Page 577 of 666 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 9988

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    The price for the Stan Lee X-Men vol. 1 has been going out of control lately, especially considering that it didn't go out of print quickly (you could find copies for a few years at well below cover).
    One went for $300 earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    ...you check Amazon every day to see if a new Omnibus has been announced.

...you get excited for Marvel movies mainly because you know it means new Omnibuses are coming.

...your yearly budget is largely based on the Hachette catalog.
    Hahahaha, excellent ones Krisis, specially the first one, now I suddenly feel much more normal!!

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

A couple of years ago I was pretty skint so I had to sell some Omninbuses (Omnibi?). It still kinda stings. I sold:

Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus + Omnibus Companion
    Uncanny X-Men (Chris Claremont) Vol. 1 Omnibus
    Punisher (Garth Ennis ) Omnibus
    Captain America + Death of Captain America Omnibus (Brubaker) Omnibi
    Daredevil (Brubaker) vol 1 Omnibus
    Daredevil (Bendis) vol. 1 + 2 omnibus

So, yes, that hurt rather a lot. I kept my Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 omnibus, as I decided I would just concentarte on Spidey for my collection. So now I have Vol. 1 + 2 of the Lee/Ditko Spidey omnibuses, the Micheline/McFarlane omnibus and the Untold Tales omnibus, plus all of the Ultimate Spidey HCs, all of the JMS OHCs, all of the Slott/brand new day Prem HCs, and a a few more.

I guess my point is, despite my paring down of the collection being a necessary evil, I still regret it. If you are thinking of selling, well...think again. I still covet my Daredevil omnibi...some of the best stuff, imo, Marvel has ever put out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    A couple of years ago I was pretty skint so I had to sell some Omninbuses (Omnibi?). It still kinda stings. I sold:

Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus + Omnibus Companion
    Uncanny X-Men (Chris Claremont) Vol. 1 Omnibus
    Punisher (Garth Ennis ) Omnibus
    Captain America + Death of Captain America Omnibus (Brubaker) Omnibi
    Daredevil (Brubaker) vol 1 Omnibus
    Daredevil (Bendis) vol. 1 + 2 omnibus

So, yes, that hurt rather a lot. I kept my Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 omnibus, as I decided I would just concentarte on Spidey for my collection. So now I have Vol. 1 + 2 of the Lee/Ditko Spidey omnibuses, the Micheline/McFarlane omnibus and the Untold Tales omnibus, plus all of the Ultimate Spidey HCs, all of the JMS OHCs, all of the Slott/brand new day Prem HCs, and a a few more.

I guess my point is, despite my paring down of the collection being a necessary evil, I still regret it. If you are thinking of selling, well...think again. I still covet my Daredevil omnibi...some of the best stuff, imo, Marvel has ever put out.
    Yeah, that's therrible man, my Daredevil Omnibuses (Miller, Companion, Elektra, Bendis 1 & 2, and the Smith/Quesada OHC Vol. 1) are probably my most tresured books.

DD by Brubaker didn't really make for me so I didn't bother getting his Omnis, it would have been only for completionism's sake (and for goddam completionism I have more than enough with the X-Men '80 and '90 OHCs...)

[QUOTE=merrick97;15315090]Lets play a game.

Its called

YOU KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED TO OMNIBUS COLLECTING WHEN.....

You rebuy an entire collection in omnibus, eventhough the current collection is actually just fine. (New Avengers)

You buy a new omnibus eventhough the exact samething has already been collected as an oversized hardcover (Ultimate Spiderman), but the new edition says "Marvel Omnibus"

QUOTE]

Don't know if that has anything to do with an addiction. An omnibus often is just better quality, take the Bendis DD's for example.
    I already owned the OHC's but the omnibusses just had better paper quality, less gutterloss and just read better. Same probably goes
    for Ultimate Spider-Man, the first few hardcovers also have glued binding and are pretty difficult to read, so upgrading to an omnibus is
    a good possibility. For me, if they'd release a better OHC that would be fine too...
    Now something different, i'm Dutch so: what the hell is plural for omnibus? it's not omnibusses is it?

