Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

I used the charecter additions thread.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I said to add OC's here, but go ahead and just put in in the submissions thread, I guess.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I said to add OC's here, but go ahead and just put in in the submissions thread, I guess.
    Oh... Soryy bout that. If you want I can repost it over here...

I'll post mine here soon. Thanks.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh... Soryy bout that. If you want I can repost it over here...
    It's fine.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could hack everything down into a quicklist in comic-book style terminology just for easier referencing.

From what I can gather, he's an illusion-caster with supreme dodging skills, great agility and dexterity, has Class 1.5 strength, can do bursts of super speed and climb walls, and has some probability manipulation.

While I don't see him just one-punching anyone very easily, he's got an esoteric enough skill set to make him a decent threat. I'd say he's a 7 or so.
    Alright, that was the exact read out of all his powers (so I don't get yelled at when I do something awesome). Here's the short version.

Taran, God of Stealth

Class 1 means he can lift one ton right? SO he's more like class .75. He has Mach 3 Superspeed, can walk on wall like the ground, has all the stealing powers of Composite Carmen Sandiago and makes Batgod look like a clumsy drunken oaf when it comes to sneaking. He can dodge and fight like the Karate Kid (DC Version). He is a master Mage that can unmake any spell, and has vast control over illusions. Space is a trivial detail to him, and he can teleport, even across dimensions.

He carries a set of magic knives that cut people up bad and teleport back to him like Riptide, magic shoes that let him fly, and a hat that allows him to change his appearance at will.

Alright, that was the exact read out of all his powers (so I don't get yelled at when I do something awesome). Here's the short version.

Taran, God of Stealth

Class 1 means he can lift one ton right? SO he's more like class .75. He has Mach 3 Superspeed, can walk on wall like the ground, has all the stealing powers of Composite Carmen Sandiago and makes Batgod look like a clumsy drunken oaf when it comes to sneaking. He can dodge and fight like the Karate Kid (DC Version). He is a master Mage that can unmake any spell, and has vast control over illusions. Space is a trivial detail to him, and he can teleport, even across dimensions.

He carries a set of magic knives that cut people up bad and teleport back to him like Riptide, magic shoes that let him fly, and a hat that allows him to change his appearance at will.
    So, can he move fast enough to counter a Kryptonian blitz, then? If so, the Karate Kid level combat ability alone makes him an 8. Stacked with everything else, I'd say he's a 10, at least.

Well good! Cause that's what I called him as well.

Well good! Cause that's what I called him as well.
    Alright then. 10 it is.

Name: Tamiko Kessler
    Source Work: SHR1
    Appearance:
    Tamiko by GrampaGen
    Tamiko by GrampaGen 2nd

Powers and Abilities:

• Mage - Talented magic user [Zatanna Level] specializing in Healing, Defensive, Illusions, and Elemental Magic.
    • Telepathy - [At the level of Saturn Girl]
    • Telekinesis - [At Jean Grey level - 1960's/1970's Original X-Men, no PF]
    • Psychic Constructs - Can create Swords, Spears, Bow and Arrows, and any other simple weapon she can imagine. [More Powerful than Psylocke]
    • Sacred Flame - A Mystical energy that can be combined with her weapons to purge evil demons [comparable to Kikyo's Power].
    • Winged Flight - She possess wings that remain hidden until she summons them. With the wings she can fly like a bird [See Angel (Marvel Comics)]
    • Roc Scream - By channeling her energy through her vocal cords and screaming oudly, she can blast an object up to 20 feet away, causing it, or a section of it to disappear. Maximum size/weight about 27 Cubic Feet/50 lbs.

Skills and Physical Stats
    • Peak Human Reaction Time/Agility
    • Martial Arts and Weapons Training - Black Belt level
    • Olympic Level Strength
    • Olympic Level Speed

History
    An American from Northern California. Has a younger brother, Kado Kessler, age 13. Tamiko was born with a strong psychic gift which first manifested it's self as simple telekinesis. An Elementary School teacher took an interest in her and began training her to use her gifts. This Teacher has a mysterious background but has had experience with exceptional children before. He was able to not only train her to use her psychic talents, but also began bringing out her latent magical abilities that she inherited from her great grandmother who was a powerful witch, descended from a long line of powerful German witches. He also taught her martial arts and weapon's skills before he died under questionable circumstances.

Her and her brother, who also had talent, were accepted into a private school for exceptional students. there she further developed her psychic and magical skills. On an adventure she encountered a Great Roc who blessed her with gift of Wings and trained her to use the Roc Scream.

Personality
    Kind and compassionate to her friends and family; aggressive and intensely determined in combat against an enemy.

Cost: 9
    Last edited by Tami; 02-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.

BANNED

Again, what is a +5 speed boost? The Rumblers League isn't D&D or an RPG. These profiles need to be translated into English.

How fast are they? How fast can they amp themselves to be? How long does this amp take?

How physically strong?

How strong is the telepathy?

To what level can the first character 'unmake spells'? (And frankly, that character stomps the power curve)

Same for all stats and all OCs please.

