Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

One thing I forgot to mention from my long list of initial speculations is the possibility of a 616/Ultimate crossover (which is what the CBR article is speculating).

Granted, I don't think that's the case, because it uses two Ultimate logos for the image. But it's always a possibility.

And while I've always said that I would be open to that kind of crossover, I think it would work better with Fantastic Four than with Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    ... Really? ... ... ... Really!?

Is there any confirmation that this is Ultimate related as well? As the "what if there wasn't only one" was thought to be Ultimate related until it wasn't.
    No confirmation, but it makes sense. Not only was it tweeted by Bendis, but the logo is definitely the same logo from USM 160 and from Miles's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    We don't have an X-Men book either. We have a book called Ultimate Comics: X-Men, but not a team in it caling themselves X-Men.
    Still an X-Men book.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Still an X-Men book.
    So was Ultimate X by that logic. There are no X-Men in the Ultimate universe.

What if, and I know this sounds crazy, but what if it crosses over into the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures.

Actually it's gotten to the point where I would actually enjoy a 616/ Ultimate crossover... The two universes are different enough that it it totally viable now... Just as long as it's a one time thing, say like the zombie-verse only coming within range of dimensional transporters once every few thousand years? I don't want 616 messing with Ultimate on a regular basis.

Reed vs Reed would be awesome though.

Still... I'm pretty "meh" until more is revealed. Baseless speculation annoys me.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

So was Ultimate X by that logic. There are no X-Men in the Ultimate universe.
    And Ultimate X was an X-Men book of sorts. Not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that it was a group of mutants. And Ultimate X-Men even more so. While they haven't done it yet, they'll (or at least some of them will) be calling themselves the X-Men soon enough. I mean, it's got X-Men in the title; it's an X-Men book.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Ultimate Spider-Island?
    Ultimate Clone Saga 2?

I hope Bendis is going to keep the focus on Miles and not resurrect Peter in someway.

Ultimate Spider-Island?
    Ultimate Clone Saga 2?
    AKA "Ultimate: story we've already seen"

Sorry i'm feeling extra cynical tonight.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

My resurrection sense is tingling.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor M. View Post
    Sorry that's just me, I had burritos for lunch.

BANNED

Oh crap, I hope not!

Peter has to remain dead for good. He has to be an Uncle Ben character, where him remaining dead is essential for the new hero to rise and remain a hero.

I hope to Thor it isn't.

To quote: "I know we never say never, but I'm going to say never." - Brian Michael Bendis.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    AKA "Ultimate: story we've already seen"

Sorry i'm feeling extra cynical tonight.
    Ultimate Ben Rielly?
    Ultimate Shattered Dimensions!?
    Ultimate Steve Wacker Eats The Marvel Universe!!?

The title's .1 fan!!! ultimate spider-man. 1 fan!!!'s Avatar

F@-k YES!!! SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!
    Buy comics by Bendis, Millar and Hickman...but stay away from Loeb! (well, his current stuff anyway)

Pull list : The Amazing spider-man, Ult. comics spider-man, Avergers and Justice league

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Starting today, we fight ideas with better ideas. The idea of crime with the idea of Peter Parker. From today on, Spider-Man will be everywhere it's dark, no place to hide.
    I would buy a Spider-Man Inc. He's got enough clones to start the business up!

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    Oh crap, I hope not!

Peter has to remain dead for good. He has to be an Uncle Ben character, where him remaining dead is essential for the new hero to rise and remain a hero.
    You're right. It seems unlikely Bendis is going to resurrect Peter otherwise it would undermine Miles reason for becoming Spider-Man.