Page 341 of 666 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 9988
  1. #5101
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Uncanny #306 is actually the issue where Warren & Jean fight the Hodge Phalanx, with Candy. I'd assume this issue would be in a Phalanx X-related OHC, be it prelude (with the subsequent Uncanny issues) or the Covenant itself.

    Annual #16 was part of the Shattershot crossover, and Annual crossovers generally have not made an appearance in the OHCs. One would hope we eventually get a TPB of them, maybe combining all three of Days of Future Present, Kings of Pain, and Shattershot for the sake of efficiency :)
    I had forgotten about these three horrendous* Annual X-overs. Thanks a lot!


    * hate to diss an Art Adams drawn issue.

  2. #5102
    Senior Member DrGregatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    24th and 1/2th century
    Posts
    2,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    I recently went through the process of contacting the seller after having had a similar problem with shipping... unfortunately, they ignored me and, after a week, I left negative feedback. It was just so bizarre... $6.99 shipping for a masterwork that they 'packaged' in a single sheet of newspaper. There was no box, just a sheet from a newspaper that was wrapped and taped around the book. It arrived with the newspaper shredded (a miracle that my address hadn't fallen off) and what I'd describe as a 'chuck' actually missing from a top corner of the hardcover.
    Wow, that makes me feel lucky. I received a Masterwork in the mail yesterday that was only in a thinly padded envelope. The guy has a few thousand mostly positive feedback, I'd think he'd know that people who buy hardcover masterworks want their books to arrive in pristine condition. Who does he think he is? Barnes and Noble? Luckily, the book arrived in good shape, though. I haven't left any feedback yet, but I think I should mention the envelope thing in my feedback, no? Also, it took twice as long to arrive as I thought it should, because another order I placed the same day arrived several days earlier from over twice the distance away.

  3. #5103
    Senior Member DrGregatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    24th and 1/2th century
    Posts
    2,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    I think it's great those "stranded" issues get collected.

    But you gotta admit, this is easily the weakest X-collection ever made, in terms of story quality. Those solicits sure try their best to sell it, tho. Those "Into the Void" and Morlocks issues are just not very good, and the Hazard issues are quite plain, too.

    Where's UXM Annual #16? :(
    Ok, I admit it. And no, I'm not jumping up down.

    But I'll probably get it anyway for completion sake.

  4. #5104
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I can't believe marvel is doing a man-thing omnibus. Does anyone even want this? Marvel has way to much money to burn. Collections that actually deserve the omnibus treatment are getting either pushed back or not getting it at all so man-thing can have it...

  5. #5105
    Dead Man's Party Rob London's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mburr View Post
    I can't believe marvel is doing a man-thing omnibus. Does anyone even want this? Marvel has way to much money to burn. Collections that actually deserve the omnibus treatment are getting either pushed back or not getting it at all so man-thing can have it...
    Obviously their money knew fear, and thus burned at the touch of the Man-Thing.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

  6. #5106
    Ladies Man CSPDX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Uncanny #306 is actually the issue where Warren & Jean fight the Hodge Phalanx, with Candy. I'd assume this issue would be in a Phalanx X-related OHC, be it prelude (with the subsequent Uncanny issues) or the Covenant itself.



    I had forgotten about these three horrendous* Annual X-overs. Thanks a lot!


    * hate to diss an Art Adams drawn issue.
    Yeah, that was gnawing at me, because I half-remembered that that particular issue wasn't included in Fatal Attractions. 305 is Prof and Storm stealing the plans to the US government's anti-Magneto armor. Assuming they stick to form for Phalanx OHC, it should be 306, 308-314, 316-317. That orphans 318 and 319 between that volume and AoA Omni, though, so who knows, maybe those go in there too.
    Omactivate! RIP

    Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

  7. #5107
    Senior Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronStC View Post
    What's so great about book depository? A quick search reveals that their prices aren't very good.
    If you're outside the US their prices are pretty good. Inside of the US not so much, but internationally they have a big advantage: Before discounts the books are US cover price.

    As a Canadian a 100 dollar omnibus costs 112 dollars but gets the same 37% discount at Amazon.ca. So instead of the book costing 63 bucks it costs 70 bucks, and I have to pay sales tax on it as well so it ends up costing 75. Book Depository isn't so great with big books like that (the standard"price for an omni is 75 bucks, 25% off cover price, to cover the "free" shipping) but there are some oddities. The Avengers omnibus is still only 62 bucks at BD which is a killer deal for a Canadian, and generally when an omni is released they drop the price on it for a day or so (still waiting for that to happen with Untold Tales).

    But for cheaper (and thus, usually, smaller books) it rounds out pretty well. I buy all of my trades from BD because for pretty much every trade I buy I save a couple bucks vs buying from Amazon and thats not including the sales tax either. Its not a purposeful thing, BD is just more convenient. I can order any book I want and get free shipping, while at Amazon I have to have an order worth 25 dollars or more. And at BD I can use Paypal which is handy for me since my only credit card is one I have to load up beforehand. Of all of my books, excluding the ones I bought off eBay or in a store, only two came from Amazon. The rest are from BD.

