Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    The Pym Particles, like Iron Man's armor and Captain America's SSS, are supposed to be unique.

The way that Millar handled superpowered arms race to me seemed to...safe and dull. What Hickman is doing by having everyone create their own superpowers in different ways, which, IMO, is much more realistic than every country just ripping off each other, is much better.
    That's what started the Ultimate Universe. People trying to redo the Super Soldier formula. So yes, other countries trying to copy each other is very realistic and still goes on to this very day. You're right about Hickman though, other countries creating their own versions of superpowers is a step forward.

The Pym Particles, like Iron Man's armor and Captain America's SSS, are supposed to be unique.

The way that Millar handled superpowered arms race to me seemed to...safe and dull. What Hickman is doing by having everyone create their own superpowers in different ways, which, IMO, is much more realistic than every country just ripping off each other, is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post
    That's what started the Ultimate Universe. People trying to redo the Super Soldier formula. So yes, other countries trying to copy each other is very realistic and still goes on to this very day. You're right about Hickman though, other countries creating their own versions of superpowers is a step forward.
    Did neither of you two read Grand Theft America? Millar gave other countries super-powered being before Hickman ever did. Also he had these supers come into America and kick the crap outta everyone and pretty much destroy the entire eastern seaboard.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did neither of you two read Grand Theft America? Millar gave other countries super-powered being before Hickman ever did. Also he had these supers come into America and kick the crap outta everyone and pretty much destroy the entire eastern seaboard.
    @Wolverine12 First it's cool to see you around haven't seen you post in a while.

Miller started the Genetics-Arm race and Hickman is just continuing what was set up.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

And those were basically copies of what America and Europe had already done. I was saying that Hickman is progressing the arms race by giving the foreign countries they're own unique versions of powers like the Serum and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post
    And those were basically copies of what America and Europe had already done. I was saying that Hickman is progressing the arms race by giving the foreign countries they're own unique versions of powers like the Serum and whatnot.
    Well, the Serum was suppose to give "new Mutants" so they we're just based off the X-Gene, so it all comes back to what America had. :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Well, the Serum was suppose to give "new Mutants" so they we're just based off the X-Gene, so it all comes back to what America had. :)
    The Serum was suppose to make mutants into Celestials & Humans/Deviants into Eternals. Is what the Oracle said I thought
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

True.

I still count it as unique though, seeing as how most of the People are near god level in capability, have two floating cities, and have gone unchallenged.... until recent events.

Elder Member

and it was just copying what America did. While the serum and the x-gene are similar the x-gene was hereditary, but in order to get powers from the serum you have to take it.

and it was just copying what America did. While the serum and the x-gene are similar the x-gene was hereditary, but in order to get powers from the serum you have to take it.
    We were never told how the X-Gene spread so it may not be strictly hereditary. Also it started with one person being "made" into a mutant. I'm betting if any of the "people" had kids that they would be super powered as well so it it most likely also hereditary. All Hickman has done is what Millar already did but he renamed mutants "Celestials/Eternals." I'm not sure if the Children actually have any super powers, I think they are more like the EDI and receive massive boosts from the tech they are wearing. Although the tech is far more advanced than anything the EDI ever had.

Now don't take this as me belittling Hickman, because I am not doing that at all. In fact I think he has created the best evolution to the beginning of the UU that we've seen in a very long time.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Pym Particles don't exist in the Ultimate universe. I don't think they named his grow formula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Pym Particles don't exist in the Ultimate universe. I don't think they named his grow formula.
    In this universe Pym took a sample of Wasp's X-gene and created the Giant-Man/Ant-Man serum. This is like what happened with Schizoid Man, who ingested a formula with Multiple Man's X-gene.
    Last edited by MrV; 03-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    The two X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover annuals.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    In this universe Pym took a sample of Wasp's X-gene and created the Giant-Man/Ant-Man serum. This is like what happened with Schizoid Man, who ingested a formula with Multiple Man's X-gene.
    Exactly.

The two X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover annuals.
    It used to not exist until in these two issue the writer mixed up the 616 Universe with the Ultimate Universe.

Looks like an Ultimate Universe and 616 Universe crossover... it seems Marvel is officially out of ideas.
    Unless this is an alternate 616 universe like the Marvel Zombies Universe, but it that was the case they could just have called it Ultimate Comics: Spider-Men.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 03-27-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

I'm hoping it's a two-in-one book. I'd totally dig that.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!