Page 2 of 666 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Sweetest Guy in the Swamp Manphibian's Avatar

Regardless i better get my ass ready i guess since i did pre-order on ToW

Chaotically Neutral Specimen 297's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I can't think of any other cap OHCs, but its likely I don't know about all of them. I would love to see more OHCs of Cap. I don't know why Waid's run is the premiere size.
    There's also
    Captain America: The New Deal (collects Captain America v4 #1-6)
    Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America (collects Fallen Son #1-5, Captain America Comics #1)
    Captain America: Forever Allies (collects Captain America: Forever Allies #1-4, Young Allies Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1, Young Allies #1)
    Captain America: Theatre of War (collects Captain America: America the Beautiful #1, Captain America: Brother in Arms #1, Captain America: To Soldier On #1, and Captain America: Ghosts of My Country #1)
    Captain America: America First (collects Captain America: America First #1, Captain America: Operation Zero Point #1 and Captain America: Prisoners of Duty #1)
    Captain America: Red, White and Blue (collects back-up stories in Captain America #50 (2002), a collection of short stories and Marvel Spotlight: Captain America Remembered)

Also there's Invaders Now! and Marvels Project that are quite strongly Cap related.
    Last edited by Specimen 297; 02-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    I'd just like everyone to know that not only am I dropping Marvel, I'm dropping this forum considering I'm not even allowed to voice a negative opinion because a thread "isn't about me".

Thumbs up

Woo! New thread!

So I didn't realize AOA is coming out so soon. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon, but I just payed off a bunch of bills for school (including books and a deposit on my new apartment), so I might have to hold off until I have a bit more cash. For some reason I was thinking it wasn't getting released until August...

Regardless, I'm excited for it. I'm actually buying it blind, based only on a) my love of many of the artists that contributed, b) the recommendation of great folks in this thread (and many others over the years who have raved about it), and c) my genuine interest and excitement over a very cool sounding story.

Although now that I thinik about it, I realize that ALL of my Omnibus purchases so far (Astonishing X-men, X-Statix, Ghost Rider, Simonson Thor, and Dark Tower) have been blind as well-- but I've never been led astray so far and I don't imagine I will be this time either.

Here's to vol. 4 of this thread!

Might as well list some current deals in the new thread for new people.

Amazon.com

Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus $38.86 (51% off)
    X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance OHC $39.06 (48% off)
    Avengers The Crossing Omnibus $52.07 (48% off)
    Avengers Kree Skrull War OHC $18.22 (48% off)
    Last edited by Omnibus; 02-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.

*smashes bottle*

Happy sailing, new thread.

In other news, I finally polished off the last CW OHC. X-Statix and my official February reading selection begins tomorrow.
    I gave Iris West -- the kiss of death!

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen 297 View Post
    There's also
    Captain America: The New Deal (collects Captain America v4 #1-6)
    Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America (collects Fallen Son #1-5, Captain America Comics #1)
    Captain America: Forever Allies (collects Captain America: Forever Allies #1-4, Young Allies Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1, Young Allies #1)
    Captain America: Theatre of War (collects Captain America: America the Beautiful #1, Captain America: Brother in Arms #1, Captain America: To Soldier On #1, and Captain America: Ghosts of My Country #1)
    Captain America: America First (collects Captain America: America First #1, Captain America: Operation Zero Point #1 and Captain America: Prisoners of Duty #1)
    Captain America: Red, White and Blue (collects back-up stories in Captain America #50 (2002), a collection of short stories and Marvel Spotlight: Captain America Remembered)

Also there's Invaders Now! and Marvels Project that are quite strongly Cap related.
    I didn't know there was an OHC of Red white and Blue.

With the exception of Fallen Son, Cap's OHCs are pretty scattered. Seems like mostly some odd mini's here and there except for Fallen Son and New Deal.

I believe the Captain America Fallen Son is also a OSHC collecting the one shots that followed Captain America's "Death"
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

Age of Apocalypse comes out Wed?

I need to prepare myself.

What happened to the old thread?

Also I notice from the few pictures of people's collections that are posted, you guys don't buy Masterworks, but you buy the Omnibuses. Is there a reason for that? Aren't the Omnibuses too thick and heavy to open and read properly? I've been thinking of ditching singles and going with hardcovers and digital. Any suggestions?

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    I believe the Captain America Fallen Son is also a OSHC collecting the one shots that followed Captain America's "Death"
    Right. Each issue is one of the stages, guilt, anger, bargaining, all that stuff.

It just feels more relevant to Cap then the other OHCs like Red white and blue and Forever Allies.

Chaotically Neutral Specimen 297's Avatar

Fallen Son is a great buffer for between the first and second Brubaker Captain America omnis... plus there's a few things in it that are later picked up on in the main book (concerning Stark and Hawkeye).
    I'd just like everyone to know that not only am I dropping Marvel, I'm dropping this forum considering I'm not even allowed to voice a negative opinion because a thread "isn't about me".

Quote Originally Posted by BillCarson View Post
    Age of Apocalypse comes out Wed?

I need to prepare myself.
    Considering it still hasn't had a price drop on Amazon below the 37% mark, I'm probably going to cancel my preorder and pick it up at a later date. it's a 'want' much more than a 'need' (as much as any book is a 'need', of course).
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post

Also I notice from the few pictures of people's collections that are posted, you guys don't buy Masterworks, but you buy the Omnibuses. Is there a reason for that? Aren't the Omnibuses too thick and heavy to open and read properly? I've been thinking of ditching singles and going with hardcovers and digital. Any suggestions?
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I primarily stick to omnibus editions because of the value proposition they offer. Masterworks are nice, but a little too expensive for my tastes given the relatively small number of issues you get in each volume.

I know some people have difficulties reading omnibus editions, but I've never really run into any major problems. Yes, you may occasionally have to shift your reading position or give you hands/forearms a break, but in my mind those are small concessions in order to enjoy the oversized art and high issue counts.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post

The people here generally like the oversized art and the value you get with the amount of issues in an Omnibus. Yes some of them can be a little hard to hold but just go to the gym a little more and you will be fine.

Sweetest Guy in the Swamp Manphibian's Avatar

Avengers The Crossing seems seems a bit overpriced even with the discount.