Page 4 of 666 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Just bought Uncanny X-Men omnibus vol 1 for $100 like new.

please don't let there be a reprint please don't let there be a reprint please don't let there be a reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by bit18986244 View Post

please don't let there be a reprint please don't let there be a reprint please don't let there be a reprint.
    WHy? This one needs a reprint. Nobody should have to pay the $150+ that most people are having to pay.

I never understood the mentality of "I paid good money for mine. I am selfish and don't want anyone else to have the pleasure"
    Last edited by merrick97; 02-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Paying $100 is much better than paying the $175-200 that it has been going for on Ebay. Even if they re-print it you would only be at a $20 loss, I suspect. Now I feel a little bad for the folks that paid $175 for New X-Men...but the heart wants what the heart wants, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    WHy? This one needs a reprint. Nobody should have to pay the $150+ that most people are having to pay.

I never understood the mentality of "I paid good money for mine. I am selfish and don't want anyone else to have the pleasure"
    The mentality makes sense. I'd rather other people spend more than for me to have wasted money, but hey I'm greedy.

Though I suspect that if UXM Vol 1 got a reprint it'd be $125, for the same reason that the Claremont/Lee books are $125. So paying 100 bucks for a copy ain't bad at all.

Actually, I'd probably just pull what most everyone did with New X-Men, and list it immediately if announced, hoping the uninformed pay over cover price. Pretty sure this omnibus doesn't have sewn binding, so.

I've always wondered what people want more; a reprint of the first omnibus, or a volume two omnibus. I was ready to pick up the tpb Masterworks instead, so a reprint is actually low on my priority list.

Uncanny vol 2 omnibus: UXM 132-164
    From the Ashes OHC: UXM 165-175
    Claremont/JrJr omnibus: UXM 176-209

Wonder if Marvel would stretch that out to 3 omniboo instead.

edit:
    Ouch. It's more a matter of "I just paid a lot of money, I hope it isn't a waste too soon!" I'm all for anyone getting a good deal, I just don't want a bad one.
    Last edited by bit18986244; 02-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Actually, I'd probably just pull what most everyone did with New X-Men, and list it immediately if announced, hoping the uninformed pay over cover price. Pretty sure this omnibus doesn't have sewn binding, so.

I've always wondered what people want more; a reprint of the first omnibus, or a volume two omnibus. I was ready to pick up the tpb Masterworks instead, so a reprint is actually low on my priority list.

Uncanny vol 2 omnibus: UXM 132-164
    From the Ashes OHC: UXM 165-175
    Claremont/JrJr omnibus: UXM 176-209

Wonder if Marvel would stretch that out to 3 omniboo instead.

edit:

Ouch. It's more a matter of "I just paid a lot of money, I hope it isn't a waste too soon!"
    Since Marvel does three Masterworks per omnibus Volume 2 will be UXM 132-159, plus Annual 4-5, Bizarre Adventures 27, Phoenix: The Untold Story 1 and The Avengers Annual 10.

bargaingraphicnovels.com just put up a handful of Marvel omnibus at steep discounts - but as with everything else on the site, they are remainder / ding and dent.

They have Iron Man v2 and both Secret Wars for $40, and Evolutionary War for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Since Marvel does three Masterworks per omnibus Volume 2 will be UXM 132-159, plus Annual 4-5, Bizarre Adventures 27, Phoenix: The Untold Story 1 and The Avengers Annual 10.
    Dont assume that Marvel will include the Dark Phoenix saga that is already in the way overpriced hardcover.

Bought the Astonishing X-Men Omnibus finally. :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Dont assume that Marvel will include the Dark Phoenix saga that is already in the way overpriced hardcover.

You don't actually believe that they would take the franchise's most famous story out of the omnibus just because its already in an OHC, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    bargaingraphicnovels.com just put up a handful of Marvel omnibus at steep discounts - but as with everything else on the site, they are remainder / ding and dent.

They have Iron Man v2 and both Secret Wars for $40, and Evolutionary War for $30.
    Bahh!!!!! I was at Barnes and Noble on my phone when I read this. Went to the site and added it to my cart but I hesitated and told myself I didn't need Iron Man vol 2. On my way home I convinced myself of how good it would look next to vol 1, but when I got home it was gone.

Bright side though, pre-ordered John Carter Warlord of Mars Omni for $42.78 shipped with the help of Barnes' "mystery" coupon. 30%off! Going to try tomorrow too but have a feeling these are the one n' done deals.

You don't actually believe that they would take the franchise's most famous story out of the omnibus just because its already in an OHC, do you?
    Would you think that an Uncanny Omni vol 2 will include #s 132-167? or just to 159?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyScarecrow View Post
    Would you think that an Uncanny Omni vol 2 will include #s 132-167? or just to 159?
    While UXM1 had four Masterworks, the guy in charge said they won't do more than three per volume now.

Actually I do, because if they leave those issues out they will tempt people to buy the Dark Phoenix hardcover.

AND...

They have already done it!!

The issues of Uncanny X-men left out between Claremont/Lee Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 are the issues that appear X-tinction Agenda.

So there IS precedence for them to do such a thing.

Chaotically Neutral Specimen 297's Avatar

But you've got to remember...

X-Tinction Agenda came out more or less with the omnibuses (give or take a few months between each). Whereas Dark Phoenix (which is now even available in a trade) came out years before Uncanny Vol 2. At this rate, maybe even decades...
    I'd just like everyone to know that not only am I dropping Marvel, I'm dropping this forum considering I'm not even allowed to voice a negative opinion because a thread "isn't about me".