Page 335 of 666 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 9988
    Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abugeorge View Post
    Hello, just curious to know if you guys think Marvel will release OHCs of the current A/NA series starting from issue 7 onwards. I bought the Heroic Age OHC which includes 1-6 of both titles and thought maybe the next OHCs might continue from that. Or do you think they would get reprinted again?
    I've been wondering this myself. The released the Heroic age vol including both even though they are unrelated. My guess is to capitalize on the movie. Ive heard the 2 series' meld a lot together so maybe they keep releasing them with this method but I doubt that since there have been many comic series that link closely to others and are still kept separate when released in collected form.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've been wondering this myself. The released the Heroic age vol including both even though they are unrelated. My guess is to capitalize on the movie. Ive heard the 2 series' meld a lot together so maybe they keep releasing them with this method but I doubt that since there have been many comic series that link closely to others and are still kept separate when released in collected form.
    Abugeorge - The answer like Cap Planet states is we just don't know. I know when they first announced they were mashing the two titles together in that "Heroic Age" OHC, I thought it was a bad idea, as how would they keep it moving? I suppose they have four options:
    1) Continue in present format of including 6ish issues of each title in OHCs going forward
    2) Split them up now, and vol. 2 of each (New and A) would start over with issue #1
    3) Split them up now, and vol. 2 of each (New and A) would continue with issue #7
    4) Not make anymore OHCs, and just keep them churning out in PHCs (although this is unlikely)
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Abugeorge - The answer like Cap Planet states is we just don't know. I know when they first announced they were mashing the two titles together in that "Heroic Age" OHC, I thought it was a bad idea, as how would they keep it moving? I suppose they have four options:
    1) Continue in present format of including 6ish issues of each title in OHCs going forward
    2) Split them up now, and vol. 2 of each (New and A) would start over with issue #1
    3) Split them up now, and vol. 2 of each (New and A) would continue with issue #7
    4) Not make anymore OHCs, and just keep them churning out in PHCs (although this is unlikely)
    If I had to guess I'd say they will still release them in OHC starting with number one and that this collection was basically a sampler for people interested in Avengers after seeing the movie, or for people getting back into Avengers.

And I'm still going to buy it eventually because its the only place to get the Avengers Prime in over sized format. That art deserves to be over sized.

And I'm still going to buy it eventually because its the only place to get the Avengers Prime in over sized format. That art deserves to be over sized.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the reasons I bought it because of the Prime series being oversized. Plus I wanted to try both series to see how I liked them. The art wasn't too bad but the JRJR art I didn't get into that well.

So how early does CGN put stuff up for sale? It looks like they don't do preorders but UTOSM was available for purchase as early as Tuesday (released Wednesday). I ask because I also want ASM vol 2 and think I'll just get them together because of shipping.

Anyone got the first Claremont X-Men omnibus? Why is Dazzler purple? Does mine have a printing error?
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

If you had the choice, would you go for the 1st or 2nd printing of the Amazing Spider-man omnibus volume 1? I know the 2nd has the better sewn binding, but my gut instinct is to go for the 1st printing just because. My purpose for getting it is for Stan Lee to sign at a comic-con.
    Thanks.

Also I know the Fantastic Four Vol.1 had two printings, are the differences similar?

The Only Aussie Rox Fan TamTam79's Avatar

I see no reason why anybody would chose the 1st over the 2nd printing, all other things being equal.

No idea why you would prefer the 1st print. Sewn binding vs. "just because" is no contest in my book.

I was thinking the 1st might somehow be more "collectible", like how people collect 1st edition books.

Thanks for the replies.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by cory817 View Post
    I was thinking the 1st might somehow be more "collectible", like how people collect 1st edition books.

Thanks for the replies.
    generally with these big books, people tend to want the sewn versions of them. there was a big discussion about this whole 1st print vs later print collectible value a few pages back. it pretty much comes down to what you want, sewn or glued. for these large omnibus printings, sewn is generally favored. there are some out there that will favor the 1st glued print of asm higher than the second sewn print, but they're few and far between.

Look at what happened to the price of New X-Men once the new printing was announced.

When it comes to an Omnibus the printing doesn't matter to me. It comes down to prerogative and perception I'd suppose.
    My perception is that even a first print is still material that is being reprinted, sometimes for a 3rd or 4th time. My prerogative is to have an affordable, nice looking, sewn if possible book.
    Someone else my perceive that a 1st printing Omnibus is as important to them as an actual 1st printing of the book itself.
    Value is what someone will pay and it seems the Omni market as a chasm on what is considered important. Find the guy who thinks like you and pay accordingly.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by cory817 View Post

Thanks for the replies.
    The thing is, the collectability is in the rarity; not the edition.
    These books don't have the importance of regular print first editions because they're ALREADY reprints of the source material (the individual floppy issues).

So really, you should just go for the better product that will stand the test of time. You'll appreciate that signature in twenty years more when your book is still together.

Quote Originally Posted by bit18986244 View Post
    The thing is, the collectability is in the rarity; not the edition.
    These books don't have the importance of regular print first editions because they're ALREADY reprints of the source material (the individual floppy issues).

So really, you should just go for the better product that will stand the test of time. You'll appreciate that signature in twenty years more when your book is still together.
    Sound advice. Sound advice.