born/FTL/Barracuda stuff in the 2nd volume and keep it strictly Ennis based material. I think realistically you'd probably be looking at probably 2 primary Omnibuses and 1 companion Omnibus that includes the minis and non Ennis Vol 6. And I just don't see that happening any time soon.

On the other hand, Aaron is a current Marvel writer with a couple of Omnibus' under his belt, and PunisherMAX is a neat 22 issue completed series that's somewhere north of 500 pages of material, which would fall in between the Death of Captain America and the Captain America Lives Omnibuses size wise. PunisherMAX has also never been published in oversized format. It seems to me like an Aaron PunisherMAX Omnibus is a million times more likely to hit our bookshelves than an Ennis Punisher Max Omnibus. I'd put money on a Ennis Marvel Knights Punisher Omnibus reprint over an Ennis Punisher Max Omnibus
    Its based purely from the fact that Garth's run is the most famous Punisher run of the lot. While I realise that doesn't guarantee his run will be the first Punisher MAX run in Omnibus form, especially as it would need to be collected in two volumes, unlike Aarons run, I am going to assume that it shortens the odds. I do realise there are a number of examples where this hasn't been the case. Having said that perhaps the chances of a Punisher MAX Omnibus by anyone any time soon could be debatable if its dependant on a film release.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Yes. Aarons Ghost Rider/Wolverine, Brubakers Captain America(Where is Vol 4?)/Daredevil and JMS Thor are some recent examples. Hickmans F4 stuff has got to be an Omnibus, as for when well that's another matter.
    Yeah, Hickmans F4 run has been one of the most requested runs for an omnibus.

The question is not really "if" but when.....

Like many other things such as Uncanny Vol. 2 and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    What reason is there to be careful? The guy mailed a poorly packaged item that was damaged. Future buyers need a warning - I know I'd like to receive one before buying from him. Nothing he does is going to make up for the annoyance and wasted time/money he caused.
    Quote Originally Posted by TamTam79 View Post
    The key is, the guy had the opportunity to do the right thing by the buyer already and failed. Why should the buyer (who filled his part of the bargin) have to concern himself with not hurting the sellers reputation? Thats the sellers concern, and if it was a serious one, they'd have done the right thing without being threatened with negative feedback.
    I'm with you guys on this one. There's no need to be a jerk on eBay as a buyer by leaving unwarranted feedback, but feedback system is there for a reason. Sure, it can help ameliorate an unforeseen problem such as a package being lost or damaged in the mail, but a perfectly foreseeable problem like zero padding for an expensive book that then gets damaged in shipping is just the kind of thing deserving of negative feedback. It alerts future buyers to problems with that seller and is just the kind of thing I'd want to know about a seller before dropping a Franklin on a collectible book.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfwfu View Post
    Amazon just lowered the price of "Avengers vs Xmen" to $39.06, or 48% off... went ahead and pre-ordered to lock in the price, and will wait until the solicitation to decide if I want to keep it. Not expected to ship until early/mid November.
    I had it pre-ordered from Amazon last week, figuring that I could capture any short-term price drops and cancel later if it would be a better deal elsewhere. Nice, 48% off is pretty good. BTW I noticed that there are quite a few Marvel TPBs for pre-order that are near 50% off. Also saw that Steve Rogers/X-Men OHC is marked down to $8 from Amazon (not that I'm reccommending spending $8 on it, just sayin').

Just got an email from Amazon that said Fatal Attractions is shipping early! May be at my place as early as April 23rd. Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Wait, what? You mean he wrapped it in newspaper and then stuck it in an envelope or he really just wrapped it in newspaper, put the label on the newspaper and sent it on its merry way? Was the book damaged? I would blast him for that. I always try to leave accurate feedback about packaging after all the headaches I've had with sellers.
    Just to clarify, it was literally mailed wrapped in newspaper with the label on the newspaper. No envelope or box. Given that my total cost was less than $20 (not insignificant, but it could be worse), I sort of chuckle about it now, since it was so ridiculous in hindsight.

I've purchased many, many books on eBay and this was easily the most bizarre shipping incident ever for me. 99% of the time, the books for sellers have been well packaged.
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

http://www.studioremarkable.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'm with you guys on this one. There's no need to be a jerk on eBay as a buyer by leaving unwarranted feedback, but feedback system is there for a reason. Sure, it can help ameliorate an unforeseen problem such as a package being lost or damaged in the mail, but a perfectly foreseeable problem like zero padding for an expensive book that then gets damaged in shipping is just the kind of thing deserving of negative feedback. It alerts future buyers to problems with that seller and is just the kind of thing I'd want to know about a seller before dropping a Franklin on a collectible book.
    WHy is it so wrong to let the person who made the mistake fix it? You are all assuming that the seller had lazy malicious intent and that may or may not be true. Honest mistakes DO happen. Admitedly the situation described does come across as laziness, but you just never know.

If the seller offers a FULL refund, which includes shipping BOTH ways there is seriously no reason to leave negative feedback.

If the seller does do right, then I would leave positive feedback and mention that the seller made a mistake shipping the item, but owned up to their mistake and fixed the item.

Give the seller a chance to learn their lesson the easy way instead.

If this is the way people think on this forum I have to say that my interest in doing business with people on this forum has just diminished dramatically.

If I were a seller and I made an honest mistake and found out the buyer was going to leave negative feedback anyway, why would I want to help them and make things easy for them?