So far, they aren't fulfilling the necessary criteria to be allowed in. They need comparable feats with existing characters, primarily so that others can research them. Otherwise this league is going to collapse again.

As things stand, abilities are going to crop up that the rest of the league are unaware of. And attacks by opposition teams are going to fail due to immunities (and unspecified levels of invulnerabilities) that aren't visible.

They're in on the condition that all traits are transferable to another character and that every aspect of their personality/powers/abilities/weaknesses are visible.

And, for reference, I simply wouldn't/couldn't write a strategy against either of them, as things stand.
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 02-06-2012 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

DRAFT ORDER
    The MunchKING
    Bobisbeast & Vycesyn
    Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Sharkerbob
    Tami
    Stigma Rex & Estrecca
    Darth Drizzle
    KJ Stewart
    Randy Mandy
    So does this mean you are definitely participating? Or is it still a case of "I'll be 4th in the draft order IF I opt to join"?

Hmmm, 8th (or 7th as the case may be) isn't so bad here. There aren't many people in this league who I can see wanting too many of my choices this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Again, what is a +5 speed boost? The Rumblers League isn't D&D or an RPG. These profiles need to be translated into English.

How fast are they? How fast can they amp themselves to be? How long does this amp take?

How physically strong?

How strong is the telepathy?

To what level can the first character 'unmake spells'? (And frankly, that character stomps the power curve)

Same for all stats and all OCs please.

So far, they aren't fulfilling the necessary criteria to be allowed in. They need comparable feats with existing characters, primarily so that others can research them. Otherwise this league is going to collapse again.

As things stand, abilities are going to crop up that the rest of the league are unaware of. And attacks by opposition teams are going to fail due to immunities (and unspecified levels of invulnerabilities) that aren't visible.

They're in on the condition that all traits are transferable to another character and that every aspect of their personality/powers/abilities/weaknesses are visible.

And, for reference, I simply wouldn't/couldn't write a strategy against either of them, as things stand.
    I wasn't finished yet, got too tired to finish cleaning it up. It's not easy to translate RPG into RLeague. I do welcome advice on how to best edit this, and on assigning points.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-06-2012 at 04:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wasn't finished yet, got too tired to finish cleaning it up. It's not easy to translate RPG into RLeague. I do welcome advice on how to best edit this, and on assigning points.
    Basically, make it up.

It's an original character, it doesn't need to be an exact copy of the RPG version. There's no literal translations to be done really.

Instead of saying +5 speed, just say "Quicksilver speed" or "Spider-Man speed" or whatever kind of level you're aiming at.

And when you say the character has telepathy, just say it's "Emma Frost level" or whatever.

And healing? Wolverine level? Buffy level?

Durability? Thing level? Superman level? Jimmy Olsen level?

Teleportation? Sole teleportation? Group teleportation? Mass (city level) teleportation? Say "can do all teleportation that Nightcrawler/Dr. Strange/Character X has ever done".

Basically, forget what the said character may or may not have done in RPG's that other people have no familiarity with, and give their powerset a background of feats from characters we might actually be familiar with or able to research.

I just don't see it as fair to use stuff nobody but you are familiar with. I might say "Emma Frost overpowers him/her with superior TP". And you might respond "but her TP is Moondragon level?" And I lose. But if you say beforehand "he/she has Moondragon level telepathy", I will know not to bother using Emma Frost to attack her mind.

I know I'm not running this, but I'm allowed to give input. And I know how the thing works, and I don't see it as fair to change the dynamic to something none of the "non-RPGers" are familiar with, because they didn't sign up for that. If OC's are going to be accommodated, it should be under the predetermined conditions. OC's need to adapt to league rules, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Basically, make it up.

It's an original character, it doesn't need to be an exact copy of the RPG version. There's no literal translations to be done really.

Instead of saying +5 speed, just say "Quicksilver speed" or "Spider-Man speed" or whatever kind of level you're aiming at.

And when you say the character has telepathy, just say it's "Emma Frost level" or whatever.

And healing? Wolverine level? Buffy level?

Durability? Thing level? Superman level? Jimmy Olsen level?

Teleportation? Sole teleportation? Group teleportation? Mass (city level) teleportation? Say "can do all teleportation that Nightcrawler/Dr. Strange/Character X has ever done".

Basically, forget what the said character may or may not have done in RPG's that other people have no familiarity with, and give their powerset a background of feats from characters we might actually be familiar with or able to research.

I just don't see it as fair to use stuff nobody but you are familiar with. I might say "Emma Frost overpowers him/her with superior TP". And you might respond "but her TP is Moondragon level?" And I lose. But if you say beforehand "he/she has Moondragon level telepathy", I will know not to bother using Emma Frost to attack her mind.

I know I'm not running this, but I'm allowed to give input. And I know how the thing works, and I don't see it as fair to change the dynamic to something none of the "non-RPGers" are familiar with, because they didn't sign up for that. If OC's are going to be accommodated, it should be under the predetermined conditions. OC's need to adapt to league rules, not the other way around.
    Fair enough. I will take your advice and revise the writeup when I get back to my PC. Thank you.