[QUOTE=Mark.S;15315303]
    Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Lets play a game.

Its called

YOU KNOW YOU ARE ADDICTED TO OMNIBUS COLLECTING WHEN.....

You rebuy an entire collection in omnibus, eventhough the current collection is actually just fine. (New Avengers)

You buy a new omnibus eventhough the exact samething has already been collected as an oversized hardcover (Ultimate Spiderman), but the new edition says "Marvel Omnibus"

QUOTE]

Don't know if that has anything to do with an addiction. An omnibus often is just better quality, take the Bendis DD's for example.
    I already owned the OHC's but the omnibusses just had better paper quality, less gutterloss and just read better. Same probably goes
    for Ultimate Spider-Man, the first few hardcovers also have glued binding and are pretty difficult to read, so upgrading to an omnibus is
    a good possibility. For me, if they'd release a better OHC that would be fine too...
    Now something different, i'm Dutch so: what the hell is plural for omnibus? it's not omnibusses is it?
    Going by other words that end with "us" I think the plural is omnibi
    Currently Reading: The Authority, Bone

Comics Of Days Past - Reading the greats of yesteryear

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    ...you check Amazon every day to see if a new Omnibus has been announced.

...you get excited for Marvel movies mainly because you know it means new Omnibuses are coming.

...your yearly budget is largely based on the Hachette catalog.

...you test bookshelves in the store by seeing if each shelf can hold your entire body weight.

...you buy a completely obscure or unknown title just because it's in Omnibus, and if it's an Omnibus it must be good.

...you get angry that another comic company would dare to name their tiny TPB collections "Omnibus," especially because it gets in the way of your eBay alerts.

I'm sure I can think of a few more...
    I lol'd at this, because they're all true(except the amazon one)

Quote Originally Posted by davidn15 View Post

The plural is Omnibus, In relation to the word Omnis. So it's already a plural. Omnibi gets used because its much clearer that you're talking about multiple books based on how we know English language. Same with Omnibuses.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

[QUOTE=davidn15;15315333]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark.S View Post

So lots of school buses are called school bi?

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

You know you're addicted to Omnibus Collecting when:

Your postman insists on you paying for his chiropractor bills...
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_M View Post
    Yeah, that's therrible man, my Daredevil Omnibuses (Miller, Companion, Elektra, Bendis 1 & 2, and the Smith/Quesada OHC Vol. 1) are probably my most tresured books.

DD by Brubaker didn't really make for me so I didn't bother getting his Omnis, it would have been only for completionism's sake (and for goddam completionism I have more than enough with the X-Men '80 and '90 OHCs...)
    Ah, see I had this conversation with someone, and I know I'm in the minority, but I thought that, up until maybe the Lady Bullsyeye arc, Brubaker's Daredevil was better than Bendis'. I loved, loved, loved that first arc in jail with the Punisher.

The American English plural of omnibus is omnibuses
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnibus?s=t

I see people use omnibi, omniboo and even omnibusses.

Heh, i thought i was the only one who did'nt know this

The plural of omnibus is omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I lol'd at this, because they're all true(except the amazon one)

The plural is Omnibus, In relation to the word Omnis. So it's already a plural. Omnibi gets used because its much clearer that you're talking about multiple books based on how we know English language. Same with Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by PandemicF View Post
    The American English plural of omnibus is omnibuses
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnibus?s=t

I see people use omnibi, omniboo and even omnibusses.
    Omniboo is the worst word EVER and I want to punch people who use it.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Not exactly omnibus related, but asking here is as good as anywhere.

For those who have experience binding comics I am curious what sort of cost am I looking at if I wanted to bind some comics.

For those who are curious I want to bind Knightquest: The Search since DC decided NOT to collect it in the recent Knightfall re-releases.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."