Page 461 of 666 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 9988

Well I am officially the owner of a Women Of Marvel omnibus

While I understand the hate it gets I am pretty excited because I haven't read most of the stuff in it. I would have never paid full price but for 40 bucks I'm happy

I REALLY would love a She-Hulk by Byrne omnibus. It is a shame they didn'tadd some of that series in the book.
    Lost In Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but Dark Avengers is not an omnibus. Just clarifying in case those not in the know are reading this thinking, "Dark Avengers Omnibus???"

Untold Tales of Spider-man is a real beauty. I was very excited when I received in in the mail last month.

I really am itching to get into the Hulk OSHCs, but I'm hoping they'll get omnibus-ized someday. They probably won't, but since New Avengers and Ultimate Spider-man are getting the double treatment that maybe others will too. The OSHCs seem to not really line up well with the overall Hulk(s) stories. I don't know this for sure, but that's how it seem s to me.

I really would like to read the New Teen Titans Omnibuses, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Overall, good buys!
    Speaking of Hulk... Is that Fall Of The Hulks OHC any good. It has a pretty cheap price for a book that big but it seems like a lot of one shots and limited series.
    Lost In Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by DBrewer75 View Post
    Speaking of Hulk... Is that Fall Of The Hulks OHC any good. It has a pretty cheap price for a book that big but it seems like a lot of one shots and limited series.
    I enjoy it and it is quite a deal!

Thanks to everyone for the info on the thanos stuff. I'm going to start with the infinity gauntlet and then I'll try to get the infinity saga.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

Also, to bring this back on topic in the Marvel thread, what is up with a Man-Thing Omnibus? Seriously? Of all the books Marvel could have released, we get this. No UXM Vol 1 or Miller DD reprints, or UXM Vol 2. I can even understand the desire to get New Avengers & Marvel Zombies out as Omnibus books. But this trash? Yeesh. It's the same way I felt when I heard they were releasing Secret Wars II & Avengers the Crossing as an Omni. A total WTF moment.
    I wiki'd it when it was announced, it appears to collect almost all of Steve Gerbers work on Man Thing. Which is really what an Omnibus should be used for. I have no idea on the quality but have no problems with collections like that.

I really am itching to get into the Hulk OSHCs, but I'm hoping they'll get omnibus-ized someday. They probably won't, but since New Avengers and Ultimate Spider-man are getting the double treatment that maybe others will too. The OSHCs seem to not really line up well with the overall Hulk(s) stories. I don't know this for sure, but that's how it seem s to me.

So many previous OHCs have been Omnibised that I would put it under very likely the chances of a Omnibus, especially where it's a run of more than 25 issues plus.

On Hulk OHCs I'm not so sure. It isn't like any of them are very hard to get, and a lot of them are small omnibus size (a la Brubaker Cap omnis) anyhow. And it also isn't like Marvel seem to care about releasing any Hulk omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    On Hulk OHCs I'm not so sure. It isn't like any of them are very hard to get, and a lot of them are small omnibus size (a la Brubaker Cap omnis) anyhow. And it also isn't like Marvel seem to care about releasing any Hulk omnibus.
    That's my concern as well. I'm hoping with a new Hulk movie supposedly green lit, Marvel will put out some Hulk Omnibuses to go with it. A classic run (preferably start Peter David's run) and a recent run (maybe start right before Planet Hulk) would be awesome.

That's my concern as well. I'm hoping with a new Hulk movie supposedly green lit, Marvel will put out some Hulk Omnibuses to go with it. A classic run (preferably start Peter David's run) and a recent run (maybe start right before Planet Hulk) would be awesome.
    Not sure I'd want it, but a Planet/World War Hulk Omnibus would probably sell well. The only thing is i'm not sure what to include with it: all the tie-ins would make it huge, unless the wanted to skip those and just do Hulk 88-111, World War Hulk 1-5, and World War Hulk: Aftersmash. WWH was all extra long issues, and I think 100 was double-sized, so you'd have all of the main story, from lead-in to completion.

Peter David's run is typically considered the best Hulk run, right? When did that run take place?

PAD's Hulk was 328-467. Not sure if he missed a few inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by jdviant View Post
    PAD's Hulk was 328-467. Not sure if he missed a few inbetween
    The run proper started at 331, 228 is basically a fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    The run proper started at 331, 228 is basically a fill in.
    thanks, been forever since I've read that old Hulk stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DBrewer75 View Post
    It's freaking fantastic. Get it. One of the best deals in the last few years content for price wise and the art is amazing.
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    It's freaking fantastic. Get it. One of the best deals in the last few years content for price wise and the art is amazing.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It looks gorgeous on my shelf. I will read it eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    I think I might go pick it up tomorrow...BAM had one left the other day
    Lost In Limbo