Having said all of that, if the seller doesn't cooperate THEN leave negative feedback.
    Last edited by merrick97; 04-14-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Update from Amazon says that Avengers Kree/Skrull War is shipping early too (week May of 23rd). Not to late to get a good discount on this one also. Unless you want to wait and see if its got a sewn-binding that is.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    WHy is it so wrong to let the person who made the mistake fix it? You are all assuming that the seller had lazy malicious intent and that may or may not be true. Honest mistakes DO happen.

If the seller offers a FULL refund, which includes shipping BOTH ways there is seriously no reason to leave negative feedback.

If the seller does do right, then I would leave positive feedback and mention that the seller made a mistake shipping the item, but owned up to their mistake and fixed the item.

Give the seller a chance to learn their lesson the easy way instead.

If this is the way people think on this forum I have to say that my interest in doing business with people on this forum has just diminished dramatically.

If I were a seller and I made an honest mistake and found out the buyer was going to leave negative feedback anyway, why would I want to help them and make things easy for them?

Having said all of that, if the seller doesn't cooperate THEN leave negative feedback.
    If they DID all that, I wouldn't give him a negative rating. That's pretty generous, but it is a waste of both the seller's and buyer's time if they're routinely sending expensive books out in newspaper wrapping, padded envelopes not meant for shipping collectibles or empty boxes with no padding. You don't like it when Amazon or B&N does it, as a buyer I'd like to know when eBay seller's do it. I won't buy from most Amazon Marketplace sellers because of too many poor packing jobs (e.g. sending OHCs in a mailing envelope), I'd like to be able to look at an ebay seller's rating and see some honest feedback. Right now I've had more good experiences on eBay than bad ones, I'd like to keep it that way.

It's not bad to let the seller work it out with you, but if they're error was egregious, I might have to assume they've done it before. You don't want a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, do you? If eBay gets a bad rep, then the good sellers are harmed as well, because there will be fewer buyers out there willing to chance spending good money on books. Would you risk $200 on a rare omnibus, if you thought it wasn't in the condition described? Or if you thought there was a chance it would arrive in a padded mailing envelope? Accurate feedback helps make better buying decisions!

Formerly GarbageMan

Just got an email from Amazon that said Fatal Attractions is shipping early! May be at my place as early as April 23rd. Yeah!
    What price do you have on it? I have like 61 bucks locked on it....i'm thinking of cancelling and ordering from CGN, they have it for like 54/55

If they DID all that, I wouldn't give him a negative rating. That's pretty generous, but it is a waste of both the seller's and buyer's time if they're routinely sending expensive books out in newspaper wrapping, padded envelopes not meant for shipping collectibles or empty boxes with no padding. You don't like it when Amazon or B&N does it, as a buyer I'd like to know when eBay seller's do it. I won't buy from most Amazon Marketplace sellers because of too many poor packing jobs (e.g. sending OHCs in a mailing envelope), I'd like to be able to look at an ebay seller's rating and see some honest feedback. Right now I've had more good experiences on eBay than bad ones, I'd like to keep it that way.

It's not bad to let the seller work it out with you, but if they're error was egregious, I might have to assume they've done it before. You don't want a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, do you? If eBay gets a bad rep, then the good sellers are harmed as well, because there will be fewer buyers out there willing to chance spending good money on books. Would you risk $200 on a rare omnibus, if you thought it wasn't in the condition described? Or if you thought there was a chance it would arrive in a padded mailing envelope? Accurate feedback helps make better buying decisions!
    I ask them about how they ship the item before i bid and i warn them that i will leave negative feedback if they dont ship it properly. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    What price do you have on it? I have like 61 bucks locked on it....i'm thinking of cancelling and ordering from CGN, they have it for like 54/55
    Thanks for posting this because of you I cancelled my amazon order. Ill wait a little longer to get it from CGN who I know will ship it properly.

Negative feedback is VERY serious business on Ebay. If a seller is working with you, apologizes, and offers to work with you, and you turn around and negative feedback him, YOU are the one out of line. I have no idea why you're assuming that a seller that ships one item poorly does it on every one. You can even feel free to leave feedback stating that shipping was poor but the seller worked it out with you to warn other buyers without leaving a negative.

Buyers just don't understand how punishing ebay is with sellers these days. Any negative at all and sellers lose any perks it may have taken years to build up. If the seller is a jerk or doesn't offer a refund, fine, I totally understand that, but do you really think that after getting hit with a lost sale and paying return shipping for a big book that the seller is going to package it poorly next time? Ebay sellers aren't amazon with disinterested minimum wage warehouse jockies that could care less. Many ebay sellers are very invested in their business.

You talk about ebay getting a bad rap with buyers, but you're also forgetting the same thing that ebay lately has been forgetting: Ebay is NOTHING without sellers. In the past, negatives weren't that bad, but sellers (myself included) are so sick of ebay's insane punishment of sellers and buyers who refuse to work with sellers (and as an ebay seller, let me tell you that I've dealt with hundreds of buyers who will try to scam you and hold your feedback for ransom and negative you if you don't bend over backwards for them or give them free stuff) that many sellers are only selling on ebay as a last resort. I know many businesses that are avoiding ebay like the plague now in favor of setting up their own e-shops, working with other online auctioneers, or local ads like Kijiji or Craigslist. Sellers HATE ebay these days and there are numerous reasons for that.

Keep in mind none of the above applies to the guy who's being reported here for shipping in a wrapped up newspaper. Negative away on that guy.
    Last edited by regomar; 04-14-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada