Page 337 of 666 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 9988
    Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse123321 View Post
    Anyone posted about the Man-Thing omnibus yet?

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=120492
    We also have a Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth OHC, an X-Men: Bishop's Crossing OHC and Criminals Deluxe Edition Vol 2 in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Man Thing Omnibus in July and noone has solicited it for sale?
    Omnibuses tend to be advanced solicited, so it's probably coming in September or October. Marvel will probably release the official solicits next week so we'll see the release date then.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    We also have a Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth OHC, an X-Men: Bishop's Crossing OHC and Criminals Deluxe Edition Vol 2 in there as well.

Omnibuses tend to be advanced solicited, so it's probably coming in September or October. Marvel will probably release the official solicits next week so we'll see the release date then.

F$&% Yeah! Also could the Man thing Omnibus tie into the new series that was announced? Good way to push the character to a wider audience _b

Now had a read of previews and a few interesting things in there:

-Up to DD 15 already and just putting out first trade
    - Hickmans Fantastic Four HCs is resuming numbering at v5, will be a messy reading order there with FF. Still no Omni???
    - Hercules Trade complete by Pak and van lente for $30, wouldn't this be massive and also suitable for an Omni?
    - Incredible Hulk trade for $40? Hope it comes with gold leaf covers.
    - Uncanny XForce up to issue 28, still no OHC?
    - Distinct lack of overpriced Xmen OHC detected

Yes I have been drinking, don't judge me

Formerly GarbageMan

Criminal deluxe vol 2? I still haven't bought 1!

Well I am excited for the X-men Bishop OHC as well as Criminal Vol. 2. I have Spider-man pre-ordered from when amazon listed it as $10. I appreciate that the new Fantastic Four is Vol. 5, but as NZ_InFerno said, it has a messy reading order with FF at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    - Hercules Trade complete by Pak and van lente for $30, wouldn't this be massive and also suitable for an Omni?
    It's listed as Herc Complete Series, so it's almost certainly just the most recent series that kicked off during Fear Itself. Marvel did the same with the Pak & Van Lente's recent Alpha Flight series as well, listing a paperback collection of the complete series.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Now had a read of previews and a few interesting things in there:

-Up to DD 15 already and just putting out first trade
    - Hickmans Fantastic Four HCs is resuming numbering at v5, will be a messy reading order there with FF. Still no Omni???
    - Incredible Hulk trade for $40? Hope it comes with gold leaf covers.
    - Uncanny XForce up to issue 28, still no OHC?
    - Distinct lack of overpriced Xmen OHC detected

Yes I have been drinking, don't judge me
    The Hulk trade is a big one. 400 pages of retro material (meaning restoration costs are probably in the price as well).

And Marvel delays releasing trades to give floppies more of a chance.

Bookdepository is offering 10% extra off until 14th May, on both the .com and the UK sites.

Quote Originally Posted by studioremark View Post
    FYI from Scott Dunbier on Twitter: "Keep seeing copies of Romita Spider-Man AE on ebay for $150, saying sold out. NOT sold out, but less than 40 remain!"

There was some talk a few pages back about surprise over IDW still having some in stock... it would seem that that won't be for long.

I have the first four AEs and will be sitting out the next few AE's, simply because they do take up a fair bit of space and IDW is now starting to crank them out rather quickly ($100/pop wasn't bad when they were annual, but bi-monthy or even monthly now is tougher). I've always wanted to get into original art and these books are a fun way to (sort of) do that. They're something that even my non-comics fans think are very awed by.
    While I am excited to get a David Mazzuchelli AE and I think these are really cool, my advice to you is to save up and buy original art instead. It's addictive and you'll really feel like you own a part of your favorite comics. I love original art.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    Bookdepository is offering 10% extra off until 14th May, on both the .com and the UK sites.
    Awesome! I'm buying two omnis in that time and that'll save me some good cash.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Any omnibus collectors also collecting the IDW Artist Editions? I just ordered the John Romita Spider-Man Artist Edition after watching several You Tube videos about it. Looks like an awesome book! Can't wait to see it!
    The quality is excellent for the IDW Artist Editions. The have sewn binding as you can lay the page flat and stare at oversized the artwork. Nice thick paper stock used as well.

What is the likelihood of a Jason Aaron PunisherMax omnibus? With Remenders coming out later this year and the popularity of Aaron I would say it makes sense. I am just wondering, because I want to read his run, but don't want to get the trades only to find out this omnibus will get released shortly after I buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by mburr View Post
    What is the likelihood of a Jason Aaron PunisherMax omnibus? With Remenders coming out later this year and the popularity of Aaron I would say it makes sense. I am just wondering, because I want to read his run, but don't want to get the trades only to find out this omnibus will get released shortly after I buy them.
    Considering his Wolverine and Ghost rider runs were "omnibused" pretty quickly chances are very good. Although I would also say the chances of the Garth Ennis MAX run being omnibused before this is even more likely, which may mean you would have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
    Criminal deluxe vol 2? I still haven't bought 1!
    Nor I, but am intending to pick it up. Really enjoyed the first three arcs

With a $50 price tag, X-Men: Bishop's Crossing OHC would contain Uncanny X-Men #281-293 and... ?

We're looking at 304 pages for those issues, plus whatever else.

Maybe they could toss the pretty first decent Bishop LS in there (the Mountjoy Crisis) and the second one. And the X.S.E. series? Maybe throw more X-Men vol.2 issues in after the Uncanny ones, chronologically?

#281 - 23 pgs + 2 cvr + 2 rep cvr
    #282 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr + 1 rep cvr
    #283 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #284 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #285 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #286 - 21 pgs + 1 cvr
    #287 - 23 pgs + 1 cvr
    #288 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #289 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #290 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #291 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #292 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr
    #293 - 22 pgs + 1 cvr

With the exception of #281-283 (and maybe #289-290), these are quite forgettable, and often weak stories. Certainly contenders for the worst Uncanny issues to be collected, IMO.

But Marvel (hopefully) did us well to get them in OHC and bridge the gap from Jim Lee Omni vol.2 to X-Cutioner's Song.

Also, the COUNTER X TPBs receive a (quite tiny) addition with Counter X - X-Force: Rage War which collects X-Force #110-115 and #102 Rough Cut Edition.

Releasing opposite ends of the X-Force series in both Hardcover and TPB makes little sense, but I'll take them.

So of X-Force #1-129, we'll now have the following collecred

#1-38
    #57-58
    #67-70
    #101-129

Bring on the Pollina issues!

Also, when Marvel fans demand an enormous 9 pound Man-Thing in their hands, they get it.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 04-13-2012 at 07:14 AM.