    The occasional 10% off deal is handy too but the last time they had one they jacked the prices up, so I wouldn't wait around to cash in.

  8. #5108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mburr View Post
    I can't believe marvel is doing a man-thing omnibus. Does anyone even want this? Marvel has way to much money to burn. Collections that actually deserve the omnibus treatment are getting either pushed back or not getting it at all so man-thing can have it...
    Its all a matter of opinion on what "deserves" Omnibus treatment and everyone's opinion will vary. It's also a matter of what Marvel already has queued up in Masterworks format to transition to Omnibus format. That's why the wait is so long on certain "classic" runs, because Marvel has to hit the Masterworks format first. Plus there's the issue of if older runs will be recolored and whatnot.

    As for Man-Thing, I'm sure the Omnibus won't have a very large print run. Just big enough to bring production costs down and make it profitable. Until it turns out the be the most popular Omnibus of all time and Marvel has to reprint it 7 times.

  9. #5109
    Senior Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronStC View Post
    Oh, OK. That makes sense. In the US you can easily get greater than 30% off (don't mean to rub it in).
    BD used to match Amazons pricing, so you could get 30% off or more with free shipping. It doesn't happen that often since Amazon bought them but it can occur. I actually just purchased a couple of books with the 10% off coupon(thanks again Nova), 100 Bullets Deluxe v2 (35% off) and Sleeper Volume 2(33% off), at prices that are almost equivalent to Amazons not factoring in their shipping(which has gone up recently). I'd have a very small collection if it weren't for BD.

    Quote Originally Posted by mburr View Post
    I can't believe marvel is doing a man-thing omnibus. Does anyone even want this? Marvel has way to much money to burn. Collections that actually deserve the omnibus treatment are getting either pushed back or not getting it at all so man-thing can have it...
    I don't want it, but I think its awesome they're doing a near complete run of a writers stories(Steve Gerber). What an Omnibus should be for imo. Also because I hope they put "Giant sized Man Thing" on the spine for shits and giggles.

  10. #5110
    X-Fan & Rocker krisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    Yeah, that was gnawing at me, because I half-remembered that that particular issue wasn't included in Fatal Attractions. 305 is Prof and Storm stealing the plans to the US government's anti-Magneto armor. Assuming they stick to form for Phalanx OHC, it should be 306, 308-314, 316-317. That orphans 318 and 319 between that volume and AoA Omni, though, so who knows, maybe those go in there too.
    Wait, am I double-confused? #305 is NOT the Phalanx preview, and #315 is the one in FA, not #317?

    This has been a long week.

  11. #5111
    Senior Member NZ_InFerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Wait what happened to the first page summary of books coming out? Or did this iteration of the thread never have one? I need to work out whats coming out before May 14 :D

  12. #5112
    Senior Member Omnibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    I recently went through the process of contacting the seller after having had a similar problem with shipping... unfortunately, they ignored me and, after a week, I left negative feedback. It was just so bizarre... $6.99 shipping for a masterwork that they 'packaged' in a single sheet of newspaper. There was no box, just a sheet from a newspaper that was wrapped and taped around the book. It arrived with the newspaper shredded (a miracle that my address hadn't fallen off) and what I'd describe as a 'chuck' actually missing from a top corner of the hardcover.
    Wow....unfortunately some people just do not have a clue out there. It would not surpirse me if that person was the first one to complain if something arrived like that for them.

    I always pack my items like a tank to make sure the buyer will be happy.

    My wife and I cleaned the attic last weekend and I had another round of boxes to move into the garage. Took a picture with the cell phone Air Cushions are in the white bag.


  13. #5113
    Senior Member momaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Wait what happened to the first page summary of books coming out? Or did this iteration of the thread never have one? I need to work out whats coming out before May 14 :D
    Scroll down to post 10. They merged the thread with another which pushed the first post with all that info down.

  14. #5114
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    If you're outside the US their prices are pretty good. Inside of the US not so much, but internationally they have a big advantage: Before discounts the books are US cover price.

    [snip]
    The Avengers omnibus is still only 62 bucks at BD which is a killer deal for a Canadian, and generally when an omni is released they drop the price on it for a day or so (still waiting for that to happen with Untold Tales).
    Is this released/price drop usually the case (last few omnis barring Untold Tales) or not?
    As you say it makes a big difference for us international buyers, whether to wait for said price drop here or pre-order elsewhere.

    Long time lurker

  15. #5115
    Ladies Man CSPDX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Wait, am I double-confused? #305 is NOT the Phalanx preview, and #315 is the one in FA, not #317?

    This has been a long week.
    Ya, same here. It was bugging me when I was at work typing that original post, so I checked the ol' pulp roll-a-dex and sure enough, 306 is the Hodge/Candy issue. 305 has Storm and the Prof stealing government plans for an anti-Magneto suit and some stuff about Rogue touching some skin thing's non-mind. I forget what that was all about, but that's what I recall. 316 and 317 are a part of the Phalanx Covenent crossover proper, and 315 is included in the Fatal Attractions OHC. Why? That issue's a hole in my collection, so don't ask me why it's included there.
    Omactivate! RIP

    Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •