Page 355 of 666 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 9988
    Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyWeiss View Post
    So what is the consensus on 'Ultimate Comics Avengers' Omnibus? Are the stories any good. I don't mind Millar, but I haven't heard anything on this series.
    I found them poor compared to his original run on the Ultimates. The stories were okay, but definitely didn't have the edge the first two series had.

So what is the consensus on 'Ultimate Comics Avengers' Omnibus? Are the stories any good. I don't mind Millar, but I haven't heard anything on this series.
    Its pretty mediocre. Some neat ideas but weak execution.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

They are not very good in my opinion. Not nearly as good as his first run. He keeps going further down his rabbit hole making his heroes more and more unlikable. I enjoyed the first arc but didn't find the others very interesting.

I thought the Ultimate Comics Avengers stories were just mediocre. Lots of flash and bang, but not much beyond that. It really felt like a completely different book than Millar's first run on the Ultimates.

Thanks Guys, I have decided to invest my money elsewhere (100 Bullets HC V2). Now I gotta work up the nerve to buy the JR Cover of ASM V2 from CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    I thought the Ultimate Comics Avengers stories were just mediocre. Lots of flash and bang, but not much beyond that. It really felt like a completely different book than Millar's first run on the Ultimates.
    Agreed, I loved Millar's first run on Ultimates, it was an epic action story. Millar's second outting was more akin to his other current work like Nemesis/Kick Ass.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Is there any way to tell the difference between the 1st print and 2nd print of FF Vol 1? Similar to how ASM print 2 has "Printed in China" really small on the back cover.
    I'm going to buy off ebay so I can only go by the pictures.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory817 View Post
    Is there any way to tell the difference between the 1st print and 2nd print of FF Vol 1? Similar to how ASM print 2 has "Printed in China" really small on the back cover.
    I'm going to buy off ebay so I can only go by the pictures.
    Thanks
    If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be), the first printing has a different spine logo. The second printing has the standard omnibus logo, while the first printing has the OHC logo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyScarecrow View Post
    I was one of your watchers but wasn't allowed to bid due to living in Alaska. Someone got an excellent price on it though.
    Merrick, that was unexpected! I would have liked to have paid only $95 for mine. I did notice at least 2 other people selling unopened UXMs, so that didn't help you, but is not a variable you could control. But there were two things I think you could have done to have received more: (1) don't allow an auction to end while everyone's at work and (2) increase the descriptors in your title so that it's searchable by keywords "Marvel" and "omnibus". That last point is important because that's the search criteria I use and assume most everyone else does, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    If I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be), the first printing has a different spine logo. The second printing has the standard omnibus logo, while the first printing has the OHC logo.
    You are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    What's the one thing you bought (and haven't sold for profit) that you look at now and just shake your head?
    Yesterday I would have nothing to have added, but I just got an email saying I screwed up with Amazon. I pre-ordered Kree/Skrull war OHC and WATXM HC together to make the $25 free shipping back when I didn't know how much I was going to hate WATXM. I was going to cancel the entire order but thought I had weeks to do it yet. And now Amazon sends me notice that they shipped it today? Aaaaahhh! How much do I lose if I send it back?

On the plus side, my John Romita SENIOR ASM Artist Edition arrived today. This thing is huge! Couldn't put it on the shelf if I wanted its so big. But man can you see the art. Its truly oversized!

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Yesterday I would have nothing to have added, but I just got an email saying I screwed up with Amazon. I pre-ordered Kree/Skrull war OHC and WATXM HC together to make the $25 free shipping back when I didn't know how much I was going to hate WATXM. I was going to cancel the entire order but thought I had weeks to do it yet. And now Amazon sends me notice that they shipped it today? Aaaaahhh! How much do I lose if I send it back?
    There's generally a 3.99 shipping/restocking fee for any return. Unless you report it damaged....

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times, and have never had to reimburse Amazon for the free shipping. However it's been awhile since that happened. Hopefully policy hasn't changed and you can just return the Wolverine book without any issues...

Ummmmmmm guys if I'm not mistaken the first printing of FF1 was glued and second was sewn. That is also a big difference.