Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Spider-men - The new Bendis Project?

Brian Bendis just tweeted the following picture, with the caption:

"SPIDER-MEN??!! June 2012!!?? WHAT THE WHAT??!!"

If you notice, the image is a combination of the Death of Spider-man polybag logo and Miles's logo.

WHAT THE WHAT??!!

Is this the new project for Bendis they have been talking about?

Whatever it is, it looks like Bendis is finally doing something big that will get the naysayers (including myself) fully on board with his new Ultimate Spider-man. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be a separate miniseries, "Ultimate Spider-men," that deals with Miles and Spider-woman, plus maybe the Scorpion clone. It very well might just be a big arc for USM, as that should be issue 11 or 12, which would logically be the start of a new arc.

In a semi-related note, I'd also like to see him finish the Mysterio/Black Cat/Kingpin story. I'd be happy if that was part of this, as well.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

The fu-

Scorpion clone?

Great now we have to wait until June for the "I told you he'd be back" crowd to shut up.

Last edited by wyokid; 02-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Starting today, we fight ideas with better ideas. The idea of crime with the idea of Peter Parker. From today on, Spider-Man will be everywhere it's dark, no place to hide.

I always felt Peter's death should inspire a rise of both heroes and opportunist criminals. Heck, maybe thats why Scorpion moves to New York? Because Spider-Man is "no more" and the Kingpin is dead?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

"My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Elder Member

Only one more month (two if you count this one) until we start to get any clue on what it is (assuming Marvel releases nothing else until then).

I'm just excited that I broke the news before anyone else, it seems (except the man himself).
    I just so happened to click on facebook and saw it sitting right there from Bendis. I haven't been this excited for news since they said Hickman would write Ultimates.

Let's just hope it doesn't let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'm just excited that I broke the news before anyone else, it seems (except the man himself).
    I just so happened to click on facebook and saw it sitting right there from Bendis. I haven't been this excited for news since they said Hickman would write Ultimates.

Let's just hope it doesn't let us down.
    It's also nice to see the whole Amazing Friends angle being kept up. If this is truly going to be a team book, maybe we can even get Spider-Woman star in both Ultimates and USM more frequently? This also reminds me, Miles is suppose to get very proactive with the Ultimates.

Ooh the hype is building up on me!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Announcements of the day

Marvel (Spider-Men) > DC (Before Watchmen)

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    It's also nice to see the whole Amazing Friends angle being kept up. If this is truly going to be a team book, maybe we can even get Spider-Woman star in both Ultimates and USM more frequently? This also reminds me, Miles is suppose to get very proactive with the Ultimates.

Ooh the hype is building up on me!
    I would love a return to the Amazing Friends angle of the book. I always wanted there to be an "Ultimate Spider-man" AND "Ultimate Amazing Friends" book. Bendis writes these teen relationships so well, and that's been missing from the relaunch. It would be great if Bobby and Johnny became as close with Jessica (no... not THAT close) as they were with Peter. She is his clone, after all.

I just hope that Peter doesn't come back. But worse things could happen.

... Really? ... ... ... Really!?

Is there any confirmation that this is Ultimate related as well? As the "what if there wasn't only one" was thought to be Ultimate related until it wasn't.

Also if it is definitely Ultimate... I'm really not that excited. We have a spider-book. We're MISSING an Ultimate FF book. Just sayin'. Don't over-saturate the universe with too many spider-characters like they did with 616 Hulk...

Overall first impression: not excited, kinda annoyed more than anything, as like I said: we have a spider-book... Do we need another one? Meh.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Like i said, Peter's death should give an impact to both possible heroes and opportunist criminals. Why should Miles be the only one who wants to help? Yeah, he has powers, but c'mon we can go abit Kick-Ass route. :p
    My Blog

BANNED

Spider-Men... Don't know if I should be excited or scared.

First things that come to mind:
    • Human Torch and Iceman dressing up in Spidey costumes and fighting crime alongside Miles
    • Miles meeting a resurrected Peter Parker (HELL NO!!!)
    • Spider-Woman and Miles team-up
    • Scorpion becoming good and dressing up as Spidey?
    • Gwen Stacy and MJ getting powers and joining the Spider-Family?
    • Ultimate version of Spider-Island?!
    • Time travel story?

They are speculation this on CBR News:

Showcasing the combined emblems of both "Amazing Spider-Man's" Peter Parker and "Ultimate Comics: Spider Man's" Miles Morales, the teaser simply states "Spider-Men" with a June 2012 release date. Although the teaser heavily implies a crossover between Peter Parker and Miles Morales, there is so far no evidence to support the theory.

Since the inception of the Ultimate line in 2000 with "Ultimate Spider-Man," there has never been a crossover between the mainstream Marvel U and the Ultimate Universe. Considering the popularity of Miles Morales and the upcoming "Amazing Spider-Man" film, it's understandable the publisher would put an event into the works involving an interaction between Miles and Peter Parker to draw in new readers fresh from the movie. Is it possible Marvel will publish the first-ever crossover between the mainstream Marvel Universe and the Ultimate books come June 2012?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It would be great if Bobby and Johnny became as close with Jessica (no... not THAT close) as they were with Peter.
    The first thing that came to my mind was the three of them all trying to squeeze side-by-side on a school bus seat

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    ... Really? ... ... ... Really!?

Is there any confirmation that this is Ultimate related as well? As the "what if there wasn't only one" was thought to be Ultimate related until it wasn't.

Also if it is definitely Ultimate... I'm really not that excited. We have a spider-book. We're MISSING an Ultimate FF book. Just sayin'. Don't over-saturate the universe with too many spider-characters like they did with 616 Hulk...

Overall first impression: not excited, kinda annoyed more than anything, as like I said: we have a spider-book... Do we need another one? Meh.
    We don't have an X-Men book either. We have a book called Ultimate Comics: X-Men, but not a team in it caling themselves X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    [*]Gwen Stacy and MJ getting powers and joining the Spider-Family?[/LIST]
    One of those two need to get their ass to SEAR and take the source